BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir View Post
    Aikar when you say it isn't handling pauses anymore does that mean I have to do away with the following code?

Spoiler: show

<if CommandPrefix="/magic">
    <action type="DefaultTarget" target="&lt;me&gt;" />
    <action type="CastDelay" delay=".2" />
    <action type="equip" when="precast|midcast" set="Pre-Heal" />
    <action type="equip" when="aftercast">
    <head>Wyrm Armet</head>
    </action>
    <action type="command" when="aftercast">wait 4; sc set Attack</action>
    </if>

I hope not
    Your actions should be defined more like so, no need for an actual /wait command:

Code:
    <action type="castdelay" delay=".4" />
    <action type="midcastdelay" delay="2.5" />
    <action type="aftercastdelay" delay="5" />
    <action type="equip" when="Precast" set="Healing Breath Pre" />
    <action type="equip" when="Midcast" set="Healing Breath Mid" />
    Precast equips all wyvern hp gear, hp+ gear to raise trigger hp and Drachen Armet, midcast swaps in Wyrm Armet. The cast delay ensures that all wyvern hp gear activates properly. This works by setting the midcastdelay to a value beyond the cast time of the standard array of triggers, and the aftercastdelay to just beyond the time it takes Healing Breath to trigger. The timings work for me 99% of the time, including Campaign.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I can try that again. Last time I tried that though it failed for some reason so I did the work around above.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

What's the easiest way to handle koga tekko in spellcast? I don't want to necessarily have them automatically swapped in at night during combat, just to replace dusk in DD/haste gear sets at night.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I would define a variable $hasteHands and have it default to Dusk Gloves (or whatever you use), then put it in your haste set and make your rule change $hasteHands to Koga Tekko per the nighttime rules.

This way your rule will trigger the variable change immediately, but you won't be wearing the Koga until a rule actually swaps in your Haste set.

EDIT:
    Code:
    <sets>
        <group name="Haste">
            <hands>$hasteHands</hands>
        </group>
    </sets>

<variables>
        <var name="hasteHands">Dusk Gloves</var>
    </variables>

<rules>
        <if mode="OR" TimeLT="6.00" TimeGT="17.59">
    	<action type=“Var” cmd=“set hasteHands Koga Tekko” /> 
        </if>
        <else>
    	<action type=“Var” cmd=“set hasteHands Dusk Gloves” /> 
        </else>
    </rules>

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    I just put on a physical earring at the beginning of battle (and take off Blood Fng Gauntlets) to get my MP down before QD.

Of course this doesn't work as well when I have Evoker's up, but usually I can get QD off before it makes my MP>50% again.
    Yeah well, that's the problem...it only works about 4/5 of the time (assuming I'm doing 3 rolls, which is usual), and it's one more thing to deal with. Take Einherjar; I'm following the /as for my alliance, keeping my rolls up, doing damage, inviting BRDs (we rotate 2 BRDs through 2 melee parties), and oh, 2boxing a RDM (really just a feather mule, but I still use it to haste/-na myself and cure people). That's why a setup like Aikar's BLM spellcast is so awesome; you don't have to think about conditions for obis, Uggy, sorc ring, etc. You just go and do, leaving you free to focus on other stuff.

I guess what I really need is to be able to say "Precast: put on this gear if my HP (or MP) isn't low enough, possibly wait half a second for the change to register (but don't wait if my HP or MP was already low enough), then put on this other gear, then allow the cast to start." If that isn't possible...it would be awesome if it could become possible.

I know most people's "method" of dealing with Minstrel's Ring is "just get hit a few times lol", but well...that's a bit lacking, for me.

(As for my COR's MP, I have 110 MP in my QD gear (80+mirke+uggy)...but unfortunately, only visible slots or merits "count" for Uggy, so really that's 90 MP. I either need 2 physical earrings or a cassie to lower my MP enough. Right now I have one physical earring, and I'm using CFGs instead of Skadi hands. Maintaining < 51% MP on COR/notmage is rather...fragile, given the tiny MP pool, which is why I want something to take it down every time.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Badkarma View Post
    I just updated to 2.3 >.>; and now my windower crashes on every spell i cast, it also fills up my console with gibberish like uncompleted lines of code. I had to downgrade back to 2.2x.x
    Just like Badkarma, my SC crashes whenever I switch jobs. Oddly enough, it won't crash when I'm on DRK. Thing is that, of all my XML files, DRK.xml has the fewest rules while PLD, BRD, RDM etc have about 15+.

Edit: Also, I'm at work now but when the crash happened, I checked the debug file and it had nothing but "Unloading...". So, no error msg on the debug. I'll try to get the exact wording on the console when the crash happens for you, Aikar.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bakthi View Post
    I know most people's "method" of dealing with Minstrel's Ring is "just get hit a few times lol", but well...that's a bit lacking, for me.
    My method is to have my max HP in idle gear between 75 and 76% of my max HP in minstrel's ring set, so I never have to worry about lowering my HP. Could you do something similar?

