Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Phraust View Post
    This might be a good place to ask.

Let me preface this by saying I am in no way a mage...

If you're a RDM laying on enfeebs, wouldn't it be best to Pack on for potency rather than accuracy? My thought is this, what's the point of laying on a weak enfeeb with 80% accuracy that won't do much, when you could try to land a much more potent enfeeb with 50% accuracy? Particularly on things like Paralyze. Would it be better to pile on the mind and just eat it if you get resisted? If you lay on a weak Para, now you got a stable weak para that can't be overwritten. At least with a potent Para that misses, if it misses you get another chance to make right.
    As a tank I'd rather have an impotent slow on 100% of the fight than a potent one on 50%

Quote Originally Posted by residue View Post
    As a tank I'd rather have an impotent slow on 100% of the fight than a potent one on 50%
    The difference would be potent slow 23% of the time VS impotent slow 25% of the time, the difference is marginal.

Now imagine that with +MND gear you succeed ~50% of the time and 100% of the time with M.acc gear. The first one is still better because slow/slowII have low recast and the mob would not have slow for a very short period.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by residue View Post
    as pchan said, that's not the option here. would you rather a weak slow 99% of the time, or a more potent slow 95% of the time? not only do they have relatively low recasts, but there are also two spells with separate recasts, so they can be cast back-to-back.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Vxsote View Post
    Under 50% hit rate, the +INT(MND) still gives 5-10 equivalent m.acc, but that is cut in half again along with the rest of the m.acc.
    My understanding is that the accuracy gained from stats is only dependent on the delta on that stat.

But you are saying that the accuracy from the stat is then halved as you are below 50%?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

ES + Slow 2: stack MND only forget they enfeeb skill or m.acc, lasts for 3 mins, if ya got a brd, ask them for a double mnd song, i know i was getting MND 65+86 without Alkalurops and my MND set is incomplete atm. i dont know the math for the MND needed to cap Slow 2 potency but 151 is surely nice with an ES then add another +5 with Alkalurops

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You bumped this 6 month old thread for that?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvision View Post
    ES + Slow 2: stack MND only forget they enfeeb skill or m.acc, lasts for 3 mins, if ya got a brd, ask them for a double mnd song, i know i was getting MND 65+86 without Alkalurops and my MND set is incomplete atm. i dont know the math for the MND needed to cap Slow 2 potency but 151 is surely nice with an ES then add another +5 with Alkalurops
    1) You're a fucking idiot.

2) You're a fucking idiot.

3) Wand/Shield for ES.

4) You're a fucking idiot.

i think someone is calling a certain someone an idiot Oo; could be wrong though since there has been clubbing talk about, also a something shield or something.....

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Forgive me for being a non-career Rdm, but is this also good for blind? I see people saying it can often be a good slow/para piece and I see the logic in that. Should be good for blind too right, or is there a better alternative I'm missing?

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

(I believe) Tests have shown that INT does not affect Blind potency, so no.