+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Haruhi Season 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm loving this, perhaps too much...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The loop won't end until September ... for now I think I'll spent my time on the other crazy girl from Sora no Manimani.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Kazuko View Post
    The loop won't end until September ... for now I think I'll spent my time on the other crazy girl from Sora no Manimani.
    Really? How the hell can they get away with showing the same episode that many times in a row? lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

They may be able to defend it by saying that since they sorta ninja'd the season in that expectations shouldn't have been so high? Or maybe they'll do an extra extra long season and continue on with a lot more novels? Original lists had it at a 24 episode season or something, but is it possible they'll be showing more? We didn't seem to realize new Haruhi was coming until a couple weeks before it began to show so I can't imagine we're 100% certain on when this ending date is coming.

Old Merits
    BG Level

This is basically Japan's version of Rickrolling people.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

28 episodes for this right? Good way to spend the shitty episodes and end it being some internal conflict inside her making the loops.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Spoiler: Kyon not doing his homework is the cause of the loop.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Kyon not doing his homework is the cause of the loop.
    Yeah, imo this is what makes the loop(in anime form) so incredibly lame, that the solution is that and not something bigger/deeper.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

At this point I download the episode, watch the first few minutes + intro, then skip to the end to see if he gets out of it + ending. >_>;

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Hilarious. I'm now watching some clip from the S1 director (not doing S2) commenting on S2...lol

Black Belt
    BG Level

well, lemme know when it gets to the dissapearance of suzumiya haruhi, either the story arc, or the actual death of the franchise, I'd be looking forward to it regardless.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Just saw episode 7.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I finally sat down and watched all of Haruhi-chan, and I have to say, I liked that better as a sequel. It was actually pretty funny and entertaining, if a tad short due to the nature of the project. Achakura is ridiculously cute.

Celeste

Is Episode 8 of Season 2 the end of the Endless Eight? Please say yes?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Is Episode 8 of Season 2 the end of the Endless Eight? Please say yes?
    All speculation saying yes EP 8 should the final Loop syndication.

Here how Evil Kyoto can be and what sad the fanboys will buy it like the pieces of shit K-ON/Haruhi merchandise

I have to hand it to Kyoto Animation. They're geniuses. In show after show, they've managed to turn otherwise uninteresting pap into things worth attention, all the while making everything they touch turn into marketing and merchandizing gold.

Unfortunately, it seems that they are evil geniuses, and have turned the debacle that is the latest season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya into an unavoidable otaku money trap. With the latest announcement of the Haruhi Season 2 DVD release, they have revealed their predatory cunning.

Y'see, even the most brainwashed of Haruhi-ists would prefer not to buy some of this season's DVD slate, given that it consists almost entirely of the infamous Endless Eight time-loop (a virtual replay of one event for eight whole episodes) , instead deciding to buy the volumes with original content. However will not do for Haruhi's overlords at KyoAni and Kadokawa, who have decided to give each DVD a strange, nonsensical numbering system, so that buyers will never know which volume would contain which episode, practically forcing them to buy all.

Considering that Japanese DVD pricing is ridiculously high (2-episode volumes for roughly $50-70 each), devoted Haruhi-ists may need to take out a loan come shipping day. Well, that or to wait until someone posts the content online. Hopefully whomever licenses the English-language release will not succumb to this lunacy. The anime market in its current state will not tolerate these kinds of shenanigans. Unless those DVDs contain some wealth of additional content (like, perhaps 8 more episodes to replace the ones they've wasted), I cannot in good conscience recommend these to anyone.

Hit the jump to try to make sense of this new numbering scheme.

Each DVD is priced at 6,930 yen (about $72). There is a last one with the odd number "5.999999", which is only priced at 4,830 yen ($50). I'm hoping that's the one containing those 8 extra episodes I demanded.

豸シ螳ョ繝上Ν繝偵・諞るャア 5.142857
    豸シ螳ョ繝上Ν繝偵・諞るャア 5.230769
    豸シ螳ョ繝上Ν繝偵・諞るャア 5.285714
    豸シ螳ョ繝上Ν繝偵・諞るャア 5.428571
    豸シ螳ョ繝上Ν繝偵・諞るャア 5.571428
    豸シ螳ョ繝上Ν繝偵・諞るャア 5.714285
    Evil, I tell you!

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

No, 8 episodes of endless eight, bamboo rhapsody was the first episode, so one more (at least).

Celeste

Man, that shit with the Japanese DVD prices is exactly why I don't bother buying DVDs anymore. Goddamn ridiculous how much they charge these days.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Imitarate View Post
    I finally sat down and watched all of Haruhi-chan, and I have to say, I liked that better as a sequel. It was actually pretty funny and entertaining, if a tad short due to the nature of the project. Achakura is ridiculously cute.
    It's like they blew all their ideas on the Haruhi-chan/Nyoron shorts and in the last 24 hours of pre-production time, came up with the idea for Endless Eight.

And the state of anime on dvd in Japan has always been like that, the idea is not unique to Kadokawa. It's always much, much cheaper in the states. This release should be no different in North America. Yeah you're still paying for the time loop episodes but it'll be on one DVD of the set and that will be that. Just wait for the boxed edition to go on sale and watch your fansubs till then. That's been my buying pattern for the last few years.