+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by AkashiXI View Post
    Spoiler: show
    No, I'm not mad, but Vandole lecturing anyone is lol
    umad

i'm pretty angry i missed out on going to bonnaroo. i didn't realize it was during the summer and i got offered half price on a ticket for it the entire weekend.
    iirc coheed, nin, tv on the radio, the mars volta, and a bunch of other awesome people are going to be there.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If I really enjoy Welcome Home, what other CnC songs would I like. Recommend me some, go!

Edit: I downloaded Three Evils because Uryuu said it was his favorite song and it definitely isn't the style I expected. I guess I like the dramatic/heavier stuff.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Oh also, I would be hard pressed to name a favorite song, some of them are: Everything Evil, Delirium Trigger, Three Evils (sounds so upbeat but its fucking twisted, and best I can tell they are torturing one of the IRO-bots), Gravemakers and Gunslingers, Fear Through The Eye of Madness, both of the Apollo ones from Star IV (there is no good way to abbreviate it, I mean look "Coheed and Cambria- Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness- The Willing Well III: Apollo II: The Telling Truth", thats way too fucking complicated, lol) and most of The Camper Velorium songs, In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 (song), and The Crowing. Its very hard for me to choose a favorite.

Also does anyone know if the name of the IKSOSE3 hidden track 21:13 was meant to be a play off Rush's album/song 2112? Or was it a coincidence? Both obviously are prog (although too many people call C&C emo) but wiki says that C&C aren't huge Rush fans, which strikes me as odd, because they seem to have some obvious Rush influences, imo.

Also, also, what is your opinion of their cover of The Trooper? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDryjvqO0_I

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Belkin View Post
    If I really enjoy Welcome Home, what other CnC songs would I like. Recommend me some, go!

Edit: I downloaded Three Evils because Uryuu said it was his favorite song and it definitely isn't the style I expected. I guess I like the dramatic/heavier stuff.
    Yeah I know what you mean. To be quite honest, I don't think they have any songs as epic as welcome home. That intro is the kind that makes your hair stand on end, hehe. (It's even more amazing live.)

But in terms of similarity in the solo's and etc I'd try "Willing Well IV: The Final Cut." Long song but it's got a lot of the harder guitar and things of that nature.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I love Coheed dearly. I have all the albums and my ex sent me all of the comics when she got them signed by the band. I saw them live when they were on tour with A7X (great show, even though A7X is never going to be what it used to be, back in the Sounding the Seventh Trumpet/Unholy Confessions days).

Some of my friends are trying to get into it too but this is Texas and some people just cant get over his unique vocal style lol. I love all their songs but the one that has the most meaning to me is The Final Cut

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Not sure if you'd like this one either but:

Crossing the Frame = win.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Welcome Home is the only song I listen to by them... the lead singer just annoys me :/ sosry.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmerize View Post
    Welcome Home is the only song I listen to by them... the lead singer just annoys me :/ sosry.
    You're in the wrong thread my friend!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

As epic as seeing Welcome Home performed live was, its kind of a shame that most people only know about Coheed through that guitar hero/rock band commercial using it. I have to admit, the first time I heard Coheed was during the summer of 06 on MTV2, when they were still playing A Favor House Atlantic. I hated the hell out of it because I thought it was just another whiny ass band for little teen girls. The more I heard it the more it started to stick, and eventually I read up on the story of the band and I started to really get into them. From there, and from the moment I saw Claudio perform the final solo of The Final Cut live with a violin bow on his guitar, I knew they were a fav.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    You're in the wrong thread my friend!
    Haha yeah :/ well I mean, the songs that I've heard by this band, aside from Welcome Home, really didn't change my opinion about them. Maybe if I listen to other songs I may be more inclined to agree with you guys.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Laude Valiquette
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Like others have said, the only song I really listen to is Welcome Home, and no, I don't play Rockband or any of that crap.

I don't hate them, I just haven't really bothered to take the time to listen to any of their other stuff.

That Iron Maiden cover is badass though.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Been a Coheed fan since I was 14 when I picked up Second Stage Turbine Blade. (I'm 20 now.)

Seen them live twice before, loved it both times. Claudio's hair is even more amazing in person, haha.

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 is my favorite album by far.

Three Evils (Embodied In Love And Shadow) is definately my favorite Coheed song.
    Yeah I liked In Keeping Secrets and Second Stage more than the recent albums.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Street View Post
    Yeah I liked In Keeping Secrets and Second Stage more than the recent albums.
    Agreed as far as the albums as a whole.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Been a fan for like 3 years now. Unfortunately, I never keep up with their tour dates so I always miss out when they are in town.

they're gonna be at lolla, can't wait.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I used to love the shit out of Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1, but now I just find everything they do pretentious and annoying. Except for The Final Cut. That song will always be awesome.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Just announced the new album, not digging the name.
    Hey Everybody,

Happy Holidays and all that. We know you have been waiting patiently for Coheed info for 2010, so we hope this fills your hunger for now:

Our new album will be titled, “Year of the Black Rainbow,” and is set for release in April 2010 and will be followed by a headline tour of the US, and then on to Europe and the UK for festivals and such.

As most of you know, the new album will be the “Origin Story” or “The Prequel,” and likely the final story of the ongoing concept story of “The Amory Wars”

With “Year of the Black Rainbow,” we will be releasing a deluxe package that includes a NOVEL OF THE SAME NAME. Not a graphic novel, but a full 300+page prose novel, which will tell the origins of Coheed and Cambria, and much more. There will be no mystery to this story, you will be able to explore it like never before. Presales will start near the end of December, exact date and pricing to be announced soon.

Producing this record is:
    Atticus Ross http://www.ninwiki.com/Atticus_Ross
    And Joe Baressi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Barresi

They have helped us evolve our sound to be more powerful and dynamic than ever and we think it’s definitely our best work to date.
    Some song titles are: “Here We are Juggernaut,” “The Broken,” “Pearl of the Stars,” and “Guns of Summer.”

Co-writing the book with Claudio is Peter David http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_David

The album will be released through Columbia Records/Sony in North America. For the rest of the world, Sony has licensed the rights to Roadrunner Records, who we feel will better make our music available in those territories, and opening up the potential for us to come to countries we rarely or never have been to before. We are very excited.

Can’t wait til you can experience it.
    Peace, Co&Ca
    But a novel cowritten by Peter David is pretty fucking awesome.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

fucking

win

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server