+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 317 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic: The Gathering     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Magic: The Gathering

Due to the thread in spam, figured I'd start one in a more appropriate area of the forum. Not entirely sure what to start with, so I'll see where it goes!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

There a software version of this game to connect with other people and play? Preferably one that's free and just has a database of usable cards? This shit is making me miss my old green deck from ~Urza's. Life line and null brooch and some other shit I can't remember, would like to try to rebuild it. Was by far the most fun deck I ever played with. Had so many different options in it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Download Apprentice / 10th Edition Patch at Magic-League seems to be something like what I was looking for. Perhaps I'll build a deck at work today...

EDIT: Seems a new set comes out next week or so.. perhaps I'll take some time to familiarize myself first with this shit again. Been a good 9 years since I've played last..

Also, I am furious that Black Lotus is like, $700 now even in poor condition. Mine wasn't great but it was pretty decent, and I sold it for like, $260..

I have yet to determine how this makes me feel about the mox jet I had that got ran over in a parking lot (I ended up giving it away when I quit).

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Yeah, that thread over in spam piqued my interest a little in the game again....probably because I no longer play ffxi. Contemplating downloading MTGO, or hitting up some of my old playtesting buddies to see if they are still playing. I don't own any cards any more, but it would be fun to dabble around with, especially in the legacy format.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Gonna try to build my favorite old deck (was type two at the time), perhaps you can form something up and we can go about a game or two.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh yeah apprentice is pretty good. I need to update mine. I've played a few people on BG with it, was pretty fun :D. Although you have to do all the phases manually

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Well, I got my deck back together as good as it's gonna get any time soon, I think, heh. Wouldn't mind playing with it. I'll be damned if I remember anything I had in sideboard though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hmm, well then. If you wanna play lemme know. Can PM if you wanna try it out.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I still have a decent binder of rare cards, plus boxes full of commons and uncommons in the closet. Unfortunately I sold most of my stuff about five years ago when I needed rent money - had all kinds of rares dating back from Unlimited through Odyssey block.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Good program. I use to play this with my friend who was more into it than me. I tried to make really unique strange decks like he did (his main was a time deck with time stretch as the main theme which worked really well). My favorite decks I made was Solarion (most successful) and Wall deck (hilarious). Tried to make a Darksteel Reactor deck but it is such a pain to get it to work...

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm a fully unqualified deck doctor. I specialize in Vintage with a minor in Extended/T2 and I spout off random Casual nonsense from time to time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm not bad at type2 and some extended. I didn't play through scourge->time spiral though :/.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wizards is changing some of the rules... Kind of confusing and dumb now, gdi.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    I agree. I quit playing around Fifth Dawn and just start picking up some cards here and there to see the new sets and I'm still not completely sure how Planeswalkers work.

Quote Originally Posted by Narse View Post
    I have yet to determine how this makes me feel about the mox jet I had that got ran over in a parking lot (I ended up giving it away when I quit).
    You're better off not looking it up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

I <3's me some astral slide.

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

I wish I could find the link for the madness deck that got me 3rd in a PTQ a few years back (2004 maybe? PTQ for Philly, tempest -> mirrodin blocks)

5-0-2 in the swiss rounds, apparently no one game planned for it! The field was full of The Rock, Goblin Sligh, 3 color Desire, Reanimator, and Ravager affinity, and I smashed them all until some dude got lucky with Desire in the semifinals and combo'd me out on his last turn to live 2x in a row, after I took the first game.

I downloaded MTGO last night, but I might just build a paper vintage madness or u/g/w birdsh*t deck to toy around with locally.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    You're better off not looking it up.
    It was abused to hell and back. Short of being physically torn or ripped into two or more pieces, it was quite impossible for it to be in any worse shape than it was in. It definitely wasn't in playable condition, but I had a collector's edition mox jet I would proxy in for it in colored back card sleeves and nobody I ever played had an issue with that.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    I find them far less confusing. You have no idea how frustrating it is when your deck works with damage on the stack rules and you're playing a friendly game with somebody who doesn't understand those rules and thinks you're cheating. I enjoy exploiting complex rules but "damage on the stack" was so counterintuitive for new players that it had to go.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    I find them far less confusing. You have no idea how frustrating it is when your deck works with damage on the stack rules and you're playing a friendly game with somebody who doesn't understand those rules and thinks you're cheating. I enjoy exploiting complex rules but "damage on the stack" was so counterintuitive for new players that it had to go.
    It's been like, 8 years since I played. Refresh me on how this works.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Wait.. they got rid of damage on the stack?!