Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fucking hell horse shit crap.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I guess they figure the X-Men Origins title will sell it, even if it's rated R.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Deadpool : The movie = those in the "know" will see it those that don't wont care
    Xmen Origins: Deadpool = Those in the "know" will see it. Those that seen a previous Xmen movie will go "well i liked the other movies ill check this one out too"
    Either way i just hope i get what i pay for. Some Violence,Explosions,Some hilarious antics and commentary from the deadman himself. IM not expecting much from a comic book film.

rofl tyven

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Before "X-Men" visual-effects guru Tim Miller landed in the director's chair for "Deadpool" last month, rumors were flying that Robert Rodriguez was in advanced negotiations to take on helming duties of the Marvel adaptation set to star Ryan Reynolds.

There's only one problem with this development narrative: it's not true. That's what Rodriguez told MTV News when we caught up with the filmmaker recently.

"I was working with Fox already on 'Predators' and I asked what other movies they had coming up," he explained. "It was 'Planet of the Apes' and other stuff. They said I might want to see 'Deadpool.' So I said, 'Sure, send it to me.' Almost just out of curiosity. And if I really, really wanted to do it, maybe I could figure out a way to do it. But that wasn't really going to happen. I just couldn't fit it in with other projects."

"People send you scripts all the time to read," he added. "They'll send the same script out to 20 different directors, but for some reason they write about it when I'm reading something. I'm like, 'Well, I was just reading it!' "

Rodriguez said his involvement with the project never progressed beyond reading the script and that he certainly did not enter into any sort of negotiation to direct the film.

"It's just a bizarre world these days with the Internet and websites needing to get traffic, they'll write a story about anything," he told us. "I didn't tell anyone I was reading it, but I guess it comes through the studio and someone finds out and it becomes a big deal. Then you almost feel pressure if I say I'm not doing it, I don't want anything bad reflected on the project."

"I just read it," he continued. "It's going to be a cool movie. I don't want people to think it's going to stink! Not at all. It's a great script and action-packed and it's a great character. But it's like, 'He turned it down! He dropped out!' Well, I was never in the project!"

It undoubtedly would have been interesting to see what Rodriguez would have done with script, as he's not only an avowed comics fan but is deeply familiar with Deadpool's various incarnations in the Marvel universe. But as the filmmaker explained, he' simply not very interested in directing material that's not his own ("Sin City," he lengthily explained, is an exception to that rule).

"It's harder to do stuff that preexists," he said. "The studios own it. It's work for hire. A lot of the stuff I do, I own. Even if they offered me 'Jonny Quest,' I still would have done 'Spy Kids.' I still read those scripts, but at the end of the day, I think I should just create my own."
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/05/17...eadpool-movie/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ryan Reynolds will make his debut as Hal Jordan next week in "Green Lantern," but for the Marvel-inclined masses, there's another upcoming Reynolds role that's foremost on their minds: mouthy mercenary Wade Wilson, a.k.a. Deadpool.

During the press junket for "Green Lantern," MTV News made sure to ask Reynolds about the status of Deadpool's solo film, which recently snagged visual-effects veteran Tim Miller as its director.

"I love Tim," Reynolds told MTV News. "Tim is someone who we all vetted through and through. He's a guy who captures the spirit of it, and he's also an incredible visual artist."

"He was also the first guy we met who came up with a huge presentation for it," he added. "That was something I hope to able to show you at some point."

Reynolds added one more comment about Miller's attachment to the project that could shed some light on the type of film "Deadpool" is likely to be. Basically, if you're hoping for a massive, budget-busting blockbuster, you might want to adjust your expectations.

"Also, Tim came cheap, which helped as well," said Reynolds. "In order to do this movie the way we want to do it is pretty nasty, and pretty hard. You can't exactly have a $200 million budget when you want to do a movie like this."
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/06/09...an-reynolds-2/

Ridill
    BG Level

Basically, if you're hoping for a massive, budget-busting blockbuster, you might want to adjust your expectations.

"Also, Tim came cheap, which helped as well," said Reynolds. "In order to do this movie the way we want to do it is pretty nasty, and pretty hard. You can't exactly have a $200 million budget when you want to do a movie like this."
    Best news for this movie thus far.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Yeah, bigger budget equals PG-13 in an attempt to recoup costs. This way they can be nasty as they like, like War Zone with more funnies.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xeydias Stahlzahn
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    so... Origins: Wolverine 2, Origins: Magneto, X-men: Deadpool, X-men: First Class
    I don't think they have enough movies planned out.
    Xmen first class sounds like it'll be some 1hour television series on fox about the drama of teenage mutants and all their troubles of their day to day lives as well as their supernatural powers. Possibly starring Screech.
    The Origins: Magneto movie was scrapped and the story was reworked into what became First Class, so at least for right now there's no plans I'm aware of for Magneto to be getting a backstory movie of his own anymore.

As far as something that needs to be in the movie, I'm sure this has to rank up there.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5...2577a93429.jpg

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

haha, awesome

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

What issue was that in? I've seen that so many times but now I want to read it in context.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bleeding Cool - Rob Liefeld May Or May Have Not Seen Eight Minutes Of An R-Rated X-Men Deadpool Movie
    They’ve got a great director on the movie, they’ve got a great script. I may or may have not seen some sort of test of footage that would blow your mind if you saw it and go holy crap and that’s Deadpool in costume. Katana swords, guns, shooting people’s faces off and making me laugh. And I may or may not have seen something that looks just like that. And you’ve got what would amount to the first R Rated X-Men movie. Because that script is R Rated.

They may or may not have wanted to shoot eight minutes to see how it would play. And all I can tell you, it’s close. It’s closer that it’s even been to going, or going Naaah, that’s too scary a proposition to make a R Rated Deadpool movie.”

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I WANT TO BELIEVE

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    I WANT TO BELIEVE
    ^this

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    I WANT TO BELIEVE
    i really want to believe

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Comic Con panel

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

That video is 50 minutes...Is there a certain point where they talk about the movie?

Also wish to believe, etc.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Deadpool discussion seems to start at around the 37 min mark. Some very funny comments about X-men:Wolverine #facepalm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast