+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If we wanna do a BG meetup, that'd be cool. Have lunch or something before the concert that night. What do people usually wear to these things? A regular orchestra you wear a business casual to tuxedo wear. But it's FF and I know some people will probably cos play.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

When I went to the one in Chicago last year most people were wearing suits, a couple of Cosplay people, and very few of the regular neckbearded fatties. Couple of whales with Sephiroth shirts stretching for their life.

I'd say wear a suit, it is an orchestra after all.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

I went in and plan on going to the next one in a nice shirt / khakis. I didn't feel over or under dressed.

Vuitton

The only time a man should wear a suit to the symphony is if it is expected. Its usually never expected and the normal attire ranges from casual to work professional.

Of course, maybe its just a coastal thing. West Coast never goes full on formal for anything except for very special events. Every day events like the symphony doesn't really motivate anyone to dress up.

I have gone in a nice pair of denim with a button up, jacket and dress shoes and also in dress pants with a nice shirt and tie. I have seen people in t-shirts and their birkenstocks. I have seen women attend in the same range of attire.

No need to dress up. Just don't dress down like its laundry day.

Edit:

I have tickets to the Seattle show. Reserved a suite at the W and made reservations for dinner at Purple. I am going to have a good time. <3

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Man, I'd love to go, but I just spent $200 on tickets for the Dallas Tool concert.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

lolTexas. Oh wait! If I still lived in DFW, I'd probably go. I wont be able to convince my wife to drive 4 hours to Dallas.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah I would likely try to go, but I will be out of town sadly. Also, as a head's up, keep in mind that this falls on Father's Day.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

one in SF in July. thinking of attending that one

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

All the cool kids are going to the Baltimore one.

bump anyone else decide if they going?

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Fuck Ya! Just got tickets for me and my wife as an early birthday present, 3hr drive will be well worth it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'm dressing up, just a dress shirt and pants, I might wear a bow tie that I got from J Crew just because I don't get enough opportunities to wear it hahah

One thing I hate....is that the audience claps during song when Sephiroth or other fftard pops up on the screens...that is just lame.

I wish they wouldn't even have the screens.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

I went to the Detroit show last night, and there were some good surprises. They played Man with the Machine Gun (they didn't at the Grand Rapids show a few months ago though it's listed in the Dallas set list). They also did Kiss Me Goodbye from FFXII with Susan Calloway (in addition to the usual Memoro de la Stono) which they had never done before. Also on the plus side, apparently Nobou likes her voice so much she'll be used in upcoming songs, probably in FFXIV since that's his next project.

They also showed the FFXIV trailer, which I had already seen, but it was kind of cool on the big screen. I took some pictures and recorded a song or two but I don't know how they came out. I'll have to check when I'm back at my place. So glad I went a second time to this.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I'm going to the Baltimore show. Fuck yeah to good times.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Only 2 more days! I can't wait. I guess no one wants to meet up beforehand for lunch. Anyway, it's going to be good times!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tythera View Post
    I went to the Detroit show last night, and there were some good surprises. They played Man with the Machine Gun (they didn't at the Grand Rapids show a few months ago though it's listed in the Dallas set list). They also did Kiss Me Goodbye from FFXII with Susan Calloway (in addition to the usual Memoro de la Stono) which they had never done before. Also on the plus side, apparently Nobou likes her voice so much she'll be used in upcoming songs, probably in FFXIV since that's his next project.

They also showed the FFXIV trailer, which I had already seen, but it was kind of cool on the big screen. I took some pictures and recorded a song or two but I don't know how they came out. I'll have to check when I'm back at my place. So glad I went a second time to this.
    I have to be honest, I was dissapointed they didn't do Terres Theme, I'd rather have heard that than Love Grows. I've always thought Love Grows was drastically over rated.

I also think that Susan Calloway did VERY good, I really liked both of the song she did and Draco and Maria SOOO much

Did you have good seats? Where did you sit?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

I don't think I'll be making it. Couldn't get things sorted out for it in time =(

got some seats in the orchestra terrace section. Looks like a good spot not too high and not too low.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyo View Post
    Did you have good seats? Where did you sit?
    I was in the first row of the orchestra, on the side where they had the guitarist/Susan/opera singers (row C seat 6). I was only about 15 feet away which was incredibly awesome. Also, I hope Arnie drinks lots of water because he was sweating buckets.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...9de9a77872.jpg

Only hours away! Really excited. Not so much for the four hour drive, but it will be me and my girl's first concert. I'm just nervous that there will be massive traffic, since it's father's day. I'll try and upload some pics if I get any decent ones tonight.