+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 317 FirstFirst ... 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic: The Gathering     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Yeah, whatever trick they can do to get players to pay full price for joke cards. Most players will just buy lots of the Tokens and Lands and otherwise completely ignore the set.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah it's fun and the art is cool but screw paying anywhere near full price for a set you will hardly ever be able to play with that in all likelihood they didn't spend as much time/resources creating since don't really need full storyline to go with or testing to see how it goes in competitive etc.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Will they make fatpacks for this set? It sucks because I do want to play it and it will be fun but I don't want to pay full price for a box but I know they will never go below that because of the lands.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

So, my friend Alex Lloyd just won the Grandprix Atlanta.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    So, my friend Alex Lloyd just won the Grandprix Atlanta.
    I'm sorry, but tell your friend to find a damned toothbrush. Shit was grossing me out watching.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I'm sorry, but tell your friend to find a damned toothbrush. Shit was grossing me out watching.
    I'll be sure to let him know lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Will they make fatpacks for this set? It sucks because I do want to play it and it will be fun but I don't want to pay full price for a box but I know they will never go below that because of the lands.
    product page only shows boxes, boosters and draft packs (3 boosters in one pack) so i'm guessing that's a no. personally i'm gonna hold out and see what happens post-release, i feel like the demand for full art land set #358 can't be sufficient to hold up prices long after the set drops.

BG Level

Far reach, but looking for the following cards that have been impossible to find:

4 FOIL + Chinese/Korean/Japanese Spreading Seas
    3 FOIL + Chinese/Korean/Japanese Mana Leak (original art only)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i don't have anything, but there is a buy/sell/trade group specifically for JP stuff on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1527696887449291/

it's quite active so might be worth asking around in there

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We did it boys. Finally living the meme

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's amazing. Well played Wizards

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Apparently all of wotcs pr budget is going to unstable. Iconic Masters comes out on Friday and has had almost no advertising.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Apparently all of wotcs pr budget is going to unstable. Iconic Masters comes out on Friday and has had almost no advertising.
    I also can't even find pre-orders on foil JP Cryptics on any god damned site, including all JP ones.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

You have to remember, iconic masters got a lot of hype around hascon, it's kind of a double release for a set

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So this got posted to reddit, this is possibly the funniest thing I've ever read in MtG, possibly aside from the guy who literally decked his opponent (knocked out, not emptied library) with Platinum Angel in play and said he couldn't be disqualified because the angel said he couldn't lose the game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    So this got posted to reddit, this is possibly the funniest thing I've ever read in MtG, possibly aside from the guy who literally decked his opponent (knocked out, not emptied library) with Platinum Angel in play and said he couldn't be disqualified because the angel said he couldn't lose the game.
    Speaking of funny mtg stories... way back in the day (odyssey block era) I knew of a guy at a tournament think it was a ptq or something. He was in top 8 and played Mortal Combat and asked his opponent if he could say it if he won with it. Somehow manages to get 20 creatures in his own graveyard and shouted out Mooooooooortal Kombat as he won the game.... only to get immediately DQ'd

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So some of you probably already know this but have you been checking big chain stores lately for mtg? Heard a lot were having clearance sales and yeah checked out my gamestop and it was 50% off an already reduced price. I'd have gotten a bunch but every last piece of product was gone. Hell most the pokemon was gone too.

Went to Target it didn't have a % off but every sign I saw for either packs or bundles of packs came out to a little under $2 a pack for sets that still MSRP for $3.99. Of course that was all sold out but they did have some of those planeswalker and weird bundles that contain some packs and randomized cards. Not really sure how much those are normally worth to comment but the packs alone in them were worth the price

Shit is cray cray. Wtf is gunna happen to lgs?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i dunno if it's different elsewhere, but gamestop hasn't really been a place to go for packs since they consolidated all of the old chains under the GS brand (which happened 15 years ago). the stores around me that even carry TCG stuff only ever have individual boosters.

target and other big box stores have always carried packs and occasionally done firesales, but that's pretty much the only time they're worth buying from since you can't buy discounted booster boxes any day of the week like you can at an LGS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's what I kind of meant. It's not normally a place to go. Hell never actually gone there for them and rarely go in there. When I do though it's usually decently stocked and normal prices and why pay MSRP when you can get a box etc. Saw them a bit under when I walked by like a week or 2 ago. So this 50% must have put them under $2. I read somewhere that some people found some under $1 which is kind of crazy.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

They were about 1-1.25 a pack here, and about 8-10 per fat pack. I was lazy and didnt jump on it after reading about it in the morning, but I had called my local gamestops that evening and they had told me everyone scoured clean their supply or had them on hold. I was sad, but not too much because i first learned of it very early and had every chance to get a bunch had I not been so lazy.