+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 317 FirstFirst ... 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic: The Gathering     submit to reddit submit to twitter

That's not a surprise at all. Most people cherry pick what they want and aren't really interested in bulk outside of lands or x4 sets. And don't try to sell to a Card shop. Physical or online. They won't give you crap. Your best bet is probably just ebay or on here to people with good rep. Now I could be completely wrong and more might have better options that has just been my experience through selling/buying and what I've seen. I'd even be hesitant to use Magic/Card forums or craiglist just because it's easy to get screwed without a security system in place.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ive heard stories of buyers on ebay scamming sellers, so i avoid them. There is one shop i regularly sell to being card kingdom, but they sort of have their own market type thing going. So sometimes theyre paying well and sometimes its fairly low, so i check them out once in a while to see if their buylist has changed but other then that they are super reliable to sell to. (i live within driving distance of them so that also plays a part i guess).

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Ebay/Paypal is a non-starter anyway. I have a strict "fuck paypal" policy.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Ebay is fine, so long as you stick to sellers who have 1,000's of positive reviews and almost no negative feedback.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

If you have any GPs around you, you can unload some of your bigger singles there ( I guess depending what you consider big) but as a standard player, I sold stores liliana's for 30 when she was selling for 35, gideons for 15 that were selling for 17.5...etc

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Someone on Reddit pointed out that there is a big change to Blood Moon/Magus of the Moon in the Iconic Masters notes (scroll down to Magus of the Moon).

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...tes-2017-09-11

If a nonbasic land has an ability that applies "as [this land] enters the battlefield" or that causes it to enter the battlefield tapped or with counters, the land will lose that ability before it applies. This is a change from previous rules.
    Shocklands enter untapped.
    Dark Depths enters with 0 counters.
    Cavern enters without naming a creature type.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It looks like GPs in L.A. are a rarity, usually San Jose or Seattle or Vegas. Can't travel much anyway, no car, and lugging around a nearly full 5k BCW box on public transport is lol.

I just finished re-sorting my collection by set (the last time I touched it it was for deckbuilding, so color>type>CMC), looked at SCG for the sets I have and anything over $10, only pulled seven cards, and the best of them topped out at $50.
    So no, not much I'd consider "big singles". I always had shitty pack luck, and could never afford to buy many packs.

I wonder if I should put together a google doc of what I have, or use one of the collection tracker sites.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Dark Depths enters with 0 counters.
    Oh no baby what is you doin

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

oh man, that's hilarious. abrupt decay or any bog-standard enchantment removal just became a combo piece for DD versus blood moon decks! alternatively, blood moon decks could find a way to blink it to take advantage themselves.

BG Level

Too bad it is banned in Modern :c

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I mean you can already solemnity your DD so this isn't that crazy

BG Level

Of course it is, since it gives you double sources to combo. It still isn't good.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's another option for doing it. The biggest impact will be in Legacy since Blood Moon will no longer be as good against Lands. There's also brewing potential in Legacy and Vintage. How good those decks will be remains to be seen.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe I didn't get my point across but meant it's not really a crazy combo considering said combo already exists in an easier form lol. And well already have 3 different cards that can combo with DD without need of a 3rd card 2 of which that don't require specific order of playing. Current lists are still rather susceptible to BM but if they do try to force a clunkier version of the combo in they would obviously be designed in such a way to make BM less back breaking especially in the main deck. Though if you could blink it would be kind of crazy... combo and protection in 1. Hmmm wonder what other lands are effected in potentially good ways by this. OH man now that I think about it gemstone mine gets owned by BM now

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I went to a single pre-release. I lost round 1 and decided I didn't want to spend 2 hours playing for 2 packs, so dropped and went home. Magic Online has spoiled me.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unstable spoilers are coming out, and some of them are goddamn hilarious.

I need a high res version of the Earl of Squirrel art asap

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i missed the original un-sets when they released, do people typically do drafts with these? seems like it could be a lot of fun, but also $100 for a box seems a bit steep for joke cards.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Drafts or cube with them are insanely fun, tho a lot of times you need a ton of extras lying around for cards like Chaos Confetti.

BG Level

Most people will do it once, and then never again. There is a reason that they are jamming those full-art lands into the set: no one buys this trash, esp. for the same price as a normal pack.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Most people will do it once, and then never again. There is a reason that they are jamming those full-art lands into the set: no one buys this trash, esp. for the same price as a normal pack.
    This set has more than that according to an mtg spoiler site:

Every booster pack has a foil token. Half of them are tokens from Unstable and they have a humorous ad on the back. Half are from outside Unstable (aka normal black bordered Magic) and have full bleed art of the token on the back.