+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age Origins     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Dragon Age Origins

This game looks amazing!! Plus it's from Bioware so you know it will be awesome. They have already said that they will have DLC coming for it for 2 years. Can't wait!

Sighhhhh I hate DLC, why must a company promise extra DLC for a game that's not even out yet and expect people to get excited over it? As much as I love Bioware and the quality of games they produce, this is ugh.

Just show us your best with what you have now, fuck DLC.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

or they could show their best now, and then add expansions, dumbass

Banned.

BG Level

"hurrWRPG" + console = not going to be as good as it could have been. I'll still give a chance. Hopefully they make it Action oriented instead of a Strategy game.

Also superior version of the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yTVjUY9wMg

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I actually got to see a beta of this at Gen-Con last year, and I have to say, as a D&D fan, it looks fucking sweet. You can tell the level of nerdery that must be possessed by the staff, because it's like, the closest thing to D&D I've ever seen on a video game.

Banned.

BG Level

...in what way?

EDIT: Cause you know there have been games that were literally Dungeon and Dragons. For example: Baldur's Gate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/63910...e-origins.html

Should also note they didnt say DLC for 2 years, its game support they said, yes DLC will be included but like someone else said it'll have expansions as well im sure.

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    ...in what way?
    Well, for starters, they have a lot of the same spells, and the spells are rather close to the spells of D&D. Like Grease does exactly what it did in 3.5, and casting a fire spell in the area will cause it to set on fire. There were just a lot of little things like that that made it feel like D&D. Maybe it's not an exact D&D port, but you can tell that D&D definitely had a lot to do with the inspiration.

And yeah, Baldur's Gate was pretty much exactly D&D, but I personally thought that the exact replication kind of took something away from the games, that the games were a little to rigid. This seemed much more like a spiritual successor to D&D rather than an exact copy.

Banned.

BG Level

You might need to sit down for this one.

Most of Bioware's games were inspired by DnD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/63910...e-origins.html

Should also note they didnt say DLC for 2 years, its game support they said, yes DLC will be included but like someone else said it'll have expansions as well im sure.
    Kotaku - BioWare Plans Years Of Dragon Age DLC - Dragon age: origins

I wonder if this will be significantly better for PC than it will be for 360/ps3. I love playing oblivion-type big games on my sofa, and I don't know if my pc can run it, but I might have to bite the bullet.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What do you guys mean WRPG? This seems really cool but this DND shit I don't get, anyone care to explain?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Invictusx View Post
    What do you guys mean WRPG? This seems really cool but this DND shit I don't get, anyone care to explain?
    There really isn't much to explain. If just ignore anytime someone says "DnD" in reference to a videogame or "WRPG" you won't be losing anything.

Western Rpgs > all other Rpgs

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Only after a year of patches first.

Anyways, looking forward to this, not played a Bioware title in quite awhile. I should really get off my ass and go actually beat Baldur's Gate 1/2/IceWind Dale/Neverwinter Nights. (played a fair bit in each of them, and then I get distracted by something else and forget about it)

Will probably be going for the PS3 version since I'm an absolute trophy whore.

Banned.

BG Level

I don't care to look, but will this game play like those titles?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Apparently the collector's edition of dragon age unlocks an exclusive item in ME2.

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I got to play the computer demo at Gen-Con this year, and wow, it's a hell of a game.

I played the computer demo, and the posted specs were pretty tame, all things considered. In the PC demo, I was able to make my own character, and like you could expect from a bioware game, there was plenty of options. The ability management system was pretty similar to KOTOR 2, with just a few tweaks.

I made a dwarf, and while I didn't have enough time in my 15 minute demo to find any combat, I did set into motion a plan to kill my eldest brother and assume the throne when my father died, so I'm pretty much sold.

My friends did get into some combat, one on PC, and one on xbox. They both said the combat was smooth, and that switching in between characters to issue commands was a breeze, and it made for a really dynamic experience, fast paced and really, really fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast