Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

How many times has SE added/removed attributes to/from equipment?

As the title asks. SE seems really hesitant on making gear in place better. A comment in an interview(can't remember which, it was a question about making Relic gear better) made it seem like there is some technical barrier stopping them from doing so.

Note: I am not speaking about Defense values, weapon damage, or delay. They seem rather easy to change.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Dagger dmg increase is only one I can recall.
    Edit: I can't ever remember them adding/removing stats to items, only correcting what it should have displayed.

I think I remember the interview you were talking about. They described how there was a certain limit of what they could put on armor, namely the AF sets and why most of them were so useless. But then you look at some of the new salvage armor bodies, and they pretty much wrote a book stat wise on those.

Banned.

BG Level

Saviorself, everyone interrupted as text. I saw it as them saying they couldn't add any more effects.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think I remember what you're asking about... it's not how many things you can put on an armor set, it's how many types of things. I.E. hp/mp might be one, as well as stats, resists, job traits, and skill level modification... of which you can have 3 'lines', which might explain why AF+1 is missing the elemental resists in lieu of more useful things.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I remember reading that interview, the way I understood it was not that armor in general has a maximum amount of spaces, but that each individual piece can't go over the number of stats originally placed on it for some technical reason. It seems inconsistent though, because if you look at the BLM AF and AF+1 head, body, and legs, they all lose a stat in order to gain a new one. However the RNG AF body head and feet all gain an extra stat and have a new total on the +1.

Banned.

BG Level

I am not sure if upgrades/whatever pieces matter so much. What I mean is that they can't add stats to a piece of armor. Like if BLM AF can gain a new stat on BLM AF(not through an upgrade, which makes a whole new piece of gear.)

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

They changed the text on Marduk Legs to add the 'hidden' (aka mistakenly left out) -4 enmity stat. People argued it was because there wasn't enough room on the text help box to fit it, but they ended up doing it just fine in a patch.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A long while back, Minstrel's Ring had a latent effect of Spellcasting time -25%.

This got ninja fixed after BRD/NINs discovered it affected all magic and started being Utsusemi supermen. It was nice while it lasted

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Braggard you.

Aurum Sabatons were fixed too, similarly to Marduk legs. Dagger DMG yeah, not sure about the rest. Dagger's the only really announced one.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryuu View Post
    Aurum Sabatons were fixed too, similarly to Marduk legs.
    How so? Looking at the DAT mining thread from when they came out, they appear to be exactly the same as the pair in my inventory.

They originally gave attack+4(though the item read attack+5).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Numerist pumps listed 4 hMP at release, but were just 3 in reality, they got fixed in a later patch

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah Numerist and Aurum are opposites, for one they followed the listing and upped it, for the other they changed the description downwards to fit the effect.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Havok Stormblood
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I could be wrong, but I don't think the subtle blow job trait always existed, and when they added it to mnk and nin, they added it to some gear also?

Banned.

BG Level

True, but if I recall... those pieces had something like "Reduce TP on Attack" or something - basically a proto-Subtle Blow.

Well I think we can confirm that they can adjust specific attributes already on the equipment, though rare as it is.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The "barrier" they are talking about might just be the stupid text barrier. You can pretty much put whatever you want on any one item, but you can't display all the effects in the text box. If you put too much the text will flow out of the box, and even off the screen. As an example salvage gear has almost the maximum amount of text that will fit in the box.

tl;dr SE could do a lot of things fairly easily but they don't want to.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Speaking of incorrect stats that were fixed, Melee Crown used to say +4% HP, when in reality it was +5%. The +1 said +5%, and at some point they fixed the NQ's text.

I know you're not interested in changes in defense, but they did increase the defense on the Valor Surcoat a while back. I can't recall what it used to be though; guessing less than the AF.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Not quite the title but Kraken Club no longer being all jobs since ToAU release and I still wish to know why from their own damned mouths... :\

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    Not quite the title but Kraken Club no longer being all jobs since ToAU release and I still wish to know why from their own damned mouths... :\
    Obviously it would make PUP overpowered.