Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Consistent FFXI Crash on Startup

Is anyone else getting this? I've been running Windower 3.30 for a while. Just haven't wanted to go through the hassle of moving my scripts and updating plugins for a newer Windower version. It's been running fine for ages. I logged out yesterday, no problems. I don't believe there was an update, or a maint, or anything between then and now. But now, whenever I log in, ffxi immediately crashes once I get to the game screen (ie: I see my Character in Wajaom for a second, I move him 1 step, then freeze/crash).

I tried going into my init.txt file and simply commenting out all of my plugins, in case an outdated version of one was causing this. But I'm still having the same problem. Is there a particular debug log I can check to give anyone with more computer know-how than me more information? I'm a bit baffled.

Thanks

My name is Not Sure
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do you play on multiple computers (Desktop, laptop) or have someone who (used to if you have token now) logs on to your character? If you do, copy your character's folder (pol/ffxi/USER) from that other computer and replace the contents of your folder with those files and see if it fixes your problem. I had this same problem, but caused by something else, and that fixed it.

BTW, I was able to log on my mules. If you can't do that, it might be something else. Try running the file check in POL.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Related possibly?

Crashing due to long /smes - Windower

Should probably post there anyways for the best support on this issue.

BG Level

Aye, thanks. I just made an account and posted there as well.

I do play on laptop as well, but not sure how I'd move files from that computer to this one. I can try the file check, I've just heard a few horror stories about 12 hour file fixes >.>' guess I'll give it a shot though

Edit: Just confirmed this same thing is happening on both of my Alt characters when I try to log them in. Orz.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/75114...ml#post2732452

If the zone listing comes up in the server message, that's waaaay too long for the old windower.

BG Level

Think it'll work if I just upgrade to 3.4x? Or whatever the most recent one is? I'll go ahead and give it a shot now, actually. Got File Check running anyways.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

It should work fine, but you might have to download the hook.dll from the windows 7 thread. It is marked as RC2 but is pretty stable.

BG Level

RC2? What does it change? Yeah, it's working fine now on 3.41, thanks a bunch! :D

As long as I'm already moving plugins and scripts and whatnot all over the place, may as well make sure I update as recent as possible

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

A few bugfixes (the crash on exit along with them) and added Windows 7 compatibilty. If you ain't using complex scripts (like enhancing skillups or the like) you won't notice any difference.

BG Level

Oh ok, awesome. Thanks

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Having same problem, log on and walk 2 steps then I crash. Was fine last night when I logged off. Pretty sure I have the most recent version of Windower, but even going to Windower.net there seems to be a problem with their Website right now.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I had the same problem i just waited ~10 min, and re logged back in and its working fine now.
    Didn't have to change any files/folders/update anything.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't know of any problems with windower, and I'm using it right now. I'll attach the newest Hook (3.42 beta) which Aikar fixed some crashes as well as added Win7 support.

Give it a shot, may fix your problems.

(edit: too big to attach, but here's the link: http://aikar.us.to/Hook.dll )