+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    You do realize that Apocalypse takes place in the late 80s to mid 90s, right? Deadpool takes place in mid-2000s. As it stands the ONLY known X-Men in this timeline are Colossus and Warhead. Wolverine by sheer mention of his existence by Deadpool too. So yeah, motherfuckers could be dead at the end of Apocalypse.

So assume what you will.
    Read on from this post awhile back and calm the fuck down.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    So, just Xmen wise for this. It takes place in Modern day, where the Xmen are a known thing for Deadpool. So...they really don't care about the spoilerwise ending of Apocalypse eh?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

DoFP ended in current times. So we know Jean, Cyclops, Beast and a bunch of others survive AoA. That said, I still can't imagine they plan on leaving Deadpool movies connected with the Current cinematic X-men Universe. I just assume they are two different universes and Deadpool is just making references, because Deadpool.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    DoFP ended in current times. So we know Jean, Cyclops, Beast and a bunch of others survive AoA. That said, I still can't imagine they plan on leaving Deadpool movies connected with the Current cinematic X-men Universe. I just assume they are two different universes and Deadpool is just making references, because Deadpool.
    This is what I'm going with. It's Deadpool; they made it happen and no one gives a shit.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    I assume it's all one universe, partly because of the references to other X-Men (Beast and Wolverine for sure, also the "McAvoy or Stewert? line). Mostly though, because it's Hollywood and it's the X-Men. Of course the X-Men win. It may not happen right away, maybe there will be a sequel after X-Men Apocalypse but taking place before the current timeline, but does anyone really think the X-Men will lose?

Shared universes are big money right now. There is a huge opportunity to create a shared, mutant based marvel universe here. Deadpool was hugely successful, and the hype around Apocalypse is growing. With Cable coming in Deadpool 2 the door is open for X-force, and combining that universe (Deadpool, Cable, X-Force) with the existing X-Men universe (X-Men, X-2, First Class and DoFP) just makes sense.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It makes more sense to me to keep Deadpool as its own thing. The beauty of him though, is that he can show up in other movies and it doesn't actually mean shit. He's deadpool, the rules don't apply.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    Peter Dinklage as Puck. I can see that.

P.S. I know he was in DofP. Who cares.
    That'd make Trask a big black dude again?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

bunch of cis shits in here.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmen.../#5a0fea83a91c
    Spoiler: show
    >Here’s one reason to be a little disconcerted about its breakout success: Hollywood may take the worst possible lesson from it and ditch its efforts at demographic diversity because it arguably reinforces the most conventional of conventional wisdom.
    >And, when you boil down its primal elements, what is Deadpool exactly? It is bawdy and hyper-violent action comedy aimed at the Id of the stereotypical cis Caucasian male, be it literal or an older male indulging in a teenage mentality.
    >In just its first six days, Deadpool surpassed the total domestic grosses of the likes of Gone Girl,Django Unchained, Straight Outta Compton, the new Fantastic Four, and Bridesmaids. It will soon top the likes of Pitch Perfect 2, Twilight, and The Help. But what does it mean that it’s already topped the $170m worldwide total of Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc.’s Creed so quickly?
    >Those films are the kinds of films that we all say we want Hollywood to make more of beyond just direct pitches to the stereotypical teenage boy. And the success of those films is held up as proof that films for adults, films for and about women, films for and about minorities, can be every bit as successful as the conventional wisdom pitches.
    >But now along comes Deadpool, which not only is a massive blockbuster but also cost a mere $58 million. It’s a “reasonably budgeted” action comedy aimed specifically at young white males. And it’s going to make unholy amounts of money here and abroad. That’s great for the filmmakers and the studio marketing team. But it’s also a big an example of “confirmation bias” as you can imagine.
    >It exists as a giant honking “See, we were right all along!” example of how much money studios can make when they craft a film aimed at cis white males.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

wat

I seriously don't understand how people function believing shit like that

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I held it in, lost it at the end

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    bunch of cis shits in here.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmen.../#5a0fea83a91c
    Spoiler: show

Quick everyone go see the Race to prove we not racist

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Did that fuckwit include Twilight in his list of movies we need more of?!? Fucking Twilight?!?

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Did that fuckwit include Twilight in his list of movies we need more of?!? Fucking Twilight?!?
    That there discredits any of that fuckwit's opinions. I just..I fucking can't.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just got back, thought it was awesome. The t-rex broken hands part had me literally crying.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I also like the inclusion of Django Unchained as if it wasn't directed by the world's most spoiled white teenager who thinks racism and copious gore is the height of fun.

And confusing confirmation bias with literal confirmation.

And fuck Twilight, but the movies honestly weren't that bad. But Fantastic Four is on the list. What in the actual fuck?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    And fuck Twilight, but the movies honestly weren't that bad.

GET. THE. FUCK. OUT.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    GET. THE. FUCK. OUT.
    Seriously. Please get out.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

They were C- but they at least had half decent production and editing. Better than any of the FF movies, at least.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ashley greene is hot. Best thing I can say about twilight.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    GET. THE. FUCK. OUT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Seriously. Please get out.
    THIS IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I CANT FUCKING EVEN. JUST LEAVE.