<equip when="engaged|aftercast" set="BST TP w/ Pet" />
    </else>
    </if>
    </rules>

and type in game/make 2 macros like this:
    //sc var set pet 0
    //sc var set pet 1
    to use them for when u have or not a pet

there's no way to make a rule work depending on what your pet does?like on pup,when the maton starts casting a spell,equip pet:macc and mab gear?

if spellcast could see pethp, could just use that as your variable (if 0 = no pet, if > 0 = pet)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So dont play my blm very often, got on today after updating my dats a week ago (you might remember with my sch macros) anyways I get this error message:

Error in expression: syntax error at position 0 near (!(bool)(regex("sunshin","^.*x2$") and "none" = "water" and "0" = "1") or !("none" = "water")) and ("water" = water and "1" = "1") and ("elementalmagic" = "elementalmagic") [cuts off here]

Not really sure what to do, I tried reading above and added the (bool) in but as you can see that didnt work. Also it doesn't swap in my AF pants (figured this was part of the issue) or obis.

Edit: might want to see the xml

http://pastebin.com/sapzxY2s

On another sidenote, forums just freaked out and are about 3x the lenght of my screen, any fast way to fix it?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Close! (bool) needs to be inside the ( next to regex.

In 2.3 the value of regex is an unknown type. You want to set to be a boolean (true or false, 1 or 0, etc) so it can be compared to other equivalency statements, like "%WeatherElement" = "%SpellElement".

Right now it's saying (the next thing is a Bool, trust me)(something??? AND Bool AND Bool) - AND doesn't know how to compare something??? and a bool.

You want it to say ((the next thing is a Bool, trust me)something???ok, a Bool AND Bool AND Bool)

Edit: line 312

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

God youre amazing! lol

Also before I fixed that resting caused a crash, now that its fixed will it still crash xi? im afraid to test since im in dyna lol

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Maybe, will look at resting stuff in detail after echoes run is done and edit it here. That regex thing didn't crash me (far as I remember) so might be something else.

Edit: Worked for me, didn't see anything, loaded it, rested, gear swapped on properly.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Nope im fine, gave in to not conserving and actually resting after mb, its great. tyso much!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Speaking of regex issues, anyone have any idea of how to fix this:

<if Advanced='(bool)regex("%SpellTargetRaw", "^\W*me\W*$")'>
    </if>

The intention is that it'll trigger when your spell target is "me" surrounded by zero or more non-word characters. e.g. >me. or <me> or ,me

For some reason, it triggers when your spell target is "me" surrounded by zero or more word characters (e.g. me, blahmeblah, xme), and acts exactly as it would if the pattern were using \w instead of \W.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Oh I have another question for my blm macro I normally just have /ma "cureX" <st> and it doesn't work with sc and always ends up curing me. I know I can just change it to t, but I like the order of hitting the macro and then selecting the person for cure. Is there an easy way to fix this?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Get rid of this: (Edit: 162-165)

Code:
            <!-- utility: if targetting a monster, but casting a spell that can not be cast on monsters, then cast on self (buffs). -->
            <if SpellTargetType="MONSTER" NotValidTarget="*Enemy*" ValidTarget="*Self*">
                <changetarget target="&lt;me&gt;" />
            </if>
    and you won't have problems with <st>. You won't be able to target a cure on a monster and have it hit yourself either, but as nifty as this is, I attempt to cure-nuke undead more than I accidentally cure mobs, and removed it long ago.

Further Edit: No idea, Khamsin, maybe try windower irc or forums.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

http://pastebin.com/UMRubVcf

Everything is working as intended except -hp for precast.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Novax View Post
    http://pastebin.com/UMRubVcf

Everything is working as intended except -hp for precast.
    Looks fine? Check the HP Values are correct, <head>Wivre Gorget</head> should be <neck> or hairpin, one of the two. Make sure not nuking a resist target as specified above the ring code.

Is it not equipping enough -hp (wivre confusion probably the problem) or not swapping in precast at all?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

thanks, i actually had "Zenith Slops" too which needed to be slacks, it's all working now :D

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I hope this hasn't been addressed before, but I have an issue.

As of now, when my blm swaps from it's idle to nuking gear, I lose 155mp. That's almost a free nuke right there! What I want to do is make a rule so that if I cast elemental magic and my mp is over my current normal nuking gear max mp, it'll keep some of my mp+ gear on, and once I am below that threshold, it'll unlock the pieces and resume using my normal gear. Can any one help me please! If it helps, this is my current idle/nuking gear set:

Idle set
    <main>Terra's staff</main>
    <waist>Hierarch Belt</waist>
    <body>Black Cloak</body>
    <hands>Sorcerer's gloves</hands>
    <neck>Beak Necklace +1</neck>
    <rear>Moldavite Earring</rear>
    <lear>Antivenom Earring</lear>
    <lring>Ether Ring</lring>
    <rring>Astral Ring</rring>
    <legs>Goliard Trews</legs>
    <feet>Goliard Clogs</feet>
    <back>Cheviot cape</back>

Nuking set
    <head>Teal Chapeau</head>
    <body>Teal Saio</body>
    <hands>Goliard Cuffs</hands>
    <lring>Diamond Ring</lring>
    <neck>Elemental Torque</neck>
    <rear>Moldavite Earring</rear>
    <lear>Morion Earring</lear>
    <rring>Diamond Ring</rring>
    <waist>Penitent's Rope</waist>
    <legs>teal slops</legs>
    <feet>Goliard Clogs</feet>
    <sub>Bugard Strap +1</sub>
    <back>Rainbow cape</back>

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Code:
    <if skill="Elemental*">
    	<if mpgt="1000">
    		<equip when="precast|midcast|aftercast|autoset">
    			<feet lock="true" />
    		</equip>
    		<if mpgt="1100">
    			<equip when="precast|midcast|aftercast|autoset">
    				<hands lock="true" />
    			</equip>
    			<if mpgt....
    				etc
    			</if>
    		</if>
    	</if>
    </if>
    Highest MP Value on the innermost if, unlock slots as they become more useful compared to the MP saved. (Prob Goliard Trews > Hierarch > Ether > Astral, but didn't look too hard)

I also feel I should suggest you idle in Jelly/Patronus/Abyssea-Kon Dark Ring/etc instead of -hp+mp rings, Orochi Nodowa over pure MP neck and the like, but that ends up being dependent on your playstyle.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

can anyone post a good working rdm.xml? Didn't really like the ones i've seen so far.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm gonna get unlazy and get that jelly ring one day, and didn't know if I should bother with the P ring cause of the free mp I keep with the mp ring more then makes up for the defense of a p ring either in a free stoneskin, blink, etc. What is the aby-kon ring? I didn't see anything on wiki about a ring like that in aby-kon unless I'm blind...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

http://pastebin.com/dgys7T7m

ran through and fixed typos and incorrect tags i saw. Not working still help plz..again

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I'm gonna get unlazy and get that jelly ring one day, and didn't know if I should bother with the P ring cause of the free mp I keep with the mp ring more then makes up for the defense of a p ring either in a free stoneskin, blink, etc. What is the aby-kon ring? I didn't see anything on wiki about a ring like that in aby-kon unless I'm blind...
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ring Comes from Gold chests with an augment, anything with 3+PDT will beat any alternative (aside from dring and jelly that you'd already have), but if you manage to find a 6pdt/6mdt one, damn you D: Has -hp +mp as well.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Novax View Post
    http://pastebin.com/dgys7T7m

ran through and fixed typos and incorrect tags i saw. Not working still help plz..again
    Line 66, <Hands>Devotee's Mitts</hands> change to <hands>Devotee's Mitts</hands>

Recommend you remove 148 to 157. Nifty, but if you're that low MP you'll know it and cast a different spell yourself, plus /sch and arts changes MP costs.

Remove 177-180, Blink will overwrite itself, no need to cancel.