Closed Thread
Page 3 of 751 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    Excited about the show, but still no book.
    from wiki
    "On February 19, 2009, Martin posted on his website, "I am trying to finish the book by June. I think I can do that. If I do, A Dance with Dragons will likely be published in September or October."[16] On June 22, 2009, the author expressed "guarded optimism" in respect to his progress on the book, while still not confirming a publication date.[17]"
    =/

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    It's been years since I've read the books but isn't Ned supposed to be larger than Sean Bean? Like, a lot larger?
    You're definitely thinking of someone else. Ned's not physically imposing at all.

The only person that's really ridiculously imposing is Gregor Clegane, aka The Mountain.

And maybe Hodor.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

HODOOOORRR

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    The only person that's really ridiculously imposing is Gregor Clegane, aka The Mountain.

And maybe Hodor.
    Robert Bartheon is 6' 5" and very...large. The character is also very imposing at certain points so I'm not sure how I like Mark Addy for that role but hopefully he can pull it off.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Hodor!

Sean Bean's certainly an interesting choice. I think he'll fit Ned well.

I was hoping for Damien Lewis as Ned, but oh well.

I hope at some point James Purefoy gets some sort of role. He was awesome as Marc Anthony in Rome.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Liam Neeson should be Ned. Ice & Fire needs Obi-Wan training Rob and Jon

So apparently Catlyn Stark has been cast.

Jennifer Ehle, an actress I don't know, but I can't say that that's a bad thing. Pretty much every HBO series I've watched, they've done a great job casting people.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

for those too lazyto google
    Jennifer Ehle
    oh and if I am reading it right Viserys is the guy who played Will Scarlett in the BBC robin hood.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

She definitely has a lot of experience. Not to mention she was born about 20min from where I was, so she's gotta be made of win.

I trust HBO on casting as well based on their track record.

I was really excited about Sean Bean given he's played so many roles as both villain and hero, and this series is comprised of mostly "gray," characters.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Kind of funny she was in a movie called "The River King" considering... well, y'know.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    Kind of funny she was in a movie called "The River King" considering... well, y'know.
    rofl. Didn't even notice that.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

irony indeed

So he's toying with us now.
    Yes, three more roles have been cast for the GAME OF THRONES pilot, as David Benioff and Dan Weiss announced over on Westeros.

No, I can't tell you who they are. HBO will make the announcements in due time, I'm sure. When? I don't know. Tomorrow, next week, next month. They don't consult with me. As I write this, I am aware of five parts that have been cast but not yet announced, but there could well be more. Things are moving quickly now. And of course, casting a role is not just a matter of picking an actor. Even after you decide who you want, there are offers and counter-offers, contract negotiations, a whole delicate dance that goes on. It is never wise to leak things prematurely. Sometimes that can actually throw a monkey wrench into the process.

I'm excited about the choices, though.

What can I say? Not much.

Maybe a few hints...

The five roles... well, we have cast Jaime Lannister and Theon Greyjoy, I let that slip in Montreal... the three new ones are all females. A couple small roles, but very important ones. One player has something in common with Ned. One has something in common with Harry Potter. One is not a boney pop singer. Shows can get cancelled and so can characters, but two of them have been seen on American tv recently.

And that's all you're getting from me, until HBO blows the trumpet.

* Mood: mischievous

That still leaves four adults you can try to figure out, though. And among the hundreds of theories and guesses, I've seen a couple of you getting it right... or coming close, riding the right theory to the wrong conclusion. So keep at it.

In the absence of an announcement, I'll give you a few more clues. One cast member was played by a puppet. Another has been seen wandering a castle exclaiming about roses. A third is too good to be true. The fourth is the fifth. Esquire thinks one of them is hot.

'Nuff said.

And while you guys are chewing on those, off in London and New York and LA and Dublin, casting continues. They're reading for some smaller parts now: Gared, Ser Rodrik, Maester Luwin, and the like. Even for these "lesser" roles (you know the old chestnut, there are no small roles, only small actors), we're seeing some great readings. David, Dan, and Tom are going to have some tough decisions to make. Me, I'm going out for coffee and a danish.
    how's my copapasta lookin?

Jorah Mormont - Iain Glen
    Daenerys Targaryen - Tamzin Merchant
    Arya Stark - Maizie Williams
    Sansa Stark - Sophie Turner
    Theon Greyjoy - Alfie Allen
    Jaime Lannister - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
    Robb Stark - Richard Madden

pics & some vid of the actors/actresses works
    Not A Blog

anyone know when this is supposed to be aired? looks interesting, hope they don't mess it up...

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by senjo View Post
    hope they don't mess it up...
    It's in HBO's hands, so I wouldn't be too worried. Judging by the casting I think it will be rather successful. Probably pick up a lot fans that have no clue who George R. R. Martin is.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

A lot of the male actors being cast are a lot smaller than the characters they're supposed to be playing.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Baelorn View Post
    A lot of the male actors being cast are a lot smaller than the characters they're supposed to be playing.
    I'd rather have a high quality actor than someone who looks a little bit more like what was described in the book. I've seen wayyyyy too many movies/shows go to pure shit b/c they cast some douchebag who looks perfect for the role, yet can't act to save their fucking lives.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 751 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast