BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    So, I'm a big fan and heavy advocate of Reddit. /r/Magictcg is an absolutely abysmal sub. If you post anything remotely offensive or even mention the (very accurate) topics that MTGLion/Unsleeved Media/Alpha Investments bring up, you just get straight up banned. If you mention EV or how bad a set is, you get down-voted or straight banned. This is a major issue, since the lead over at Wizards recently said that he gathers his feedback from that sub. The sub is filled with awful SJWs.

This has changed A BIT, given just how awful M25 looks. Most of the negative comments earlier in the week that were getting down-voted are now getting up-voted. I think people kept thinking, "hey, its got to get better at the end", and it only got much worse.
    Man, Rudy from AlphaInvestments is great. I'm not even sure how I stumbled on to his channel tbh. I haven't played Magic for about 15 years (I regret selling all my cards that long ago though... they'd be worth thousands now) but his channel is fucking amazing tbh. I even support him (albeit at the $1 level) on Patreon. I really, really enjoy his financial videos and have learned quite a good bit from them. He's a real dude and he loves the game so much, it's hard to see why anyone can hate him. Maybe just envious of what they can't have, I guess. The man busts his ass and is incredibly smart.

Even his box openings for patrons, when they get something really good, you can tell how excited he really is just by listening to him. It's quite fun. I don't know shit about the new cards (I think I stopped played after 7th or 8th, idk) but you know when something is good by listening to his reaction.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Wizards and Reddit do not like him because he thinks Wizards needs to mass fire the designers, esp. Maro, and shake things up. Same as I suggested. He also is usually the first to leak their product runs and he can individually influence box prices.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Wizards and Reddit do not like him because he thinks Wizards needs to mass fire the designers, esp. Maro, and shake things up. Same as I suggested. He also is usually the first to leak their product runs and he can individually influence box prices.
    Maro has a ton of fans though. He comes across as an ass most of the time but I guess that's what they like about him.

edit: also getting This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread. message here...

BG Level

Casuals like him cuz he is quirky. His decision making and the direction he has taken the game is nothing but for the worse.

Banned.

BG Level

I love
    me some astral slide.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Since our good friends at reddit are banning any sort of mention of it, here are the dominaria release notes (translation from chinese, but the effects are discernable.)

https://pastebin.com/H3RQxXcw

Karn, Teferi, and jaya are the set's planeswalkers.

Reprints: Innistrad checklands, siege-gang commander and thorn elemental (at least from what i could discern.)

The set has a "legendary matters" them, along with fungi, and wizards. Also has Discipline enchantments that do 3 things in sequential order. One of them destroys all land on 1, then 2 and 3 return 2 lands from the gy to battlefield per turn for example.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Krishna Kahn

{ 4 }

Legendary planewalker ~ Kahn

+1 : Shows two cards at the top of your library. Any opponent chooses one from them. Put the card on your hand and banish another card with a silver counter on it.

− 1 : Put a card that you own and has a silver counter on it from your exile zone.

− 2 : Send a 0/0 colorless structure artifact artifact creature, and have “If you control one artifact, this creature gets +1/+1 .”

* Derivatives sent by Kahn's last ability count themselves, so it is at least 1/1 .

* Kahn is colorless but not an artifact. Kahn is not counted as a structural derivative sent by Kahn’s last ability.

-----

Yaya Ballard

{ 2 }{ Red }{ Red }{ Red }

The legendary planewalker ~ Yaya

+1 : Add { red }{ red }{ red } . This magical power can only be used to cast instant or sorcery spells.

+1 : Discard up to three cards, then draw the same amount of cards.

− 8 : You receive the words “You can cast momentary and sorcery cards from your graveyard. If the cards cast this way are put into your graveyard, replace them with the emblem”.

* The magic power generated by Yaya's first power can be used to cast any number of instant and/or voodoo spells.

* You choose how many cards you want to discard when Ya Ya's second ability resolves. As long as you are happy, you can choose to use this method to discard zero cards (and then draw zero cards).

* Yaya's emblem only allows you to cast moments and magic cards from your graveyard, and will not allow you to use them for other things. For example, you can't circulate instant or sorcery cards with circulatory abilities from your graveyard.

-----

Dominaria Heroes Thaifil

{ 3 }{ white }{ blue }

Legendary Planewalker - Taifei Li

+1 : Draw a card. At the beginning of the next end step, reset both places.

− 3 : Place the target nonland permanent at the third position of the top of its owner's library.

− 8 : You get the badge with the words “Whenever you draw a card, banishes the target’s permanent from the opponent”.

* At the end of the next step, you need to decide which two places to reset.

* You select the target for the triggered ability of the Tiffany emblem after seeing the card you have drawn.

-----

Planeswalkers if anyone cares, not going to quote every single card.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Holy shit their track record on leaks is something bad. I want to read through that link but it's clearly google translate engrish.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

eh, looks like reddit finally allowed discussion on it so there are better translations now it seems. I just felt the need to post it at least somewhere since the major outlet was hushing the leaks.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

**Stabilization Orb** - 2

Artifact

If a land would produce more than one mana, it produces {C} instead.

Spells cost 1 more to cast for each other spell cast by that spell's owner that turn.

God Damn, that's some serious fucking sideboard hate.

BG Level

Makes sense since they said they weren’t banning anything from Storm in Modern because of a card in Dominatia. Also lol st the number of ppl banned on that fucking awful sub because of leaks today.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

man that is some hateful shit right there lol. shame the top ban killed the n-post archetype, this would've been a sweet fuck-you piece to run in the board against those decks. they used to be pretty common here a couple years ago.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Also fucks up Tron.

BG Level

Good call, I was drunk and didn’t even think of tron. This fits very well into UW modern. Now I need Japanese Foil ones...fuck.

Llanowar Elf back in standard is a good sign.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Wizards tribal bolt and counterspell seem perfect with snapcaster.

BG Level

Eh no way. Not remotely good enough for Modern. Snap usually just trades or gets killed off immediately.