FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Anyone use(d) this Steelseries Headset?

Information - SteelSeries

Currently I'm using the non-behind the neck version: Information - SteelSeries

I absolutely love them, best headset I've ever bought. My sister is no bugging me for a pair and I am debating getting the same ones or getting the behind the head ones.

I've never used anything behind the head before, do they hurt your ears after a while? Do they make you hot? They will be one sometimes for 3-5 or more hours at a time, mostly for ventrilo chat but sometimes for FPS games.

Just looking for some opinions if anyone has used these, before I drop the 100$ on them. Thanks in advance. As mentioned, it's for gaming... mostly my sound comes through my speakers I don't always play full sound through headset because I have a nice speaker setup and I don't want the ventrilo cluttered.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I have the same headset as you currently use. They don't make my head hot, but they do start to ache on my ears, because of the fact that the inside part where the speaker lies isn't padded.

I'd definately recommend the Steelseries brand of headphones from my experience with their Siberia product, the sound quality is good, the frequency spectrum of sounds you get out of them is respectable, they're big, bulky and feel sturdy enough, and they have a good warranty with them (useful for when they're not quite sturdy enough)

Interesting that these headphones support the Xbox360, I wonder if you can buy an adapter for the current series, as they'd beat the flimsy default headset they give you.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

It's only going to be used for pc gaming, just wondering how comfortable the behind the neck is and such.

Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

BG Level

I have a pair of another brand that goes behind the head, they're not cheap but not expensive either, and if I had the choice to pick something else, I would. They're a big no-no. I'd much rather have a pair that goes on top of the head than behind because they get so heavy after some time and they hurt my ears ALOT.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Thanks, just going to grab another pair of the siberia's I already own, just in a different color.

Resident furfag
    BG Level

No idea why you'd want behind the head type unless you are trying to pull off a look.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Never used it, didn't know if it was more/less comfortable. Apparently it's not.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Bought a pair of Razer Carcharias today, and have been wearing them for hours, amazingly comfortable. From what I have read Razer and Steelseries seem to be the only people who make exceptionally comfortable headsets. Bought this pair after seeing them in PC Gamer and reading reviews online, plus bestbuy had them for same price as newegg.

15$ 2 year warranty, from best buy.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...r%20carcharias

Resident furfag
    BG Level

You know Best Buy doesn't honor those warranties they sell, right?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by mootsfox View Post
    You know Best Buy doesn't honor those warranties they sell, right?
    Those would be under a replacement warranty so I don't see why not.

If for some reason a store doesn't want to honor the Gizmos and Gadgets warranty, call 1-888-BEST-BUY. But the warranty doesn't cover damage or abuse. Just defects due to normal wear and tear. Still, it's not bad.

PS: This is what I use and they're extremely comfortable.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218004380179