+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Evangelion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Komm Suesser Tod View Post
    Why, why are you glad?
    Because Asuka is like the worst character in Evangelion? I thought I made it clear on how much I hate her in this thread.

Anyway, manga's finally restarting again after the...I don't know...2 year hiatus?

Gendo's so fucking awesome.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/z...11/eva02-2.jpg

lol i hope this just place holder cause it doesn't fit but I don't care who shiniji ends with as long we don't get lets kill everyone ending.

with talk about that masterbating scene frankly I hate it soo much as it didn't help story and SADAMOTO Yoshiyuki had right idea to change it to Asuka being insane and almost strangling shinji to death (hand better effect in my opinion) were he felt really alone, helpless and who he cared the most almost killed him.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I really, REALLY hope the EVA series make a return now. I can't wait to see how that will all play out. I still can't get over how fucking amazing rebuild 2.0 is, it's such a slap in the face to the people who thought this was going to be a faithful retelling of the story lol.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

there's a manga? iDumbass

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

there's a mange? iDumbass
    there is quite alot in fact here my personal favorites

-Evangelion By SADAMOTO Yoshiyuki it follows the TV series while giving more explanation on characters motivations (14 years and ongoing still lol) you can buy the 11 Vols from Viz or just read them online for free

- Evangelion: Ikari Shinji Ikusei Keikaku By TAKAHASHI Osamu It pretty much turned the 5 minute shiniji dream of alternative universe into a series only 7 chapters translated but an ongoing series with 50+ to date. here the artwork style
    http://h.imagehost.org/0290/2_png.jpg

-Evangelion: Gakuen Datenroku By MIN Min took from baka-update Shinji Ikari attends the NERV Foundation Academy and lives a life of relative normality. One night he encounters Rei Ayanami and Kaworu Nagisa fleeing the scene of a violent explosion and is eventually recruited to assist them and Asuka Sohryuu Langely in fighting the Angels, who have taken on human form, in order to retrieve their cores to support the world tree, Yggdrasil. Should the Yggdrasil die, their world would be thrown into a chaotic state where parallel streams of existence collide, eventually bringing about the destruction of all things. so far 16 chapters translated and another ongoing series it's worth checking out.
    http://h.imagehost.org/0852/02-03.jpg

they are alot of joke Eva all around if you fan of those here is one i saw recently today for all Asuka hater ( I like Asuka btw)

http://g.imagehost.org/0664/7_png.jpg

Black Belt
    BG Level

Gakuen Datenroku is like Evangelion meets Persona.

Spoiler: show
    Also, if that centaur unit is a unit 02, that really doesn't mean anything of Asuka's status, since Mari pilot of the unit 02 after Asuka supposably dies on the second movie, so could be just a repaired/customized unit 02 for her, since she's kinda fucking insane in piloting it

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Already been spoilered on a lot of stuff in this anime but I'm enjoying watching it for the first time. It's not as bad as everyone describes yet but I'm sure I'll hit the masturbating/mutilating soon enough.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Most people likes evangelion until the last part

Then it's either you hate it, or you tried too fucking hard in your symbolism interpretation shit.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Evangelion ending will either depress or impress you as it's mix bag that split anime community and with other debates as who Shinji should have ended with Asuka or Rei but I find it funny the Manga I read that have Gainax stamp of approval always ends up with AsukaXShinji as a couple.

Black Belt
    BG Level

The manga sadamoto's drawing been leaning toward Shinji x Rei, so is the rebuild series too.

But yeah, angelic days and i think shinji ikari raising project is asuka route based, which is bleargh

A. Body
    BG Level

here's an actual question for the eva ending haters, do you guys think if the series ended semi-satisfyingly, it would've achieved its legendary/iconic status it enjoys now?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

SADAMOTO work (which i love) has no indication he will strive off the TV series+Movie root so i'm almost sure it'll end with Asuka as last surviver of human race along with shinji.

The re-built movies are really hard to give a solid review when we have two more movies to go and the second movie changed so many of the important story elementals while adding new ones so it'll be interesting to see what road Anno will decided to take but i'll only mention this the new character Mari is so out of place and i really dislike her as she contribute nothing to story.

A. Body
    BG Level

Spoiler: show
    saw the monologue scene of the fifth child on the moon, hinting at, and i'm hoping, that the looping world concept rumor (ala haruhi endless eight) is true, or at least some kind of parallel universe deal that connects back to the original series, which means 3.0 and 4.0 might be revisiting the 2.0 timeline with different events, thus asuka would not be dead

the movie shinji reminds me of the retake doujin shinji, i like it so i don't mind if they borrow the worldview ideas too haha

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

here's an actual question for the eva ending haters, do you guys think if the series ended semi-satisfyingly, it would've achieved its legendary/iconic status it enjoys now?
    Pretty much No but i'm glad cause of this move we have 6 manga approve by gainax, thousand of dojo, god knows how many hentai's and 4 new movies but i still hate the ending to this day so it's a love and hate relationship for me lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Pretty much No but i'm glad cause of this move we have 6 manga approve by gainax, thousand of dojo, god knows how many hentai's and 4 new movies but i still hate the ending to this day so it's a love and hate relationship for me lol.
    are we talking about the ending to the original series or the ending in End of Evangelion

I LOVED the ending in EoE... God, I loved it. And watching Asuka get chopped to pieces was awesome! (note: I'm not an Asuka hater, I mostly just loved how she kept repeating I'll Kill You... had so much hate/anger it was mmmmmm good)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

are we talking about the ending to the original series or the ending in End of Evangelion
    Talking about The End of Evangelion but I really like AsukaXShinji as couple but i didn't like how the movie ended them as last two human races heck I would have accepted ShinjiXRei or whatever as long as it doesn't involve watching 50 minute of everyone dying cause of Shinji but Asuka pretty much sumed up movie ending by saying "I Feel Sick" cause that what i felt.

Ps i know the deeper meaning of it but doesn't mean i have to accept it ;p

A. Body
    BG Level

was talking about both

and you don't realize what rei and asuka each represent at the end of EoE when shinji had to choose, do you? i mean that's the reason me and my friends hated it before it was explained to us

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I feel really dumb now when it comes to evangelion.

what did rei and asuka represent? lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

i know but i wish i didn't have to suffer with death ending thats all i'm saying or better yet wish the choices were better but let see what the rebuilt path will be

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    I feel really dumb now when it comes to evangelion.

what did rei and asuka represent? lol
    well how much of eva's worldview do you already get? do you understand shinji's dad's goal? SEELE's goal? the angels' goal?

when i first watched it i was like 15 and didn't take the series as anything beyond a mecha anime, so i had to be explained a lot of the philosophy/religious bs before the end of eva even came out (cuz i was pissed at the original ending)

i remember that a friend gave us a full play-by-play of the movie after we first watched it, which was rather exciting at that time, but obviously i can't do it for you cuz i don't remember all the scenes and i don't have the time

in short, Rei represents the end result of all three "goals" i mentioned above, even though none of those parties actually imagined it to end up like that, it is the next step of human evolution, which in the eva world is also the utopia in which all adults seem to hope for and work toward

Asuka on the other end represents the innocent heart of a child, symbolized in shinji but surpressed and twisted throughout the series by his own sense of responsibility and those around him. It's somewhat selfish and naive, but that's how humans at this stage of evolution have to be, and ultimately that's what shinji chose to remain as

in a way i guess you can say the happy ending everyone wishes for is the series' original ending, that everyone would live together and happily ever after like shinji wished, but given the worldview it would be impossible, and that's what you should take that episode as: nothing but that whimpy kid shinji's dream

didn't actually mean to type this much yet it still is a very crappy explanation, and it's pretty much my intepretation of the ending. If you really wanna learn more about it i'm sure there are plenty of well written words on the subject out there. Personally i think the ending is a ton of bs but also brilliantly crafted with a master plan as long as you are willing to explore it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast