Closed Thread
Page 706 of 751 FirstFirst ... 656 696 704 705 706 707 708 716 ... LastLast

Not sure they'd know she killed Stannis, either. Unless people at the Wall are telling the Lannisters things.

Overall, I look to more at an attempt at civility. Even if they aren't technically allies or enemies, it's probably a bad idea to ignore the presence of a third party without knowing just what they'd arrived for. Under different circumstances, it could've easily been Brienne saying, "Yo, we got an army to assist them. GTFO unless you wanna lose your dudes in a pincer."

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So am I alone here, or was the Hodor scene the only scene of this season to evoke that level of feels?

Compared to other episodes, 5 is easily the best overall so far this season (I repeat). You cannot top all of what happened in that episode. We will see though until EP 9 at least and hopefully 10 also steps it up because this last episode was just... ugh a horrible setup for what is suppose to be the pinnacle episode of the season, thank fucking god has nothing to do with what transpired. I am not going to get my hopes too high but you really can't fuck up Bastard Bowl.

This man is awesome.

BG Level

you guys may be placing too much stock into "the Lannisters" and seeing them as a coherent faction with a unified goal. Cersei appears to care only for keeping her son on the throne and maintaining her political influence, Kevan appears to care primarily about the stability of the kingdom, and Jamie seems to care about nothing at all except being with Cersei and protecting what remains of his family with her. the former two would never have let an ally of Sansa Stark go, but it makes sense for Jamie given his characterization, especially since (as Bronn directly pointed out) Jamie and Brienne likely have romantic feelings for one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    So am I alone here, or was the Hodor scene the only scene of this season to evoke that level of feels?
    Hodor is obviously #1 it's mighty dusty in here times but Sansa and Jon hugging was the first time the show made me feel feelings in a long while

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    #1 Feels in the entire show easy. I haven't had even near that level of feels since Ned's death. Red Wedding included.

Someone said "Hold the door" to me at work like a week ago... lost my shit, lol.

You have to give it up to R.R. Martin to have made a secondary character's death more powerful than primary characters in the minds of show goers.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    Sansa and Jon hugging was the first time the show made me feel feelings in a long while
    Definitely agree on that one as well, but that was a happy feel. This one was just... heart obliterating once you realize what is happening.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Hold the door is easily one of the most dramatic and feels worthy scene in tv history. The only other moment I can probably compare to it is when Uncle Banks hugged Will Smith after his father abandoned him again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Hold the door is easily one of the most dramatic and feels worthy scene in tv history. The only other moment I can probably compare to it is when Uncle Banks hugged Will Smith after his father abandoned him again.
    some hyperbole there?

also,

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Yeah but it doesn't seem the smartest idea to tell Jaime "Hey I'm here to get Blackfish for Sansa, her and Jon Snow are totes raising an army to take back Winterfell from the Boltons." Cause the Boltons and Lannisters being allies and all. Or does the crown not care about Winterfell anymore now that, in their eyes, the war is over?
    Except Boltons and Lannisters arent allies anymore so it'd probably work for the Lannisters that Sansa and the Boltons fight it out first.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

lol i couldn't care less about hodor. haven't thought about him since he got hax0red

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn View Post
    some hyperbole there?

also,
    Oh man I completely forgot about this!

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    lol i couldn't care less about hodor. haven't thought about him since he got hax0red
    you beat me too it lmao

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    you beat me too it lmao
    You motherfuckers are cold as ice. Hold the door was great.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

when Uncle Banks hugged Will Smith after his father abandoned him again.
    How come he don't want me man

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Uncle Banks, LOL! Don't think I've ever heard him called that before.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Uncle Banks, LOL! Don't think I've ever heard him called that before.
    Well he is Uncle. . .Phil. . . Banks.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

iirc that shit wasn't scripted, either. or not totally. i guess smith had issues with his own dad, and it brought all that up.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

James Avery improvised the hug at the end and everyone loved it so they kept it in.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    iirc that shit wasn't scripted, either. or not totally. i guess smith had issues with his own dad, and it brought all that up.
    Yeah. That's super not true.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

o. well, its still a great scene.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I just realized Episode 9 of GoT and Game 7 of the NBA Finals are airing the same night. So much win, especially for a Sunday. and the night before for the main event (only fight worth watching on this card IMO) Rory McDonald vs Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson. This weekend is going to be damn good, and UFC 200 is just creeping closer.