FFXIV Character
    Super Bad
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

The game looked really good graphically, but I feel like I already know what is going to happen.... I got my money on that big creature dying

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Arigorn View Post
    The game looked really good graphically, but I feel like I already know what is going to happen.... I got my money on that big creature dying
    Come on Griffon! Let's go cross this rickety bridge!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Noticed this Famitsu interview hasn't been posted.

Now that Team Ico's latest project -- the PS3 exclusive The Last Guardian -- has been revealed, it's now time to delve a little more into what the new game offers. Thankfully, Japanese gaming mag Famitsu scored an interview with Team Ico's Fumito Ueda, who gave out more details.

The game's official Japanese title is "Hito Kui no Oowashi Toriko", which translates to "The Giant Man-Eating Eagle Toriko". The "Oowashi" or "Giant Eagle" part is what Team Ico uses to refer to the giant bird-griffin-ferret thing that the boy befriends in the trailer.

When I first saw the official trailer, I was surprised by how out of place the eagle was compared to the other beings in its surroundings. According to Ueda, this was intentional. He himself thinks it looks odd, but that's the team's objective. It was important to make the boy's companion look unnatural.

As the boy, players will have to take care of their giant eagle friend. Their relationship is one of the central points in the game, so this involves way more than just throwing healing items at it. Players can feed it and remove spears and arrows that are stuck in its body. Players can also touch the eagle whenever they like, and it will react differently depending on where it's touched.

The Last Guardian's gameplay will involve puzzles and platforming elements. While the boy can climb, grab things, and crawl, some areas will involve getting the eagle to things either by ordering it around or by having it cooperate with you. The eagle's intelligence, which according to Ueda isn't really all that high, also comes into play. It may not move according to what you want exactly.

For this project, Ueda and his team are harnessing more powerful versions of Ico's AI and Shadow of the Colossus' collision schemes. They're also using real physics in this game. Another interesting graphical tidbit is that each of the eagle's feathers are processed individually, so the staff is paying great attention to how the wind in the game's environment affects each feather.
    Famitsu interview: Fumito Ueda talks about The Last Guardian - PC Gaming, PlayStation, Wii, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, News, Reviews, Downloads, Custom Apps, Homebrew and much more.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Login | Facebook Facebook group and fanpage have both been made if you want to join

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

thanks, will do

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Its the new Never Ending STory

Gah... would they just sell this to me already please? Love the detail that he strives for. The short 'interview' was great.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I enjoyed it as well, hopefuly we'll see it late next year, another solid PS3 exclusive I cant wait for.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I'm really excited for that game but I just wish they'd give us something substantial to eye drool over instead of these trailers that don't really show much of anything. But it was so cute when he stretched.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

For those that care and reserve games early, gamestop has a sku and is taking preorders for this now, listed for april of next year, I know its a made up date, but I always like to reserve stuff early, so passing it along. Also if you havent joined yet belle setup the facebook group for this as well earlier this summer.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    For those that care and reserve games early, gamestop has a sku and is taking preorders for this now, listed for april of next year, I know its a made up date, but I always like to reserve stuff early, so passing it along. Also if you havent joined yet belle setup the facebook group for this as well earlier this summer.
    Adding to this, release date from gamsetop pushed till nov of 2010, /sayad.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://kotaku.com/5461879/snuggle-up...-last-guardian
    Sony Computer Entertainment Japan has launched the official web site for Team ICO's forthcoming PlayStation 3 adventure The Last Guardian, giving us a fresh but familiar look at The Last Guardian.

Much of what you'll see in the newly launched official Japanese site for the game appears to be lifted from the amazing trailers from E3 and Tokyo Game Show 2009, but in super higher resolution that will require a good deal of panning and scrolling. Yes, Team ICO has prepped more of those unusually tall images for The Last Guardian, making me wonder if the PS3 game is going to support TATE mode at launch.

Here is a small selection of some of the landscape oriented screens on offer, but you'll have to visit the official site for the rest.
    http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...t_guardian.jpg
    http://cache-08.gawkerassets.com/ass.../500x_tlg2.jpg
    http://cache-06.gawkerassets.com/ass.../500x_tlg6.jpg
    http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/ass.../500x_tlg5.jpg

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I hope I can spread my current and near-future games thin enough to last me until November. Team ICO gives me endless boners.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Was just going to post this, been out all night.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BUYING MY WKC I HOPE

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    BUYING ARCH'S WKC I HOPE