Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SE Bannings, who's next?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

SE Bannings, who's next?

Since I myself was banned via a chat log for the "participation in an MPKing". And now I hear people are being banned for exping hardcore in zones? This stuff is getting to me.

On my new character I was apparently going to be GM'ed by a jp for helping my friend pull 6-10 crabs at a time in kuftal and skilling up shield skill off of them. And after reading these posts recently I find myself paranoid of being banned again for something so menial and stupid, I just wonder how far SE is willing to go?

Post thoughts~

Also... since my friends and I who've come back to the game have gone from lvl 1-67 in a little over a week now.. We've told one of our friends to leave his subjob off and wear a bunch of craptastic gear so he looks like an oldschool RMT(Posting pic when we get him to 75 before the 14 day trial is over), do you think SE will do something as drastic as banning him for looking suspicious? ( I wouldn't be offended if they did, we're aiming for epic lulz)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've been playing the game from nearly 2 years (140+ days play time), so far:

*I have never called a GM
    *Never had a GM called on me
    *Never spoken to a GM
    *Never seen a GM
    *Only know 1 person that ever went to jail (and it turned out to be a miss-understanding)

I have skilled shield and parrying by pulling 8-10 mandys in The Tree... Never got banned.
    I have done some astral burning... Never got banned.

Makes me think all these people Q.Q over being banned are telling a very one side view of what happened. Neglecting to mention the bit where they told the other player to 'F-off and Cry some more!' or told the GM to 'Eat sh1t and die' etc.

I am yet to hear of a case (by this I mean what actually happened, not the drama thread afterwards) where some one was banned and I genuinely thought they didn't deserve it at least on some level.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Vyerz View Post
    do you think SE will do something as drastic as banning him for looking suspicious?
    People have been reporting suspicious, downright OBVIOUS rmt characters leveling up for years. They have always been told that since the suspicious chars haven't done anything wrong, nothing will be done.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Group of "ahowedg", "ghiodfa", and of course "gbkoqwmn" along with other such friends all fishing in a small huddle. Totally not suspiscious.

Saying things via /p /s which could be used as evidence against you for a situation. And a GM gets called to investigate that situation. Might be used against you.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

There is no way to tell if a person is telling us everything. I tend to think that for the most part if you get banned you did something. People have been saying "windower only banned Q_Q"

We all know this is false, I really hate to say it but if you got banned for anything like you said there is a lot more to the story i bet. You told some guy he was a fucking prick in whitegates and like 50 people called a GM, they did nothing but was noted on your account. Shit like this. You held a mob for 45min GM told you to do dmg or be jailed. you started to do dmg, but was still noted on your account. Who knows hell they could of been found botting or something and we would never know, they wont tell us that.

It sucks and really whatever, nothing we can do about it. I just really find it hard that people who have done so little got banned for that. Iv had GMs called on me so many times(i must speak with one a week because i fish like every day, hoping this might stop with me getting my E rod now lol...)

That is my view on this hole thing

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hanyoko View Post
    Group of "ahowedg", "ghiodfa", and of course "gbkoqwmn" along with other such friends all fishing in a small huddle. Totally not suspiscious.
    Rather getting tired of hearing this...

You have to understand, until they DO SOMETHING ILLEGAL then THEY WILL get banned. In the case of RMT it seems SE follows a guideline for it so they don't missban. In regards to MPKing, well, that is just straight up noticible.

If I made a char with a name that looks like I hit the keyboard and go fishing in the same area as RMT but I am not RMT, you'd expect me to be banned immediately because of my name? Sounds like "racial profiling" to me.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    If I made a char with a name that looks like I hit the keyboard and go fishing in the same area as RMT but I am not RMT, you'd expect me to be banned immediately because of my name? Sounds like "racial profiling" to me.

No, that's behavioral profiling.

It would be racial profiling if they banned all the Mithra fishing in a zone.

Quote Originally Posted by McGoonagle View Post
    No, that's behavioral profiling.

It would be racial profiling if they banned all the Mithra fishing in a zone.
    Yep, just like people saying that JP are racists. Japan isn't a race, it's a country! That's territorial profiling.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    There is no way to tell if a person is telling us everything. I tend to think that for the most part if you get banned you did something. People have been saying "windower only banned Q_Q"

We all know this is false, I really hate to say it but if you got banned for anything like you said there is a lot more to the story i bet.
    This is pretty much the answer to the majority of what ANYONE says when theyre banned. Everyon might think SE and the GM's dont do their job right when it comes to banning but im sure the people who actually got banned would feel differently.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Thats assuming GM's and S-E in general are reasonable/logical/intelligent people.
    Look around BG there is more then enough evidence to prove the contrary, the most damning of which is screen shots of GM conversations...

I'm not saying people don't lie when they get banned, just that you and a few others are giving S-E/GMs way to much credit.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Enedin View Post
    Yep, just like people saying that JP are racists. Japan isn't a race, it's a country! That's territorial profiling.
    Is it just me, or is that a non sequiteur?

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by McGoonagle View Post
    Is it just me, or is that a non sequiteur?
    But JP's ARE racist.

P.S.- Everything I know about Japanese cultural attitudes towards foreigners (or at least Wesley Snipes) I learned in the epic novel, "rising sun". I swear, Michael Crichton must have totally lived in Japan for at least a month straight to write that shit.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    If you made a new account, a character with a name that looks like you randomly mashed a keyboard, and brought it fishing somewhere like qufim/batalia without leveling any job beyond level 1, yes you should just be banned.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    If you made a new account, a character with a name that looks like you randomly mashed a keyboard, and brought it fishing somewhere like qufim/batalia without leveling any job beyond level 1, yes you should just be banned.
    What kind of stupid logic is this? Being banned for looking like a fishbot even though you aren't fishbotting?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    What kind of stupid logic is this? Being banned for looking like a fishbot even though you aren't fishbotting?
    So how many legitimate players do you think have accounts solely dedicated (IE: all job/crafts level 1, nothing else done on account) to fishing anon in areas such as batallia downs?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you are able to catch fish in Qufim or Batallia on a level 1 job then my hat goes off to you, I would love to see a video of how you pulled that off.

Edit: Without hacking

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vyerz View Post
    And now I hear people are being banned for exping hardcore in zones? This stuff is getting to me.
    Training all of the mobs in Qufim to SMN burn them is not "exping hardcore", it's just plain stupid.

"Exping hardcore" is three relic holders, two BRDs, a COR and outside healing while killing everything in La Vaule.

SMN burning is not hardcore at all, it's a bunch of standing around doing nothing at all and lagging yourself out.

Oh and before you say "Your not XexpingXhardXcoreX, so you are just jealous", I have SMN burned in Korraloka Tunnel and enjoyed it and didn't get banned. Even called a GM to confirm what we were doing was ok.

If you aren't smart enough to figure out that you should be using a under- or unused zone for SMN burning then you deserve the ban and definitely shouldn't be looking for sympathy from us. The same goes for MPKing.

Also, it should be noted that you will never get banned for just "exping hardcore" or MPKing, on the first warning. You need to have other warnings on your account first, and if you already have other warnings on your account, it's pretty obvious that you have a habitual problem. You failed at playing well with others on the internet, and really, how sad is that? LOL

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So how many legitimate players do you think have accounts solely dedicated (IE: all job/crafts level 1, nothing else done on account) to fishing anon in areas such as batallia downs?
    Doesn't matter what I think. But you're in support of bannings of players who don't break the ToS by hacking or botting fish levels. So you tell me, where's the logic in that?

I have garden mules who are level 1, anon, and nothing leveled. They sell shit at NPCs when my plants are harvested. So should I be banned for re-enacting RMT behavior even though I am not RMT?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    If you are able to catch fish in Qufim or Batallia on a level 1 job then my hat goes off to you, I would love to see a video of how you pulled that off.

Edit: Without hacking
    You can't be serious...

Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    Doesn't matter what I think. But you're in support of bannings of players who don't break the ToS by hacking or botting fish levels. So you tell me, where's the logic in that?

I have garden mules who are level 1, anon, and nothing leveled. They sell shit at NPCs when my plants are harvested. So should I be banned for re-enacting RMT behavior even though I am not RMT?
    When you garden on mules, you likely do it on the same account as your main character. When RMT create fishbots, they create entire accounts just to do it. Let me dumb this down with an example that you might be able to understand.

Account #1: Has a character with several jobs leveled above 1 that most of it's playtime is spent on, and also has some level 1 mules for crafting/fishing/gardening/whatever.

Account #2: Has nothing but level 1 character(s) with names like Asdfghjkl that have done nothing other than fishing and possibly low level gil quests next to a train of other similar characters/accounts.

Gee, I wonder which are obviously normal players, and which are RMT and/or botting...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Doesn't matter. It isn't a crime to do that until the actual act of RMT'ing is committed. There is no rule that says you can't make a level 1 account like that.