+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Way to go, Russians.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Way to go, Russians.

3 pedestrians go flying as a 13-year-old Russian kid hits them and flees

This took place in Kirov, Russia on May 10. A 13 year old boy was driving his mother's compact Lada Kalina at a high rate of speed and hit three pedestrians in a marked crosswalk. One of the pedestrians was sent flying in the path of another vehicle and later died of his injuries. Two others remain hospitalized in serious condition, one of them in a coma. The victims were aged 18, 19 and 20, visi More..ting from a nearby village.

The 13 year old fled the scene but was later apprehended. His mother, a well known local lawyer, claimed he took the vehicle without her permission. It is unknown at this time if the 13 year old was under the influence of alcohol.

The 7th grader later updated his profile on vkontakte.ru, a Russian social networking site, claiming he did nothing wrong. He wrote that he only hit the pedestrians with his mirror, and "people flew under the white car, so it's all the white car's fault".

The kid had already been in trouble a year earlier, for a hit and run on pedestrians while riding a motorcycle. Due to his age and his mother's influence he was not charged in that case, and the locals are afraid the same will happen this time as well.
    Worst part is the video:

LiveLeak.com - 3 pedestrians go flying as a 13-year-old Russian kid hits them and flees
    (Also source.)

Now with GIF!

http://i41.tinypic.com/fk8sbs.gif

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Holy shit @ video.

He straight up knocked those people off their feet.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Saw topic title and thought someone was starting a discussion about this: Arrests at Moscow gay parade ahead of Eurovision Song Contest - CNN.com

But I guess not. Move along, The People are in charge, do not question The People's Will.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

whoa.... . someone please please please tell me they were blind...

Hope he gets fried.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Car + people usually = bad things. That is just fucked up though, god damn.

The kid is crazy, but the mother... what the fuck? She deserves some jail time as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Really feel bad for those people. That accident was brutal. Kid should be locked up for the rest of his life.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Holy shit ow

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i mean.. ya.. the kid should spend time in jail and all but whats up with the pedestrians? they seem to have a "nothing can happen as I walk down this street" type of mentality. They aren't even looking to the side nor attempting to dodge in the slightest. But ya, dumb kid is dumb. People walking on my streets?! Whatever! *steps on the gas*.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Why do people cross roads at such stupid times? I would NEVER trust that ANY driver is going to slow down/stop for me, let alone see me at all, as I cross a road on foot. I'd happily wait for a clear opening regardless of me having the right of way whatsoever just for the off-chance that some 13 year old with a temper is going to plow through my friends and I at 60mph.

I just can't fathom how anyone puts their life at risk like that around automobiles.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Daimen-G View Post
    The kid is crazy, but the mother... what the fuck? She deserves some jail time as well.
    Why...? You expect parents to have their kids on a leash? A person can be a good parent and just have shitty kids. Kids don't have to listen to you, and sometimes they just don't care.

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Indeed.

Way to go russia!!!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ouch!

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Holy shit, I didn't think you could actually fly that far from being hit by a car. What the fuck.

Why...? You expect parents to have their kids on a leash? A person can be a good parent and just have shitty kids. Kids don't have to listen to you, and sometimes they just don't care.
    It says in the OP that this is the second time the kid hit-and-run, and the first time, the mother abused her power to get him out of any sort of punishment.

Or at least, that's how I'm reading "and his mother's influence".

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daimen-G View Post
    It says in the OP that this is the second time the kid hit-and-run, and the first time, the mother abused her power to get him out of any sort of punishment.

Or at least, that's how I'm reading "and his mother's influence".
    Kid's do stupid shit. How could you possibly hold the mother responsible based on the information provided there.

Also: Holy shit ow.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by thestalkmore View Post
    Kid's do stupid shit. How could you possibly hold the mother responsible based on the information provided there.

Also: Holy shit ow.
    It's not about holding her responsible. It's about how she is taking advantage of the law to allow him to stay out of jail. Someone could be alive today. If you are going to play devil's advocate and say the people should have been looking, then go ahead. The point still stands.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    It's not about holding her responsible. It's about how she is taking advantage of the law to allow him to stay out of jail. Someone could be alive today. If you are going to play devil's advocate and say the people should have been looking, then go ahead. The point still stands.
    I'm not playing devil's advocate, euthanize the fucking kid. Taking advantage of the law means the mother should be put in jail? Give me a break. Put the idiots who enable her "influence" to do anything in jail if you feel that strongly about the misapplication of the law.

the fact that two people are still alive after getting tagged like that amazes me.

but seriously fuck that kid and his mom.