Failing that, I imagine you could do something like

<if mpgt="too much">
    <equip set="lower MP" />
    <action type="command">wait 1; sc s QD</action>
    <action type="castdelay" delay="1.5" />
    </if>

The new GearDelay feature might be useful if there's any way to specify an action to occur before the GearDelay; as it is I'm not sure what it's good for.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This might be a stupid question but will this also support Bard songs in the fashion of:

//minuet4 jim
    or
    //victorymarch jim
    ?

I was going to assume yes, but I didn't know if was just for white/black magic it applied to songs too.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yes songs work and you dont even need to put your name in, or anyones ( unless pianod ).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aikar View Post
    that was fixed a long time ago.
    Derp, sorry. Haven't tried it since that time XD

Wincest Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

been afraid to take this in salvage but now that the lock up thing was fixed, i havent crashed it yet.

awesome job aikar

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

hmmm loaded it up and it updated all the resources and everything successfully but the command rewrites doesnt work like //retrace me and what not D: is there anything extra i need to do for this to work?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

theres a bug in RC9 with lite mode and // aliases, /ma retrace me would work.

itll be fixed in next

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Aikar View Post
    theres a bug in RC9 with lite mode and // aliases, /ma retrace me would work.

itll be fixed in next
    You should have let me test this before you released it

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Would it be possible to write a spellcast xml thats always active (regardless of job loaded) that on /ra checks for a valuable item (Smart Grenade, Tsar Egg, PPA etc.) being in the ammo slot and aborts it?

If not, can you make that a feature for the next version?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm pretty sure he made a plugin for that like the week before they took the /ra stats off of 99% of those items.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousX View Post
    Would it be possible to write a spellcast xml thats always active (regardless of job loaded) that on /ra checks for a valuable item (Smart Grenade, Tsar Egg, PPA etc.) being in the ammo slot and aborts it?

If not, can you make that a feature for the next version?
    I believe you can do this with spellcast already for the few remaining valuable thrown items.

Code:
    <if mode="AND" CommandPrefix="/range" EquipAmmo="Tsar Egg|Smart Grenade|etc.">
              <action type="Cancelspell"/>
              <action type="AddtToChat">Ranged Attack Cancelled.</action>
    </if>
    Correct me if that's wrong, please. I'm not the best XML'er (I always seem to produce XML code that doesn't work, regardless of how logical I think it's formatted).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
    I believe you can do this with spellcast already for the few remaining valuable thrown items.

Code:
    <if mode="AND" CommandPrefix="/range" EquipAmmo="Tsar Egg|Smart Grenade|etc.">
              <action type="Cancelspell"/>
              <action type="AddtToChat">Ranged Attack Cancelled.</action>
    </if>
    Correct me if that's wrong, please. I'm not the best XML'er (I always seem to produce XML code that doesn't work, regardless of how logical I think it's formatted).
    Worked almost straight out of the box, here's the finished item if anyone wants to copy:

Code:
            <if mode="and" commandprefix="/range" equipammo="smart grenade|imperial egg|tsar's egg|nokizaru shuriken|heavy shell|rune arrow|patriarch protector's arrow|grand knight's arrow|gold musketeer's bolt">
                <action type="cancelspell" />
                <action type="addtochat" color="57">Ranged Attack Cancelled: %EquipAmmo Equipped</action>
            </if>
    New Feature Request: can you figure out how to make it do calls? I wanted to add call15; tried &lt;call15&gt; but nada. Could probably manage it with raw commands but spellcast does my head in as it is.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousX View Post
    Worked almost straight out of the box, here's the finished item if anyone wants to copy:

Code:
            <if mode="and" commandprefix="/range" equipammo="smart grenade|imperial egg|tsar's egg|nokizaru shuriken|heavy shell|rune arrow|patriarch protector's arrow|grand knight's arrow|gold musketeer's bolt">
                <action type="cancelspell" />
                <action type="addtochat" color="57">Ranged Attack Cancelled: %EquipAmmo Equipped</action>
            </if>
    New Feature Request: can you figure out how to make it do calls? I wanted to add call15; tried &lt;call15&gt; but nada. Could probably manage it with raw commands but spellcast does my head in as it is.

<action type="command">input /p <call4></action>

If you wanted to do it without inputting it in your chat box, I have no idea.

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

After making files for both my DRG and BRD, I'm working on DRK next. I'm trying to write something that would unequip my Hauby and equip Ares instead as long as Diabolic Eye is active. Would this be the correct way to do so?

Code:
    <if spell="Diabolic Eye" buffactive="true">
       <action type="equip" when="aftercast">
           <body lock="true">Ares's Cuirass</body>
       </action>
    </if>
    <elseif spell="Diabolic Eye" buffactive="false">
       <action type="equip" when="aftercast" set="Melee" />
    </elseif>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 328 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast