+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Looks pretty interesting.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Sup topic revival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsyE4vjxOzA

Last trailer before the movie airs. Absolutely badass, but the acting is terribad.
    I'm QQing already.... doesn't look like they will be doing the Koizilla scene

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    Looks like it'll be a great story about a serious young airbender who is not Aang.
    Ha. That's exactly what I thought. I mean.. Avatar: The Last Airbender (can't just call it Avatar anymore :/) was best known for both it's lightheartedness (to pull in the kids) and bits of drama, and a lot of action. This seems more like mass QQ/drama/action.. I'll probably see it just because I loved the animated series, but I dunno. Even in a trailer, the acting seems terrible.

Also, I doubt they'd feature the Koizilla and spoil it (for people who hadn't seen it before).. then again, that sort of special effect may be too much for M.Night lol

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Never seen the series or anything before, but im going to take a guess at how it ends:

So this one kid can control all the elements? He's going to pull some kamehameha spirit bomb with all the elements in one attack and win.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    So this one kid can control all the elements? He's going to pull some kamehameha spirit bomb with all the elements in one attack and win.
    Spoiler: show
    Nah, what happens is the fire nation is on a world conquest and Aang (The Airbender) strips away the Fire lord of his power. It was a good series but that was kind of a weak end to the conflict

Agree'd was not a big fan of the ending.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The animation and fight choregraphy look beautiful...but the acting...It's hard to complain since we have seen half a line, but are they going to be able to give us something convincing? Kids always fucking suck in movie.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Started watching the series. I hope the movie keeps the childish comedy that's in the series.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    Started watching the series. I hope the movie keeps the childish comedy that's in the series.
    I'm kind of doubting it. Which sucks since the lighthearted parts of the show made it great without going overboard on it.

Biddinger

http://sruthiswami.tripod.com/sitebu...g.w180h209.jpg

Boomerang! You do always come back!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

An interview with M. Night from a little while back:

http://www.lastairbenderfans.com/ind..._from=&ucat=8&

In it he talks about how he toned down the comedy, also some key parts of the story he wants in the movie and which movies he's putting them in.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah, I doubt it keeps all the child-like humor. That's gonna suck too, because Sokka's a great comedy relief/serious guy when he wants to be.

Not a terrible interview by M.Night either. He seems truly excited.

I know the movie probably won't have anything on the series aside from cool special effects, but I'll be there opening day regardless.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Regardless of the movie I try to wait at least a week before seeing it to try to avoid the more obnoxious movie goers. Also I'll definitely be going to the latest showing possible to (hopefully) avoid the children who are undoubtedly going to see this.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Never seen the series or anything before, but im going to take a guess at how it ends:

Nah, what happens is the fire nation is on a world conquest and Aang (The Airbender) strips away the Fire lord of his power. It was a good series but that was kind of a weak end to the conflict
    Actually from the fight starting up until the moment he did that was pretty cool, especially when he pissed Aang off, and "activated" him.

Be damned if you cant find something that isnt a shitty AMV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33vEl-_qI8k

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

That fight was pretty great but I really enjoyed...
    Azula vs. Zuko

the cartoon did a really great job on it. The music and SFX were perfect. I just wish...
    Zuko could have finished the fight without Kitara

EDIT: a link to the above mentioned.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHPOn...eature=related

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i agree ^

Drabblecox

The effects in the trailer were beautiful but the acting from the few lines I heard has got me kind of concerned. Maybe they just chose some bad lines or maybe I'm just being picky but since trailers are supposed to impress you, I consider myself unimpressed from what I've seen (of the acting).

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seanr View Post
    Actually from the fight starting up until the moment he did that was pretty cool, especially when he pissed Aang off, and "activated" him.

Be damned if you cant find something that isnt a shitty AMV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33vEl-_qI8k
    I can't remember much from the ending since I never got the DVDs and they don't seem to air it anymore. I just remember how much of a letdown the conflict ended.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Drabblecox View Post
    The effects in the trailer were beautiful but the acting from the few lines I heard has got me kind of concerned. Maybe they just chose some bad lines or maybe I'm just being picky but since trailers are supposed to impress you, I consider myself unimpressed from what I've seen (of the acting).
    I saw the trailer at a marketing forum recently (Nickelodeon was a presenter) and felt the same way. As someone who loved the original series my hopes honestly aren't too high for this being epic given the linear decline of Mr. Shamalamalan's career. But I'll still go see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast