+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BG Wine thread.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

BG Wine thread.

I prefer a sweet white wine... What about yourself?

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Big fan of a decent Merlot if we talking reds, as for white it has to be Chardonay. Though to be fair these days I'll drink pretty much any old plonk.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Chardonnay preferred, but no alcohol is wasted on my watch.

i enjoy the refreshing and crisp taste of a sauvignon blanc from new zealand~

for red i usually go with a shiraz

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

I love my Australian wines -- Margaret River, Hunter Valley, and Barossa reds, Hunter Valley & Mudgee whites, etc.

My favourite "bring to events" wine would have to be Brokenwood Cricket Pitch because everyone loves it, but really any reds from the Margaret River or Hunter.

But, being an Aussie, I'm terribly biased, and haven't really tried much outside Australian and NZ wines (sorry Kiwis, yours are fairly inferior to ours, more expensive and not as nice I even went to Waiheke Island but wasn't too fussed). Moving to Belgium soon so I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to try some French wines!

The wifey and I enjoy Upside Down Merlot (from Australia).

It's like $6 a bottle. Price does not always denote quality.

Our favorite is Coppola Claret (Cabernet).

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Gewürztraminer wine is one of my favorites. Merlots too. A nice crisp White is good sometimes too.

Gunitsoldier

Was hoping it was a typo in the title and it was a whine thread but alas. Red > white tbh.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

im too busy being a man to drink wine. no offense archie

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Chuyu View Post
    but no alcohol is wasted on my watch.
    that said, local beer, local wine. If it's not made within a 4 hour drive, not interested.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I like new world reds, and I chill them too because I am the fucking wine anti-christ.

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For whites Pinot Grigio, Reds Pinot Noir.

generally can't go wrong with that. Though Rose is enjoying a comeback lately.

Kinda surprised Archibald hasn't posted in this thread yet.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

The only wine I enjoy drinking without a meal is ice wine. There are a few good brands up here in the Pacific Northwest, one of my favorites is Mission Hill. The vintages I've bought are all extremely sweet but acidic, which imo is an absolutely delicious combination.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Only white I care for is Pinot Grigio but will of course drink anything. I prefer reds but always just let my GF choose and I've never been disappointed. I always laugh when the waiter comes out and tries to let me sample the bottle. I just tell them to let the lady sample since all I care about is if the bottle is full.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

chardonnay tastes like horse piss, and ive got extensive horse piss drinking experience. then again im not really a fan of whites at all, i guess riesling if anything.

its all about the reds, i like em pretty much depending on the situation. i find cabs to be kinda boring unless the bottle is expensive. love shiraz and malbec. pinot noir in the summer is win.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Anything red, in the medium price/taste range. I'd prefer a red that was slightly too sweet to one that is slightly too dry. White wine is alright, but almost always outmatched by a comparable red. Pink wine is for ladies only.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi View Post
    chardonnay tastes like horse piss, and ive got extensive horse piss drinking experience. then again im not really a fan of whites at all, i guess riesling if anything.

its all about the reds, i like em pretty much depending on the situation. i find cabs to be kinda boring unless the bottle is expensive. love shiraz and malbec. pinot noir in the summer is win.
    This is pretty much my sentiment, aside though I do drink a lot of cabernet. I will always choose red, but what kind depends on my mood.

Lots of good shit from Australia that's for sure. For normal everyday meal drinking I buy Turning Leaf, cause it's good for the price.

You can find something good in any varietal you try.

I typically tend to pair with what I am eating. Since I am a steak guy I typically will drink a Cabernet. Be it a Stag's Leap, Cakebread, ZD, or Silver Oak

If I'm eating chicken/fish I'll drink a Chardonnay or Pinot Noir.

If I'm just lounging around and want to enjoy a glass of wine, I'll typically open up a sauvignon blanc.

Someone also mentioned a Gewürztraminer which is a nice wine also.

I typically enjoy the Drier, more acidic wines to light and sweet. One of the advantages of living very close to Napa is that there is no shortage of great wineries around.