Gina Carano - Christine / Angel Dust
    Daniel Cudmore - Peter Rasputin / Colossus

Trailers:

Notes:
    • Announcement:
      Spoiler: show
      Wolverine's Ryan Reynolds Dives In for Deadpool Spinoff - Yahoo! Movies
      Wolverine's Ryan Reynolds Dives In for Deadpool Spinoff

It's official: The mutants are taking over Hollywood. And we're not talking about the freaks running the studios.

Following the monster weekend for X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and a day after announcing that a Hugh Jackman-powered sequel is in the works, 20th Century Fox has confirmed to E! News that Jackman's costar Ryan Reynolds will be given his own spinoff and potential franchise-launcher as the Marvel Comics antihero Deadpool.

The 32-year-old Canadian actor, otherwise known as Mr. Scarlett Johansson, will again star as Wade Wilson, a wisecracking, cancer-stricken mercenary who's cured of the disease after undergoing the same Weapon X genetic alteration as Wolverine.

But along with superhuman powers, enhanced strength and self-regenerating healing powers, the slightly unhinged Deadpool can absorb the abilities of dead and captured mutants.

Aside from Deadpool and the Wolverine sequel, Fox is also working on an X-Men spinoff focusing on Ian McKellen's villainous Magneto and another dubbed X-Men: First Class, which is being written by The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz.
      But the sad thing is even in this write up they have it wrong. Deadpool has never had the ability to absorb other people's abilities. With how huge a fan of the comic Ryan Reynolds is, I would expect them to cut that out in the movie. At least I hope they will.

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I hope they dont focus on that bullshit about absorbing powers

other than that I have a chubby

Ridill
    BG Level

so... Origins: Wolverine 2, Origins: Magneto, X-men: Deadpool, X-men: First Class
    I don't think they have enough movies planned out.
    Xmen first class sounds like it'll be some 1hour television series on fox about the drama of teenage mutants and all their troubles of their day to day lives as well as their supernatural powers. Possibly starring Screech.

As long as he keeps his smartass attitude I'm happy. Get rid of the dumbass Baraka looking shit though.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

One X-Men Spinoff Down...One More to Go?
    Source: Awful Truth Fri May 08, 2009, 10:14 am EDT

Wolverine was a huge success, regardless of its mixed reviews, so like all things in T-town, you keep pimping out one idea until there's simply nothing left. Hugh Jackman's solo Origin's flick was already an offshoot itself, so now it's time for a spinoff of the spinoff, if you all are following.

Ryan Reynolds has already scored the next movie, and Fox has 87 million reasons to ride this X-Men franchise out.

So what's next? Another rip-, I mean spinoff, obviously. We're getting dizzy thinking about it. And the front-runner for the next flick is...

Taylor Kitsch as Gambit.

When we talked with producer Lauren Shuler Donner at the Wolverine premiere, she told us that they were currently in the middle of "internal discussions" about who would star in the next film, and that they would hopefully be deciding in the next month.

Looks like things went much faster than planned, thanks to Reynolds' hit performance.

At the time, when we pressed Lauren to see who she would like to get the solo shot, she told us "Deadpool," (Reynolds' character). Ladies do always know best about man-muffin situations like this, right? And it looks like Laur wasn't the only one pushing for Reynolds.

Since originality has faded about as fast as Lohan's career, we knew we wouldn't be jumping the gun when we asked Donner who the next next star would be.

"I think we would all love to see more of Gambit," Lauren said, rather knowingly.

This geek babble is over our head, but as long as there's a hot shirtless guy like Jackman nearby, we're in.

Gambit Movie will be next? If they dont keep the same actor, then who would make a good Gambit?

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    so... Origins: Wolverine 2, Origins: Magneto, X-men: Deadpool, X-men: First Class
    I don't think they have enough movies planned out.

Marvel is going to have a big year, buy stock, Don't forget Hulk 2, Iron man 2,The Avengers movie, Thor, Capt. America, ect.

Banned.

BG Level

A Deadpool movie seems like a silly concept. I don't think they will make it work.

I'd like see a "Wolverine and Deadpool" movie.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

they should make a cable and deadpool movie. base it off If Looks Could Kill story line.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

With how huge a fan of the comic Ryan Reynolds is, I would expect them to cut that out in the movie. At least I hope they will.
    In the wolverine thread, reynolds was quoted as saying he wouldn't touch the script unless it was 100% faithful to the character, so i'm assuming the absorbing powers thing was wrong.

(unless they just threw that much money at reynolds he's going to do it anyway).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Maybe fox should give up the rights and I'll sleep better at night.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Gambit Movie will be next? If they dont keep the same actor, then who would make a good Gambit?
    I hope they don't get rid of him tbh, he was as good as Gambit could be in origins considering how bad the script is/was.

notbiastiswear

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They could just have people from weapon-x pick up Deadpools messed up body in the rubble. His body rejects the metal blades and mutant powers that aren't the healing factor. The sudden change gives him cancer(cause really everything else causes cancer so why not this) and he becomes mentally unstable. Cue costume, Blind Al, Weasel.

I'm not sure who he would really fight against though. Ajax would be boring, Elektra ruined Typhoid Mary, X-Force wouldn't make sense without an even longer back story.

I'd almost like to see them adapt the story with Black Tom Cassidy, a good Juggernaut and introduce Siryn.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Milk it for what it's worth until people hate it.

I like this strategy.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    I hope they don't get rid of him tbh, he was as good as Gambit could be in origins considering how bad the script is/was.
    He wasn't suave or interesting at all. If they didn't want to make his accent overly thick, that's understandable -- even though it goes against the character -- but it basically was non-existent. His body language wasn't evocative of anything, his role in the movie was crap...

I'd expect this actor to suddenly have different mannerisms (or any at all) and a more authentic Cajun accent if he's to reprise the role. Otherwise, color me uninterested, just as I was completely bored by his useless presence in Origins.

Banned.

BG Level

I can't understand why people who don't read comics care about deadpool. His most interesting perk is that he comments on the current Marvel ongoings as if he was outside it(ie trashes One More Day while fighting with Spidy.) It must be a /b/ thing.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

So he's banging Scarlett Johansson and he gets his dream movie made. Ryan Reynolds gave Satan a rimmer.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If Deadpool doesn't Break the Fourth Wall in this movie, it'll suck. The real Deadpool fans know what I'm talking about. Bitches also better take that absorbing shit out of the movie as well.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

I saw Wolverine finally tonight, and the shit at the end with Deadpool was the dumbest shit I've seen since Legend of Chun Li.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    They could just have people from weapon-x pick up Deadpools messed up body in the rubble. His body rejects the metal blades and mutant powers that aren't the healing factor. The sudden change gives him cancer(cause really everything else causes cancer so why not this) and he becomes mentally unstable. Cue costume, Blind Al, Weasel.

I'm not sure who he would really fight against though. Ajax would be boring, Elektra ruined Typhoid Mary, X-Force wouldn't make sense without an even longer back story.

I'd almost like to see them adapt the story with Black Tom Cassidy, a good Juggernaut and introduce Siryn.
    You could take The guy who has the same powers as deadpool as the villain i suppose.(The lasst thing i read on him was that he got implanted with "American" Dna by hydra so now he's fat as hell) Hollywood loves it when the villain is a clone of the hero. At the least it gives the ability to make a ridiculously sick fight scene where they chop the shit out of each other and keep on fighting while constantly regenerating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast