+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

2009 College World Series (baseball)

Anyone going to be watching this? It starts Saturday.

My alma mater will be making their fourth straight appearance, having finished 2nd, 2nd and 3rd the last three years. Maybe this is our year! Our main bat, Ackley, just got picked #2 in the MLB draft, and our ace is projected to go top 10. I'm actually going for the first five days.

Go Heels!

Old Merits
    BG Level

cal
    state
    fullerton

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

On a related note, we've had 2 of our incoming recruits picked in the top 9 picks - Donavan Tate and Jacob Turner.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nothing like taking some study materials down to the ballgame and studying while watching a Friday afternoon spring game. I did that a number of times in college, but of course it wasn't until the year after I graduated that my school had a three year run as a national power.

There's so many things to like about it, and it has one of the best postseason formats around. Double-elimination tournaments are a format I prefer more than single elimination or best-of-7. I'm bummed that college baseball isn't more popular than it is. I will probably end up watching more college world series games than actual world series games, but I know I'm in the vast minority.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Baseball is such a shitty sport

Ridill
    BG Level

The best thing to come out of College Baseball is guys that throw right handed and bat left handed, and therefore become un-fucking-believably amazing to have around for team disc golf.