BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 328 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Esvedium View Post
    So it's just taking the "<action type=" out of all of my equip statements?
    If so, that's even easier. Load up SC1, CTRL+H, <action type="equip", <equip

:D
    youll also need to replace the </action> with </equip> for those specific lines if they wernt self closed. its best you manually replace those.

drex with RC7 both will work. apparently SE ninja'd it in allowing both to work some patch and noone noticed. Sure as hell use to not work with both. (short and full)

I added long name support to RC7 too.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

lolse

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

What I need to figure out is how to create something for Minstrel's Ring that makes using it as easy Aikar's WHM and BLM files do for those respective JSE rings. The problem is that I have to:

- lower my HP
    - equip the ring and gear to raise my HP (still need BQ to make it enough with my HP down set)
    - start casting

Idling in my HP down set would mean not idling in Cheviot Cape and Goliard pants. Having to put in a /wait would run counter to the purpose of the whole exercise (casting faster).

I'm running into the same issue with Quick Draw, actually. Since I have MP merits, if I want the uggy latent active for /NIN, /RNG, or /WAR, I have to:

- lower my MP (and boy, does this suck to do on COR)
    - equip QD gear
    - bang bang

Right now, I'm doing this in a macro (not Spellcast at all, for shame!):

/console exec cor/mp_down.txt
    /wait 1
    /console exec cor/dd_qd.txt
    /ja "Fire Shot" <t>
    /wait 1
    /console exec cor/dd_normal.txt

I could do something similar for the ring, but again, /wait yuck (and it's not so awesome for a formerly instant JA while you're in the middle of meleeing for TP or doing whatever else either).

I suspect I may be up against a limitation of the game, here, but I don't know.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just put on a physical earring at the beginning of battle (and take off Blood Fng Gauntlets) to get my MP down before QD.

Of course this doesn't work as well when I have Evoker's up, but usually I can get QD off before it makes my MP>50% again.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Cadsuane View Post
    I have working .XMLs, though I've always found Spellcast to be almost more finnicky than it's worth. Like how it sucks ass at changing to idle and engaged sets, and handling my HB macros. I just assume I still have to do that manually most of the time. Someone should write a GUI app that stupid proofs .XML writing.
    I initially had problems with idle/engaged transitions, but it was really just a matter of me making sure I had things in the right spot. I have a Fast Pants/Homam swap for such situations, and after goofing around with it a while, I finally got it to work perfectly. Trust me, it is possible.

For everyone else talking about not knowing XML, trust me it is easy to learn. The tree analogy Akiar gave is a very good way to think of it. I promise, more than anything it just takes time. I took an afternoon, looked at a lot of example code, made my own and debugged it. It is so very, VERY well worth the time.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, I downloaded Notepad++, time to get balls deep in this stuff.

The includes support is really nice. That will make it easier to make new xml files on the fly.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Epical View Post
    Well, I downloaded Notepad++, time to get balls deep in this stuff.
    Notepad++ is pure win for helping with stuff like this. Being able to isolate your tag groups, have colored highlighting, etc is a God-send.

Wincest Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Fixed: Fixed most/all hardlock crash issues involving spam/2 events at same time
    THANK YOU!!!

Also, will this version be able to detect buffs immediately on it's own or we will still have to use AUTOEXEC for that kinda performance?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

@epical: you dont need an xml editor like microsoft XML notepad, if that's what you're thinking of. just regular old notepad or any text editor will do it just fine. just save your file as .xml and you're gold.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I just updated to 2.3 >.>; and now my windower crashes on every spell i cast, it also fills up my console with gibberish like uncompleted lines of code. I had to downgrade back to 2.2x.x

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

some real information to that would be helpful >_> ie what exact error line, a debug log, did you RTFCL and update your XML some, is your XML error free, are you using RC8?

It shouldnt crash anymore on invalid XML if your using latest, so if shits crashing, give me info.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Aikar View Post
    some real information to that would be helpful >_> ie what exact error line, a debug log, did you RTFCL and update your XML some, is your XML error free, are you using RC8?

It shouldnt crash anymore on invalid XML if your using latest, so if shits crashing, give me info.
    One sec, I reinstalled 2.2 already, so im not getting the error, and i was using your BLM spellcast. If i tried to cast say Burst II POL would error out etc.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

can spellcast detect what day it is and use conditional statements?

like if its nighttime, use koga tekko as opposed to so and so
    or if its thundersday, put on obi. etc

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Nattack View Post

Yes

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

its not a auto change though, you need to do some action for it to look at your code.

it wont say change gear at 20:00 unless you do something for it to look(so im told)

i never run into this because i only use it for whm and blm. and hell we spam spells so its looking none stop !_!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
    Wow. You make me wish I still played!
    If I ever came back to FFXI I'd be amazed at how much of a diff this would make. Would feel like a whole new game

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    @epical: you dont need an xml editor like microsoft XML notepad, if that's what you're thinking of. just regular old notepad or any text editor will do it just fine. just save your file as .xml and you're gold.
    Do I need something special to do this? .txt seems to be the only format in which I can save Notepad documents. I'm a noob, I know.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Digging deeper into this question, will SC2.3 do this automatically, or do we still need to muck around with the deprecated and really not fun Autoexec?

Unless SC can automatically do it now and I've missed it. My understanding is SC won't do any logic unless it has a reason to (casting or resting, etc)

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    I know, I just downloaded it so I can break down my XML sheets a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle View Post
    Do I need something special to do this? .txt seems to be the only format in which I can save Notepad documents. I'm a noob, I know.
    File -> Save As -> filename.xml