Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Final Fantasy XIV regional servers (Official FF14 if you can't post in Advance Forum)

Couldn't post in advanced ^^; not enough posts lol. had to call it though after reading someone hoping for working auto-translate. I think that based on elmer the pointy's questions etc, there will definately be regional servers (aka: Japan, NA, EU) and do away with auto translate. Maybe in their envisioned multi-cultural selling point they will have a few mixed servers. Doubt it though.

(ps, not racist, lived in Japan, lotsa friends etc.......just know that segregation will sell in Japan lol)

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

For those of you that (like me) aren't keeping up-to-the-minute on E3 news, FF14 was just announced as a PS3-exclusive MMORPG, set to come out next year.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's not PS3 exclusive, and please use the thread in Advanced or Gaming. No need for any more topics.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

already explained I couldn't....so suck it

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Gaming does not have a post count limit; otherwise post elsewhere to get sufficient points to post in Advanced.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

seph don't backseat mod. people get infractions for post count spamming to get into advance, don't encourage it. I think this thread should be allowed, considering the amount of excitement this is going to generate, there is going to be a lot of low posters wanting to discuss it.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yes maam <3 Just trying to keep all the info in one spot.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Yes maam <3 Just trying to keep all the info in one spot.
    I still <3 so all good.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Lol thank you.....I am one of those low posters you speak of. :D Anyway, I dont have a Ps3, and cant forsee myself investing that kind of money in another console when I already enjoy my 360. Even if I did have a PS3, I spent too much time and energy building up my FFXI character to the point where I just dont see myself starting over in another MMO.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Seeing this thread made me go read the thread in advanced. I hadn't looked at advanced in a good long while.

Reading that thread reminded me why.

On topic, seems like a pretty dumb idea to me. Why would they release a new MMO when XI is still going fairly strong? Especially if it turns out to be related to XI in some way, as it seems like it may be, if enough people jump ship from XI to XIV it will be a death sentance for XI.

Even if they aren't directly related, if XIV winds up being XI +1, why would anyone stay playing the old outdated version, when they could upgrade to the new hotness?

The only way they could possibley create a game that would co-exist with XI would be if it was in no way shape or form even remotely related to XI. Unfortunatly they've already pretty much fuckbeaned that by making it number 14 in the series and porting over what appear to be all the same races.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I don't think they'll segregate servers in that way. However, I would love for them to introduce regional servers so we're not all sending packets to Japan. If they did, I think the NA's would mostly stick to servers located in NA on their own without SE having to force segregation.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

idk about this one im just gonna play ffxi

BlakLanner

On the website, it also mentions Windows as an available platform

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Lol, there's a post count requirement for advanced now? News to me

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

One thing we know for sure... SE hasn't gotten their website act together yet. Reliance on flash and extreeeeemely slow load times... fail. Surely this type of marketing bullshit is something they can outsource to a company that has more resources at its disposal to put up a non-fail site?

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    One thing we know for sure... SE hasn't gotten their website act together yet. Reliance on flash and extreeeeemely slow load times... fail. Surely this type of marketing bullshit is something they can outsource to a company that has more resources at its disposal to put up a non-fail site?
    They probably had over 20 million hits the second the game was announced.

Saying any other company could do this better (Including Blizzard which was 404'd for a few hours when Diablo III info and site was launched) is no different.

Theres bigger things for you to shit on imo.

GO GO SAMURAI AF

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I dont' like the idea of regional. I like all regions since I can log on any time I want and play. Don't want to feel like playing at 3am and only 1/10th of the server be logged in.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I like the idea of a new MMO

Not sure where I stand on transferring character data... I think I'm against it though. There're enough high-level well-geared noobs in FFXI as is :/

I also like that its sticking to the FFXI roots though. I love FFXI, just a few things annoy me (dynamis and no instanced HNMs, thats about it) and would love to experience the new MMO. Plus, nothing beats being a noob again xD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast