Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

1st information on Q&A Interview 2009

Interview is right now at Final Fantasy XI - Online and should be on the way to Square Enix this weekend or next week. A lot of different topics have been covered in this E-Mail. Here are some first information about the Interview.

Q&A Interview May/June 2009
    From: Final Fantasy XI - Online in cooperation with BlueGartr-Forum
    To: Square Enix (Development Team)

Question 1 – Augments –
    Please tell us more about augmented items!
    Question 2 – Final Fantasy (XI) Merchandise –
    There is a market for EU/USA, other countries too.
    Question 3 – Square Enix vs. Nidhogg & Absolute Virtue and playing FFXI
    Does the SE staff actually play FFXI too? Not just as their job, but also in their free time? Do they camp Nidhogg? Do they attempt AV? What do they think about the sale of rare/ex gear?
    Question 4 – Salvage –
    Are Salvage pieces intended to be so rare? Is the Salvage permit still up to date? Is enough Alexandrite coming to the market?
    Question 5 – Feedbacks –
    What kind of feedback does SE get each week? What is the feedback about most?
    Question 6 – Status on older subjects -
    I think you will like part 5 and 6. What is the status of topics discussed in the last Interviews?
    Question 7 – Allied Notes Notorious Monsters –
    Good thing. Good system. (Basically something we asked for since forever).
    How about doing a similar system again?
    Question 8 – Absolute Virtue and Pandemonium Warden
    Yes a question is indeed about those 2 NMs.
    Question 9 – Kupower and the future
    Future as what can we expect in the future. More information you will get when you see the Interview.
    Question 10 – Einherjar wings I, II, III –
    Done 70+ Wing I, II, III Einherjar. Gotten one abjuration. Come on!!!!!!!!!
    Question regarding improvement between the playerbase and Square Enix:
    Improvement meant as the current communication has not become what it was supposed to be, back at the last Premiere Site meeting.

And that´s it. Most questions were more a suggestion then a question. We all know how these questions get answered. We also do not just want to talk about making xyz better. In August I will work on a different thing.

“What do you not like in FFXI and how do you think it can be fixed” – like
    Stuff like Mr. Crazy foot beetle too!

I personally expect to have a reply by July. (I would actually say August but want to be optimistic here)

Bercus

Edit:

http://freenet-homepage.de/DiamantLS/Q_A.PNG

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There are some interesting topics here. I hope SE is willing to listen to some suggestions.

Thanks bercus!

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm already guessing the answer they give for question 8. But good stuff nonetheless.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Good questions, thanks for the work!

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bercus View Post
    Question 1 – Augments –
    Please tell us more about augmented items!
    Well, what is there to know?

Question 3 – Square Enix vs. Nidhogg & Absolute Virtue and playing FFXI
    Does the SE staff actually play FFXI too? Not just as their job, but also in their free time? Do they camp Nidhogg? Do they attempt AV? What do they think about the sale of rare/ex gear?
    I see 4 questions. All fine if in pieces.

Question 4 – Salvage –
    Are Salvage pieces intended to be so rare? Is the Salvage permit still up to date? Is enough Alexandrite coming to the market?
    To the first question: Yes, I mean duh. Not sure what the second question means. The last is worthless if we don't ask how they record Alexandrite appearance/movement or if they do at all. Or if they can do it for any item. (If we luck out they will will say "We can't record it", otherwise the answer won't be very helpful or believable)

Question 7 – Allied Notes Notorious Monsters –
    Good thing. Good system. (Basically something we asked for since forever).
    How about doing a similar system again?
    This won't provide an answer to anything worthwhile. I mean it is just a suggestion and a pretty obvious one at that. Yeah, they will probably make another NM system again. They kind of do it all the time.

Question 8 – Absolute Virtue and Pandemonium Warden
    Yes a question is indeed about those 2 NMs.
    Depending on what you ask, it will be useless. Hopefully it was something that hasn't been asked before.

Question 10 – Einherjar wings I, II, III –
    Done 70+ Wing I, II, III Einherjar. Gotten one abjuration. Come on!!!!!!!!!
    Well, at least there is no illusion of being a question.

And that´s it. Most questions were more a suggestion then a question. We all know how these questions get answered.
    If you know they are invalid why did you ask them?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Did i say i Sent in those invalid suggestions? I meant, that not better stuff could have been asked, because most stuff was just suggestions or questions we would get a 8 Word reply! Stuff mentioned below each topic is a rough Info what the question/s was/were about.

Dulek

Thank you Bercus for this. My only request is that when you present these questions, is that to avoid the use of provided them an example at the end of the question to allow them a easy scapegoat out without them having to put much thought into a answer. Like this question from recent Milkman interview for example if above is not clear:
    FFXI Developer Interview Reveals the Process Behind Their Latest Expansion: News from 1UP.com
    1UP: Why can't players obtain all three armors at once? Was it just to keep things consistent with other rewards, like Rajas Rings?
    KO: That's exactly correct. The same considerations were made for the three armors as other mission reward items such as the Rajas Rings.

I was hoping for a more detail reason(if they would actually give one is another) as to why we can't select more then one armor for a game that has a big selling point of doing multiple jobs on one character.

Banned.

BG Level

I already see 3 to 4 questions that are suggestions, at least if they are worded like the summaries you listed here.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I really want to see the BS they spout in response to the Einherjar question. Getting an anjuration 2% of the time is retarded. Maybe 10%, 25%, and 50% for tier I, II, and III respectively would be fair. Giving each wing the same droprate is crap.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Any chance you can alter #9 and see if they'll consider putting Jeuno on the list of cities you can be warped to with "Ease of Exploration"

Old Merits
    BG Level

Of course we can alter any question any minute. Thats the purpose of a final Version that we sent to Square. /sarcasm off. Sorry we can´t, as the Interview has been sent already weeks ago to Square. Would look pretty bad to alter a question weeks later, no? =(. If you have suggestions like this, using the POL function will probably help you most here.

For everyone else:
    The Interview is currently being translated into Japanese by a Square Enix member and will soon be sent translated to the people answering the Interview.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Thanks for the update Bercus!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

“What do you not like in FFXI and how do you think it can be fixed” – like
    Stuff like Mr. Crazy foot beetle too!
    Can we get a thread for stupid glitches now so we can start working on it?

I hate when I OP to Tavnazia and zone in to the city and the camera is facing the wrong way and I run right back outside.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So how about getting those answers back? o_o

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Hey Bercus if you're out there we still looking at an Aug release for the interview or have you received any word from them?

Old Merits
    BG Level

SE said and says the are super busy with several events (July update, Games.com in germany, TGS ect.) But....Onlinewelten is together with SE for this years games.com soon and we will hopefully get the replies by then.

Sidenote: If I would do this at my work I would be fired or costumers would go somewhere else. I don´t think people can be too busy to answer a couple questions from their best costumers in 3 months, especially when they get paid for that. Oh well... record is 4 months for answers, maybe it is faster this time .

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

SE said and says the are super busy with several events (July update, Games.com in germany, TGS ect.) But....Onlinewelten is together with SE for this years games.com soon and we will hopefully get the replies by then.

Sidenote: If I would do this at my work I would be fired or costumers would go somewhere else. I don´t think people can be too busy to answer a couple questions from their best costumers in 3 months, especially when they get paid for that. Oh well... record is 4 months for answers, maybe it is faster this time .
    Ya well seems to be the current trend at SE. They know we'll take the abuse and not quit. It's kinda dangerous though when they have a brand new MMO coming out customer relations better get a lot better if they want to make a run at competing with the big one. Thanks for the info though Berc.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Still waiting. 4 months I said . Getting close!

Faster responding time, my ass.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

The only thing that needs to be asked about AV is if there is a way to weaken/lock bracelets Meteor because it is far too strong for lvl75 characters with how much MP and HP this game has. Should follow this question with a statement of how bad their development of this NM was. Nothing needs to be asked about PW.

Old Merits
    BG Level

What has to be asked is already not important anymore as the interview is at SE since months incase you missed it. So any discussion towards this now is a waste of webspace.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast