Closed Thread
Page 51 of 751 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    Is this a spoiler or ?
    Compared to other stuff, not really. but since it hasnt been addressed yet on the show, it does belong in brackets. Palin just a dumb dumb

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Man that's hardly a spoiler w/e nigs.

Sowwy.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

better safe than sorry and all that

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by Bweigelt View Post
    I think he's scrapped the gap for good. It was originally going to be between books three and four and then after he wrote three he pushed it back to between books four and five, and then once he started writing book 4 he decided it just wasn't going to work. I think that's what caused book 4 to be way to long to fit in one edition and caused the split.

Also sort of unrelated to everything else but while the show has made some amazing casting choices (Jorah, Arya, and Varys are so perfect you'd swear GRRM had those people in mind when he wrote the characters) but they really missed the mark with Renly. It's the one major casting misstep I feel they've made as he just doesn't fit the character and really seems out of place in the show.
    I think that he thought that the characters were made too young. I mean, he's not going to be able to use Rickon for anything useful because of the age thing. That's why he was going to jump ahead a few years. I wonder what he'll do now.

Also, I agree with you on Renly. Robert and his brothers were supposed to be big huge men. It's related to the whole mystery of Jon Arryn's death.

Tyrion, Littlefinger, and Khal Drogo were well cast.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Ya they seem to have wanted to create a better backstory for Renly's actions later in the series. Thus making his initial introduction personality more plausible for later. I don't necessarily agree, but i see why they did what they did. They wanted it seem like there's a ton of people scheming for the throne themselves, so they lumped Renly in with the rest of them.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with almost all the actors/actresses so far. Even the kids. My only disappointment so far has been Cersei, but I think that's more to do with how they've changed some scenes from the book. She seems like she's a bit more of a bitch in the books to me.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

I agree with Renly not being cast well. The actor is doing a good enough job, but he doesn't look anything like Renly was described (actually, none of the Baratheons introduced so far in the show have black hair -_-).

Renly was supposed to be clean-shaven, wasn't he? I googled the actor who plays him, and he looks a lot better without a beard.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    I agree with Renly not being cast well. The actor is doing a good enough job, but he doesn't look anything like Renly was described
    He doesn't act anything like Renly acted either. Book Renz is all charm and swagger and easy confidence, movie Renly is an effeminate who is terribly insecure of himself and whinges like a little girl about how Robert and Stannis treat him.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Compared to other stuff, not really. but since it hasnt been addressed yet on the show, it does belong in brackets. Palin just a dumb dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by Palin View Post
    Man that's hardly a spoiler w/e nigs.

Sowwy.
    lol k

E. Body
    BG Level

Having missed ep 6 and 7, I decided I was in prime position to pace myself and get a little more than 1-episode per week. Then my body decided, shit, I'm watching back-to-back.

This show is mentally gay, because it's blowing my mind. The finale of each episode is so masterfully done -- the crown of gold, the backstabbing. Hot damn.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Only up to episode three but man do I hope Sarah Connor and her little faggot son get a nice hot spike in their eye.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheKoolAidMan View Post
    Only up to episode three but man do I hope Sarah Connor and her little faggot son get a nice hot spike in their eye.
    You have to credit them though -- they do a great job of making you hate the living crap out of them...

I remind myself of chapelle's grape drank skit everytime i hear "Joffrey"

what the eff is joffrey?

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    He doesn't act anything like Renly acted either. Book Renz is all charm and swagger and easy confidence, movie Renly is an effeminate who is terribly insecure of himself and whinges like a little girl about how Robert and Stannis treat him.
    I feel the same way. It's a bit more glaring as well with the rest of the cast so spot on.
    YE OLDE BOOKE SPOILERS
    Spoiler: show
    Being one of the people who's read the series, I find myself hating that I've become so attached to some of the characters/actors that aren't gonna make it. It really puts a new perspective on them all going through the visualization of the story and reliving some of those great "wtf," moments. Leaving names out to avoid seriously fucking the book over if someone gets too nosy.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

tag that as book spoilers or people will think you are just talking about the show up to date gadri

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    tag that as book spoilers or people will think you are just talking about the show up to date gadri
    Good call. Qal's all over it.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

DAN CONNOR

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

LOL!

Shit Tyv, you made my day. Now come make me a sammich.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

This show is fuckin great.

A crown for the king.

aduidarnenye

It's rather sad to know that some of the great minor characters in the book will never make it into the TV show or just be tiny bit parts due to a lack of time/space. They're the ones I'm really going to miss because I'm very attached to a few of them.

Here's a funny Youtube channel I found:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/seanzoz#p/a/u/1/ajMzpiyZ4GA

More of the same on his website.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I have finally read enough of the first book to be further then the show, so now I can watch last sunday's episode and partake in the show discussion again. yay me. All the book has done is made me wish there were more episodes in this season... they have to cut out so much stuff to make it all fit, how the hell are they going to do the later books that are even longer