+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Pulling the Plug - RDM/BLU solo

A long time ago I saw a video of a Taru RDM doing this, and ever since then I've been trying to replicate his success in doing the ENM. Unfortunately, after about 5 tries or so I've never been able to, and even if I wanted to take a look at exactly what the Taru RDM did to kill the thing I can't find the video for it anymore.

Off memory, the strategy involved the Taru stocking up on defense, defense, defense. He ate Defense Food, equipped defense-oriented gear, put Protect III, Phalanx and Cocoon up at all times and put up Stoneskin whenever the opportunity. He then proceeds to Bio II the main Red Memory Receptacle, then he just sits there taking all Empty Seeds until about the 20~25 minute mark when Bio II has eaten away about 40% of the Red MR's HP. He then melee kills/Bludgeon the Light Blue MR, hits Chainspell and insta-Sleep II's the Contemplator, use WS on Red MR from the TP he got from getting hit by so many Empty Seeds, then spams the heck out of Bludgeon and bam, it was dead. The strategy is much more easy to execute with Composure for RDMs too now, and the above strategy involved using almost no meds whatsoever, which is attractive for a broke person like me.

I've managed to replicate the above strategy up to the point where I hit Chainspell and Sleep II the Contemplator, but while the Empty Seeds weren't doing so much to me at first by that point it was spamming Empty Seeds, tore through my Stoneskin and swinging me all over the place so I couldn't do a thing, never mind attacking. Which was strange, because I was doing just fine for the first 15~20 minutes or so and I was having no problems at all keeping myself alive and keeping my MP pool relatively healthy. Any idea why it was doing this?

Aside from the fact that I should maybe get more 50-cap gear because I was Syncing my armor and getting more meds, do you guys have any tips you can offer me?

Ruzaki

I think the idea is to use gear swapping blinks to stop empty seed from throwing you back.