1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 48 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Alot of people are forgetting PC didn't see the day of light till about 1 year after FFXI: Online came out in Japan on PS2 iirc?

Can't check JPbutton.com on the correct timeline. Either way they did not say it ware rare/ex for PS3 only. Just said coming for PS3 first. Hopefully SE shines some light on this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by shiarua View Post
    It did NOT say PS3 exclusive. They said it would be the only console you could play it on when its released.
    Gonna keep quoting myself until someone else picks up on it

The youtube link says exclusive, but thats not what they said in the press release

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

This whole thing is a huge dick tease. We don't know what the fuck this is... it could even be "online" like StarCraft or Diablo is online...

It looked like there was little to no gameplay footage. Gonna have to wait for tomorrow probably for more details.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

i came when this premiered

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

you know they WOULD do this as I am saving for a wedding. Fuck now we gotta buy another ps3 and tv so fiance and I can play side by side. damn you SE! :shakes fist:

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Can't wait for tomorrow <3

went from "Rapture" to "Puppetmaster" title ... regarding the trailer of FF14, and if it's Rapture, I feel screwed.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroko View Post
    Either way they did not say it ware rare/ex for PS3 only. Just said coming for PS3 first. Hopefully SE shines some light on this soon.
    Which was probably the biggest mistake SE made with FFXI.

Let us not assume anything just yet. But this does not mean it is no reason to not get excited.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I highly doubt they would allow any kind of gear/character progress transfer. But I wouldn't put it past them to give us some sort of award for specific achievements when starting a character in XIV. Would be nice at least. :3

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis G View Post
    Here is the text from the trailer. I think it is very very surprising:

"On a forgotten page of eternity." (Distant past perhaps?)

"There lies a land embraced by mighty gods." (sounds familiar)

"Her name... Eorzea" (The land called Eorzea? Or Mighty Goddess?)

"As fates cross... swords will clash" (RAWR!!1!)

"Under the eldritch veil of a crimson shadow." (wut?)

"Heroes of the realm, take up your blades!" (/salute)

"To answer the call of destiny!" (wat?)

"You must join hands... once again." (Team up?)

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Online. <---------- w00t!!!
    Added comments into the quoted text.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

On a forgotten page of eternity
    There lies a land embraced by mighty gods
    Her name...Eorzea

Just pure crazy what ifs but..
    What if someone opens the gates of paradise lol

But yeah this will probably be either an alternate dimension, set in the future, or in an area we don't have access to (Far western continents or Far East)

Ooohh, they kept my thread title :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe Carbuncle's fears came true.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    This whole thing is a huge dick tease. We don't know what the fuck this is... it could even be "online" like StarCraft or Diablo is online...

It looked like there was little to no gameplay footage. Gonna have to wait for tomorrow probably for more details.
    This is pretty key right here. The entire trailer was cinematic - so far the only idea we have of what the game might look like during actual game play are the re-rendered images of Jeuno that were leaked a few months back.

Also new POL term code LM-14 = people who cancelled their accounts to save up for Rapture after today's announcement.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis G View Post
    Let us not assume anything just yet. But this does not mean it is no reason to not get excited.
    Yeah... the more I think about it... the more stupid another FF MMORPG seems to me... and has to seem to SE too.

Online means so many different things now. It could be an MMORPG, it could be like Oblivion, or Starcraft or just an online fighter...

But then again the graphics are almost exactly the same as FFXI.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Sure are a lot of active users viewing this thread.

I have a feeling that once it's announced to be an MMO, it'll be $15 a month and more tears will come.

Tagus

Amazing... maybe all the RMT will leave ffxi for this.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm not soloing BST to 75 all over again, god damn it.

Also, I'm guessing the 'PS3-exclusive' refers to console wars and it will probably be PS3+PC.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    you know they WOULD do this as I am saving for a wedding. Fuck now we gotta buy another ps3 and tv so fiance and I can play side by side. damn you SE! :shakes fist:
    invite me to your bacherlorette party. im going to come in as the sexy cop who strip searches you for having your car parked outside the fire hydrant.

im wondering how this game really is though. im hoping they keep most of the same gameplay elements as XI.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm glad Rapture is actually another Final Fantasy MMORPG, because one of the main reasons I play FF11 and not Age of Conan, or WoW, or WAR, or whatever is because

It's Final Fantasy

The gameplay mirrors final fantasy, the controls and menu systems mirror a final fantasy game

I'm not interested in playing your stereotypical PC MMORPG ala the shit that's out there right now

This makes me excited to play FF14, is it safe to say this could be a sequel? I saw a Hume, Galka, and what looked to be a pointy-eared elvaan in the trailer

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast