Bismarck

Arya+The Hound buddy cop show.

pls.

It needs to be:
    1. Dunk and Egg
    2. Blackfyre Rebellion
    3. Dance of Dragons
    4. Aegons Conquest

I'd like to see something like Eurons adventures in the dark corners of the world or the War between Rhoynar and Valyrians but that's never going to happen

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Off-hand, I'd say the most likely events to be covered are:

- Robert's Rebellion.
    - Dunk & Egg.
    - The Dance of the Dragons.
    - Aegon's Conquest.

I doubt we'd get any spin-offs set after or during the show. I'm not sure if this news is a good or bad thing, though. GRRM has said he quit show writing to focus on TWOW, so... soon?

Regardless, doesn't bode remotely well for ADOS or the series ever ending.

Jinx, Cichy.

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk yes

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    Off-hand, I'd say the most likely events to be covered are:

- Robert's Rebellion.
    - Dunk & Egg.
    - The Dance of the Dragons.
    - Aegon's Conquest.

I doubt we'd get any spin-offs set after or during the show. I'm not sure if this news is a good or bad thing, though. GRRM has said he quit show writing to focus on TWOW, so... soon?

Regardless, doesn't bode remotely well for ADOS or the series ever ending.

Jinx, Cichy.
    He took of to finish the book after like season 3. I'm just thinking people probably want more dragons at least so Dance of Dragons in my mind is the most likely front runner

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    He took of to finish the book after like season 3. I'm just thinking people probably want more dragons at least so Dance of Dragons in my mind is the most likely front runner
    Yeah, he hasn't written any recent show episodes, but he's listed as co-writer for two of these four potential series pitches.

The major thing prohibiting a Dance adaptation would be the enormous CGI costs -- I think there were more than 15 dragons involved? It would be pretty crazy expensive, especially for something that would potentially have a lower viewership and series length than GoT. .

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

They don't have the budget to do a dragon war spin off. They don't have the budget to do any prolonged war well tbh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The don't have the budge to do the cgi right. They need to stay away from dragons and get back to what made the show good if they do spinoffs. Better dialogue character I ntrigue and political plots. Blackfyre rebellion or dunk and egg would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
    The don't have the budge to do the cgi right. They need to stay away from dragons and get back to what made the show good if they do spinoffs. Better dialogue character I ntrigue and political plots. Blackfyre rebellion or dunk and egg would be fine.
    If you look at any of the stuff that is outside of the book that's been done on the show it's pretty much dog shit. The writers have no idea what they are doing without GRRM and the books to turn to. All the best moments and conversations in the show were pretty much pulled word for word out of the books. As much as I'd like this to be good, last season of GOT made it more apparent to me than ever that the writers really have no grip on the source material. They can't even keep their show continuity straight.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you look at any of the stuff that is outside of the book that's been done on the show it's pretty much dog shit. The writers have no idea what they are doing without GRRM and the books to turn to. All the best moments and conversations in the show were pretty much pulled word for word out of the books. As much as I'd like this to be good, last season of GOT made it more apparent to me than ever that the writers really have no grip on the source material. They can't even keep their show continuity straight.

Seson 5 sucked, but I'm pretty sure season 6 is loved by most people. And while I agree that most of their worst scenes are the ones they made up without the books (fucking Dorne), some of their best dialogue is also made up without the books help. King Baratheon talking to Cersei, telling war stories with Bariston and Jamie. Dany making Tyrion hand of the queen.

Honestly, without the pressure of squeezing 6598765739848 fucking pages into a single season, it would give them more breathing room. Allow them to make the series closer to the source material without having to change/condense storylines, while only adding (instead of removing or changing) in extra scenes that help flesh out some of the characters.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I agree 100%. I'll do a reread if we ever get the next book and I'll watch the next season but it's not much better than a random nextflix marvel spinoff at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Seson 5 sucked, but I'm pretty sure season 6 is loved by most people. And while I agree that most of their worst scenes are the ones they made up without the books (fucking Dorne), some of their best dialogue is also made up without the books help. King Baratheon talking to Cersei, telling war stories with Bariston and Jamie. Dany making Tyrion hand of the queen.

Honestly, without the pressure of squeezing 6598765739848 fucking pages into a single season, it would give them more breathing room. Allow them to make the series closer to the source material without having to change/condense storylines, while only adding (instead of removing or changing) in extra scenes that help flesh out some of the characters.
    Yes, it's loved by most people and I'm not going to say I did not have fun watching the last two episodes but it is fan fiction at this point. It feels like the show took too much of what show watchers want to see and made it so. Season 6 had by far the most dumb moments than any other season I mean:
    - they had no idea what to do with Danny at this point so she did the fire trick second time which in makes 0 sense since she's not fire proof
    - all Tyrion did is tell dumb dick jokes whole season
    - Jamie going back to Cersei like a little bich
    - Arya becoming a ninja/terminator, this is even worse than Dorne, Faceless Men are not ninjas, she got stabbed in the fucking guts and cured by an actress, oh and she bakes a pie out of Freys without anyone noticing, did she rent the kitchen for 2 days to drain the blood, mix the doe, cook vegetables, bake it?
    - 9 year old with 30 soldiers giving a speech to old tough Northern Lords convincing them to abandon thousands of years of tradition in order to institute a bastard as the Stark successor instead of the true air Sansa who came to rescue everyone... cool
    - Tyrion giving shit to Theon for giving him shit in season one when it was the other way around, Theon was super nice to Tyrion and Tyrion made fun of him for being a Stark bitch, this is in the show they can't even get it straight
    - Dorne Dorne Dorne, all of the sudden we have bastards who murdered the current ruler in charge......

It's not a problem of packing all the material into the show. It's a problem of not understanding the world and the story.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

^
    I think most fan fiction could do a better job. They completely fucked over the book readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
    ^
    I think most fan fiction could do a better job. They completely fucked over the book readers.
    That's true, it's more of a average show viewer who never read the book fan fiction. Theories like Master Dornish plan from the book fans are way more interesting.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yes, it's loved by most people and I'm not going to say I did not have fun watching the last two episodes but it is fan fiction at this point. It feels like the show took too much of what show watchers want to see and made it so. Season 6 had by far the most dumb moments than any other season I mean:
    - they had no idea what to do with Danny at this point so she did the fire trick second time which in makes 0 sense since she's not fire proof
    - Arya becoming a ninja/terminator, this is even worse than Dorne, Faceless Men are not ninjas, she got stabbed in the fucking guts and cured by an actress, oh and she bakes a pie out of Freys without anyone noticing, did she rent the kitchen for 2 days to drain the blood, mix the doe, cook vegetables, bake it?
    - 9 year old with 30 soldiers giving a speech to old tough Northern Lords convincing them to abandon thousands of years of tradition in order to institute a bastard as the Stark successor instead of the true air Sansa who came to rescue everyone... cool
    - Tyrion giving shit to Theon for giving him shit in season one when it was the other way around, Theon was super nice to Tyrion and Tyrion made fun of him for being a Stark bitch, this is in the show they can't even get it straight
    - Dorne Dorne Dorne, all of the sudden we have bastards who murdered the current ruler in charge......

It's not a problem of packing all the material into the show. It's a problem of not understanding the world and the story.
    All valid points. But the thing I keep coming back to is was I entertained by it? Thoroughly.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Anything sounds terrible when you condense 10 hours of television into a few examples of shit (half of which weren't even true)
    - In the books it was one time magic. But she is fire proof in the show. The show is not the books, GRRM has accepted this for years, so have most of us.
    - Tyrion had plenty of scenes where he did shit. He was smart enough to get friendly with the dragons. He led the city and made deals with the slavers. He had a great scene when Dany made him hand. I'm sorry he's not murdering/raping Tyrion from the books, but that doesn't mean he did nothing but make dick jokes all season.
    - Jamie is finally on the right path. He went to the riverlands and did fine. He came back and was angry as fuck seeing Cersei on the throne.
    - I agree most of the faceless men stuff was handled very poorly. But 2 days making a pie? Dafuq? She literally just threw a finger in there while it was baking, its not that complicated lol.
    - Mormont being a badass is most likely just condensing storylines. Sansa wouldn't be in Winterfell at this time most likely (and in the books Jon was likely legitimized by Robb anyway), so they are just writing it in a way that gets us where we need to be a little bit quicker. Orrrrr y'know. The northern lords just really fucking love the Living Legend Jon snow, the dude who was lord commander at a super young age, made peace with the wildlings after thousands of years of war, killed a magic ice zombie, and came back from the fucking dead lol. Fuck tradition, that dude deserves to be king.
    -Yep. Tyrion is a dick sometimes lol, That's not a plot hole. It's just Tyrion being a dick. And Theon called him an imp, said the lannister fleet burning must have been a beautiful sight. They are both dicks to eachother (though I'll admit Tyrion started it lol)
    -You get this one. Dorne was dumb as hell. The only good thing about Dorne in season 6 is that it totaled about 6 minutes of total screen time over the whole season. It was the worst part of season 5 as well, at least they didn't focus on it this time.

Don't get me wrong. The show is far from perfect, it has plenty of issues. But you're just being nitpicky as fuck when most people loved the shit out of s6 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Anything sounds terrible when you condense 10 hours of television into a few examples of shit (half of which weren't even true)
    - In the books it was one time magic. But she is fire proof in the show. The show is not the books, GRRM has accepted this for years, so have most of us.
    - Tyrion had plenty of scenes where he did shit. He was smart enough to get friendly with the dragons. He led the city and made deals with the slavers. He had a great scene when Dany made him hand. I'm sorry he's not murdering/raping Tyrion from the books, but that doesn't mean he did nothing but make dick jokes all season.
    - Jamie is finally on the right path. He went to the riverlands and did fine. He came back and was angry as fuck seeing Cersei on the throne.
    - I agree most of the faceless men stuff was handled very poorly. But 2 days making a pie? Dafuq? She literally just threw a finger in there while it was baking, its not that complicated lol.
    - Mormont being a badass is most likely just condensing storylines. Sansa wouldn't be in Winterfell at this time most likely (and in the books Jon was likely legitimized by Robb anyway), so they are just writing it in a way that gets us where we need to be a little bit quicker. Orrrrr y'know. The northern lords just really fucking love the Living Legend Jon snow, the dude who was lord commander at a super young age, made peace with the wildlings after thousands of years of war, killed a magic ice zombie, and came back from the fucking dead lol. Fuck tradition, that dude deserves to be king.
    -Yep. Tyrion is a dick sometimes lol, That's not a plot hole. It's just Tyrion being a dick. And Theon called him an imp, said the lannister fleet burning must have been a beautiful sight. They are both dicks to eachother (though I'll admit Tyrion started it lol)
    -You get this one. Dorne was dumb as hell. The only good thing about Dorne in season 6 is that it totaled about 6 minutes of total screen time over the whole season. It was the worst part of season 5 as well, at least they didn't focus on it this time.

Don't get me wrong. The show is far from perfect, it has plenty of issues. But you're just being nitpicky as fuck when most people loved the shit out of s6 lol.
    I know people enjoyed s6, hell I enjoyed it for what it is. I watched that dragon scene from ep10 like 20 times. My issue is that the show was at it strongest when it came close to the books you can't argue that. Yes you can't get everything in there but they did pretty good job first 3 seasons. Also, I guess I'm still left with some bad taste in my mouth from True Blood later seasons when they basically gave fans what they wanted and it turned into complete shit.
    I understand your point of view and most people probably look at it the same way. To me that view is the big problem because it seems like the writers adopted the same attitude, things no longer need to make sense, world rules no longer apply. GRRM puts so much effort for things to make logical sense in TSOIAF. You are applying your view as a product of our society to dictate what you think is right for the show characters not the rules of the world they live in. When you say that Jon is a living legend and all that stuff and that's why he should be king. Well in their world you have what 9,000 years of feudalism in Westeros? They hate bastards, Jon coming back from the dead and killing white walker is just a story they hear, they also still hate wildlings. You know all this stuff because you're looking at the whole story but those characters are contained to their experiences and environment. This is what I'm nitpicking because to me it's an important aspect of the books and coherent story.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I totally see what you're saying, but I see it differently. You're right that some of their worst scenes are show only scenes (dorne sucks, FM training sucks, they ruined Loras). But some of the best scenes are also show only, (Dany and Tyrion talks in s5/6. King Bobby dialogue throughout s1, Hardhome, Battle of the bastards will most likely not go down the same way in the books but was an absolutely amazing hour of television).

Idk, I just think that for the most part, the translation from book to show has been very acceptable, and considering they know GRRMs endgame plan, I'm not overly worried about them just doing shit we want to see instead of following the path GRRM laid out for them.

And because I'm feeling argumentative tonight lol
    Spoiler: show
    The northern lords do hate the wildlings. But they also saw Bolton kill the rightful Stark heir, and the wildlings fight on the side of the remaining Starks. And even if they don't believe in mythical ice zombies despite all of Jon's witnesses, or him coming back from the dead, they do see that he is making peace with the wildlings, and is able to give orders to a literal giant.

Between all the witnesses of Jon's feats, and the fact that he has a mythical creature fighting on his side already, I think they have enough evidence to know this guy is a living legend and want to follow him.

Fair enough. I have a feeling though that GRRMs ending will piss off like 95% of the people watching the show lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

No way! You don't think show watchers will like it when Dany gives in to her targ madness and burns down the kingdom, only moments after telling Tyrion that the time traveling fetus theory is true?