+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: E-Cigarette     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

E-Cigarette

With a pack of cigarette being like 7-8 bucks where I live, I'm thinking of getting one of these instead.

Anyone have any experience with this and have any specific model to recommend?

Celeste

I have doubts about these, and while the cigarettes in my area are still under $5, I will smoke the real things.

i hear great things about these. they've taken over my workplace.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

why not just quit, cheaper and better for you

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

E-Cigarettes just give the users nicotine. The plus about it is that the user doesn't have to quit the habit of actually "smoking". I guess it's some psychological thing that makes it a little easier to quit compared to gums/patches. Also because they can still look cool. Yeaaaaa.

It is way healthier than smoking the real thing.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My instructor at school uses them when she is at home. She says that she loves it because it is smokeless so she can use it in the house. She also said it is expensive upfront but ends up being waaay cheaper in the long run.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Azalee View Post
    My instructor at school uses them when she is at home. She says that she loves it because it is smokeless so she can use it in the house. She also said it is expensive upfront but ends up being waaay cheaper in the long run.
    Just like yearly subscriptions to games!

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

It's too bad Phillip Morris or other companies can't ban you from cigarettes though.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

or you can order cartons online

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I see the salesmen for these at the mall all the time acting like they're cool.

Fucking retarded. Good idea, but fucking retarded. They try to get everyone to try them out. Even non-smokers.

"All the coolness and taste of a cigarette without the smoke and dangerous carcinogens". Right. Because standing around puffing smoke is cool.

I got one, and it's okay, but I have to admit that because my girlfriend hasn't made the switch yet, my self-control regarding smoking cigarettes has gone to shit. Hopefully when she makes the switch I'll be able to discipline myself. The main hardship is that even though you're getting nicotine, your body still craves all the other crap that's in cigarettes.

You don't get the sweaty feeling that you get from nicotine withdrawal, but you do still get some sort of feeling that your body is craving something. I'd recommend it if you have slightly high willpower.

Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Surealistic View Post
    why not just quit, cheaper and better for you
    How about...no?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

right, what WAS i thinking, i mean, being healthy, gah, and saving money, wtf

boy am i dumb

Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Surealistic View Post
    right, what WAS i thinking, i mean, being healthy, gah, and saving money, wtf

boy am i dumb
    Good to see you know you made a mistake.

Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    or you can order cartons online
    I do not know of any websites that sell cigarettes. Besides, I believe there are some laws about that now, something along the lines of paying the sales tax of the region they're sent to.

I wonder what my fellow alcohol connoisseurs will do when the witch hunt towards smokers/smoking changes direction towards them? It's the same goddamn thing. It's unhealthy in the lung run, with little damage occurring at first. Now, for example, smokers in Illinois have to sit outside in the rain, snow, jjust to have a cigarette. The smoking sections weren't enough? No, lol, when I worked at Denny's, I had people be sitted in the SMOKING section and then complain about the smoke/smell.

Mother of God, why have you allowed our species to devolve into such idiotic pieces of shit? Grr, at any rate, the e-cig is nice and all, but it's not something I'm interested in.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    It's unhealthy in the lung run

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

I hear nothing but good things about the electric cigs

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    I do not know of any websites that sell cigarettes. Besides, I believe there are some laws about that now, something along the lines of paying the sales tax of the region they're sent to.

I wonder what my fellow alcohol connoisseurs will do when the witch hunt towards smokers/smoking changes direction towards them? It's the same goddamn thing. It's unhealthy in the lung run, with little damage occurring at first. Now, for example, smokers in Illinois have to sit outside in the rain, snow, jjust to have a cigarette. The smoking sections weren't enough? No, lol, when I worked at Denny's, I had people be sitted in the SMOKING section and then complain about the smoke/smell.

Mother of God, why have you allowed our species to devolve into such idiotic pieces of shit? Grr, at any rate, the e-cig is nice and all, but it's not something I'm interested in.
    You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Gunitsoldier

She does not.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Staying on topic, I've had my e-cig for awhile and my problem has always been with atomizers. I read online that if you don't drain the cartridge and make an effort to keep the atomizer moist that it improves it's lifetime, which is something you should consider since some of these things die in a month.