+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Work Out Supplements     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Work Out Supplements

Hey ive been wondering about what type of supplements to take while working out for a while now and ive decided to go ahead and give them a shot, i was wondering what stuff ppl are taking and would recommend because im not really sure what to take. Everytime i go to the store the guy always recommends the Nano Vapor stuff for rapid muscle building as he calls it. and tells me to take a random fat burner with it. Ive really got no problem with burning fat i run around 8 miles a day. So with that said im trying to get cut just lean not huge, maybe take some creatine and a random protein anyone got any suggestions?

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

prednisolone

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
    Hey ive been wondering about what type of supplements to take while working out for a while now and ive decided to go ahead and give them a shot, i was wondering what stuff ppl are taking and would recommend because im not really sure what to take. Everytime i go to the store the guy always recommends the Nano Vapor stuff for rapid muscle building as he calls it. and tells me to take a random fat burner with it. Ive really got no problem with burning fat i run around 8 miles a day. So with that said im trying to get cut just lean not huge, maybe take some creatine and a random protein anyone got any suggestions?
    If anyone's going to recommend you burn fat and build muscle at the same time, don't listen to him. Also don't run 8miles a day if you're trying to build muscle, you ever see a well toned marathon runner?

To answer your question, you'll probably just need

Protein- not random, not sometimes, always and at least twice a day. You need about 1.5 to 2x your bodyweight of protein and i know you cant eat that much in a daily basis. just find whatever tastes best to you
    and
    Branch chain amino acids, in short it's the building blocks of protein. i use animal pak

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

None of this stuff is really all that good for you, but I just started taking it regardless. I asked a couple of people I know. It depends on what you're doing, if you're concentrating on more cardio/fat burning stuff, or muscle building. I myself am taking VPX Meltdown at the recomendation of someone that has tried a lot of them since I'm focusing on cardio. These things are a dime a dozen in GNC. You can be totally overwhelmed if you don't know what you're looking for. I don't really trust the employees in there either, they seem willing to yes you to death and sell you anything.

Also, try looking here.
    Top 10 Diet Pills Exposed – Best Weight Loss Supplement Reviews

I ordered the Lipofuze one today, gonna do VPX for a month, then LF for another month. If I get nothing, worst that happens is I lose 75 bucks. And maybe damage some internal organs, no big deal.

Nano vapor is really awesome stuff. It has many different types of creatine in it, along with a buttload of caffeine. After you take that stuff you'll definitely be in the mood to push some weights. That's a pre-workout supplement that will definitely help you out... Only problem is you can't really take it for a late night workout, otherwise you'll have trouble sleeping from all the caffeine.

A staple in supplements in pure creatine, you can take it capsule or powder form. Try to stick with capsules, because powders tend to be mixed in with other things, not just creatine. I take Purple K, it works really well for me. When on it I definitely feel the extra boost from the last few reps I try to push out. With capsules it's good to take them with a few mouthfuls of juice to help it get all the creatine working (best is grape juice). Also, you need to drink a minimum of 2 liters of water per day, so you'll be making trips to the bathroom more often than not.

But by far the most important thing to take when working out is protein. Try to take it just after finishing up your workout (15 mins or less). A lot of proteins work, but try to get some with little to no fat, and with lots of glutamine. Glutamine helps your muscles heal more quickly, and you feel less sore the days after workouts (most proteins now have glutamine in them).

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by residue View Post
    you ever see a well toned marathon runner?
    *cough*

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Just eat like 7 servings of protein a day and cut down on your fat intake and limit your carbs. Your body accepts stuff well after the workout so after working out I usually drink a glass of chocolate skim milk with some protein powder thrown in. It's 2 birds with one stone: I get a nice dose of protein into my system immediately after the workout and the chocolate skim milk has a nice balance of protein and carbs (about 50g carbs and 8g protein). You need carbs the after a workout or your muscles will be sore as hell. With the drink I usually eat a banana/orange and then take a centrum multivitamin, just because your body is ready for all that stuff after the workout.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

From the waist down baby. I have the guns of a mosquito.

nano vapor is terrible, lol.

before i started doing crossfit/gym jones, i used either black powder or noxplod, if that's the kind of shit you're looking for.

I could build you a 400 dollar a month stack if you want to get huge

or a 100 dollar stack if you want to have functional strength

Also, it's 0.9-1.5g/kg of bodyweight of protein to remain anabolic and not kill yourself with the smell of ammonia every time you workout. most people (see 100%) think this is a g/protein -> lbs/bodyweight equation, notice again it's in g -> kg. this is much different.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Studies have shown that by far the best place to get quality medical advice about untested, unregulated products that may or may not have serious long-term health implications is from anonymous sources on the internet.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you want a supplement, take whey protein. Its safe, its normally pretty cheap, and you can buy it just about anywhere.

Other than that, I recommend steroids like andro.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

if you're looking to get more muscular, then like residue said, you'll have to cut down on the running. obviously you'll have to put on some size before you can get lean (though i dont know your current body type, maybe youre as big as you'd like to be right now). it would be better to get into circuit type training. ie run a couple laps of the track, do some pushups, bicep curls, body squats, situps, and repeat with no rest between exercises, and minimal rest between sets(like maybe walk half a lap, whatever you need to catch your breath)

however, i totally disagree with taking protein "at least" twice a day. i'm 6'5, 226 lbs, and i do not need to take protein more than once a day to maintain my weight/strength level. that is just overkill (in my opinion, and in my friends opinion (who is a kin major). But it depends on your diet and your body type. If you're huge like Ronnie Coleman then you're going to need alot, but if you're an average guy, you don't need that much.

for supplements, I use BSN NO xplode as a pre-workout drink, and i'm testing BSN Volumaize as an intra (during) workout drink. While taking Volumaize, your pumps will remain with you for an extended time (mine usually last about 3-4 hours post workout with it).

NO Xplode is basically a 'get you so psyched up that you have to workout now and hard' supplement. Personally, I notice the mental effect about 15 minutes after I've taken it.

Volumaize promotes recovery, blood flow, things like that, that help you to continue working out. When I started taking Volumaize, I was able to workout longer and my pumps definitely stayed longer than normal. My recovery time also went from 2 days to about 1 day.

For protein, I'd recommend 100% Whey Protein(instant release) or Syntha-6(prolonged release). What Maguspk said about taking Protein with chocolate milk is actually one of the best things to do post-workout, so yeah, do that if you are taking protein and training for strength. it's good to get some carbs/calories directly after a workout.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ZMA also.