+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home game pc rpgs?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

WarkeDChocobo
    BG Level

Home game pc rpgs?

So years and years ago I used to play Heros of might and magic 3 home games with my girlfriend and brother. It was pretty fun and we all got pretty into it. I'm looking to revive the tradition but the choices now seem pretty thin. The part we liked best about HOMM3 was that it was turn based and not complicated enough to turn any of us off to it.

So what I am looking for is an RPG'esk turn-based multiplayer home game I can check out to revive the home-game tradition. Any suggestions?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I like your chocobo. There's an entire gaming forum that should be able to lead you in the right direction

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/forum91/

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

RPGesque*

WarkeDChocobo
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle View Post
    I like your chocobo. There's an entire gaming forum that should be able to lead you in the right direction

Gaming - Order of the Blue Gartr
    ty

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you really want some sort of old-school 8-bit type RPGs, what you can do is just find some of the RPGMaker websites and look at what the top-downloaded RPGs are, they're usually turn based and they're all fan-made RPGs that usually don't pertain to any particular storyline, you could also make your own (which would take forever).

I don't think you'd need the actual RPGMaker client to run any of the games, but I'm not positive on that. In any case it may be something worth looking into, most of the RPGs are just simple turn-based FF1~esque battle style games, although some of the people who made the RPGs are actual coders and have modified the battle systems to do other crazy things.