Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 328 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle View Post
    Do I need something special to do this? .txt seems to be the only format in which I can save Notepad documents. I'm a noob, I know.
    .Xml isn't on the dropdown. when you get ready to save, go to file/save as/ and type in manually myrdmspellcastblah.xlm.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kriz View Post
    Digging deeper into this question, will SC2.3 do this automatically, or do we still need to muck around with the deprecated and really not fun Autoexec?

Unless SC can automatically do it now and I've missed it. My understanding is SC won't do any logic unless it has a reason to (casting or resting, etc)
    I don't think it can do what autoexec can, although I think I heard that autoexec functions would be coming in a future spellcast on the Windower forums.

I would link the post if I could find it.. but I cant seem to find it. Sorry if I'm wrong though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle View Post
    Do I need something special to do this? .txt seems to be the only format in which I can save Notepad documents. I'm a noob, I know.
    In the Save As... dialog pick "All Files (*.*)" in the dropdown menu then you can save as myfile.xml.

Awesome spellcast

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akairyu Gestalter
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros

I've been messing around with my SCH's spellcast, trying to get it to do a similar conditional check for Sandstorm being up to use Desert Boots as my Idle feet. Since i have my pageup key set to bring me back to my idle gear, what i did is added a "input /ma quake2" to the end of the binding, and set up a part of my spellcast to check for Sandstorm being up and mess with my IdleSet variable accordingly. Just make sure to put in an <action = "CancelSpell"><action = "return"> in there so none of your other rules fire and it doesn't actually try to cast the spell. Doesn't have to be Quake II, any spell you're not able to cast should work fine.

And yeah, autoexec is ugly, I just use it to "cast" Meteor like above to have spellcast run the appropriate keybind scripts for whichever job I'm on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    I initially had problems with idle/engaged transitions, but it was really just a matter of me making sure I had things in the right spot. I have a Fast Pants/Homam swap for such situations, and after goofing around with it a while, I finally got it to work perfectly. Trust me, it is possible.

For everyone else talking about not knowing XML, trust me it is easy to learn. The tree analogy Akiar gave is a very good way to think of it. I promise, more than anything it just takes time. I took an afternoon, looked at a lot of example code, made my own and debugged it. It is so very, VERY well worth the time.
    I know it works, it just misfires on a handfull of occasions. For example if you die in an engaged set, and get raised, the autoset won't trigger until you change states between either resting or engaged. For HBs, I need an aftercast set to be on to have wyrm and wyvern HP gear on, and after that it won't switch to idle again. I haven't figured out a workaround yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does Spellcast automatically add delays when necessary, for example, when equipping a main and sub weapon, or two rings with the same name? And will the full equip swap take place prior to the action? I always get paranoid about how much time it needs to register equipment swaps prior to doing something, in my scripts.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I was planning on making the shift from standard windower macros to spellcast when I finished scholar (because I wanted to have the benefit of the precast for all the fastcast stuff :333 and all the conditional checks because everything scholar has makes it kind of clunky with all the jumping around macros) and this is just in time x)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

EDIT: Nvm.

Rikus

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnell View Post
    well I came
    same

epic update ty

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

it isnt handling the pauses anymore atm due to not finding best implementation that isnt possibly slowing down the cast of spells it shouldnt be, but in a future ver, maybe 2.31, that wont be required anyways, as i plan a major change to equipment changing.

Your pants will be filled with jizz by the awesomeness that it will be doing. srsly.

and yes basic events will be coming to spellcast in 3.0 - which is still quite a bits away... i want to 'finish' the 2.x series feature wise before moving onto 3.0 which involves rewriting large amounts of code.

RC9 just posted that fixes the bug described on forums in RC8 about menus and shit... left over string termination from when spellcast is in normal mode ><

also fixes some japanese character bug.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Man this is actually really, really nice. Just got home from work and tried it on my wife's char. since she is online atm.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    Does Spellcast automatically add delays when necessary, for example, when equipping a main and sub weapon, or two rings with the same name? And will the full equip swap take place prior to the action? I always get paranoid about how much time it needs to register equipment swaps prior to doing something, in my scripts.
    As far as I know about Spellcast works, all you need to do is specify the gear as prespell swap, and it basically intercepts the command to FFXI before it actually gets sent, looks through your XML for any conditions that are met, changes your gear according to conditions, then performs the command you typed in after it's all done. This all happens in less than a second, and you really don't notice any delay at all in execution. I can also verify on the basis of dancer JA's (such as the AF head swap that increases samba duration) that because the way it intercepts the command, it will always swap in time.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I looked through the update notes but didn't see anything about this (or missed it if it was there): last time I tried spellcast it totally screwed up my <st> macros (ignores subtarget or scrolls right through it), so for example if I had a fishing macro like
    /ra <stnpc>
    /p Fishing <lastst>

it would scroll past the /ra part and go straight to the party chat line. I would have to unload spellcast to use the macro properly.

Is it still this way? All my macros are subtarget, and I don't think I want to learn to play another way this late in the game...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

that was fixed a long time ago.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    its not a auto change though, you need to do some action for it to look at your code.

it wont say change gear at 20:00 unless you do something for it to look(so im told)

i never run into this because i only use it for whm and blm. and hell we spam spells so its looking none stop !_!
    putting it in gear swap macros is fine, i have no problem if i miss 30 seconds of koga tekko time

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Aikar you are the man.

Spellcast is just win.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Will you have my babies?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This version broke my old xmls

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Aikar when you say it isn't handling pauses anymore does that mean I have to do away with the following code?

Spoiler: show

<if CommandPrefix="/magic">
    <action type="DefaultTarget" target="&lt;me&gt;" />
    <action type="CastDelay" delay=".2" />
    <action type="equip" when="precast|midcast" set="Pre-Heal" />
    <action type="equip" when="aftercast">
    <head>Wyrm Armet</head>
    </action>
    <action type="command" when="aftercast">wait 4; sc set Attack</action>
    </if>

I hope not

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir View Post
    Aikar when you say it isn't handling pauses anymore does that mean I have to do away with the following code?

Spoiler: show

<if CommandPrefix="/magic">
    <action type="DefaultTarget" target="&lt;me&gt;" />
    <action type="CastDelay" delay=".2" />
    <action type="equip" when="precast|midcast" set="Pre-Heal" />
    <action type="equip" when="aftercast">
    <head>Wyrm Armet</head>
    </action>
    <action type="command" when="aftercast">wait 4; sc set Attack</action>
    </if>

I hope not
    Couldn't you just define the aftercastdelay?
    <action type="aftercastdelay" delay="4" />

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 328 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast