+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Evangelion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

giant mecha anime heroes are supposed to be hotblood young studs who beat the shit out of all his enemies with an arrogant smirk on his face all the time, that's why gurren lagann is on everyone's top 5 fav anime of all time
    you may be shock but i stopped watching that anime after EP 15 to me it ended there and yes i know the WTF ending dick move by Gainax (yet again), not only they killed my fav character but second one was so pointless. This why i consider Gainax the company who must give you the fuck you endings.

Gurren Lagann is one of my worse anime list actually LOL

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    So I finished up to 26 in the Director's Cut style episodes and I was just angry. Angry that the story left itself unresolved and we were simply given a psychological foray into the mind of Shinji for like 2 straight episodes. That's not an ending, that is something that can lead to a great ending, but it's not an ending. Congratulations! Congratulations!Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! NO, you deserve no congratulations, you failed to do anything right this entire time and now we have to say congratulations because you realized you have to grow a pair and not let people dictate your life and shape how you view yourself? Really? God.

So I said fuck it and watched the End of Evangelion which I guess is an alternate ending? Way better....if it ended at 25. But no, I had to watch the second one. Asuka is dead and Shinji is still being a little bitch saying he won't pilot the Eva. No wait, he's piloting the Eva now somehow and he's throwing a tantrum because Asuka got eaten by the shit in GRT's avatar. New Flash dumbass, she's dead because you were a pussy for the last 2 episodes and failed to do anything, you sack of useless shit. More shit that didn't make sense, wonderful. Rei is turning into a giant angel. Telling Gendo she's not his puppet, yes! And then proceeding to do exactly what Gendo wanted? The fuck? So everybody on earth is dead, and the Eva came to life with his mother's spirit and went off into space, cool. Now Shinji is alive on the dead earth with a comatose Asuka. Alright, so he gets a new start with Asuka and him alone, whatever, cool. No wait, he's fucking it up already, he's chocking her for god knows what reason. What the hell? Okay, she was alive and he just killed her and now he's crying again. Why does this bitch always cry, he fucks shit up and then cries because he is fucking shit up. No wait, her eyes moved, she's alive and she said something. End.

What. The. Hell. Neither of those endings made any real sense to me, it's like whoever made these endings was trying to be overly symbolic and deep and it just felt so forced. I think it's a stetch to call those endings good, although I'd love to hear the perspective of someone who thought they were, or an explanation as to what exactly I missed in all that bullshit.

edit: Mostly, I just hate Shinji for being the main character, being a useless piece of shit, crying about every god damn thing and saying 'I'm never going to pilot that Eva again!' at least 20 times, and everytime not sticking to it. The little guy couldn't do anything right, he was easily the most annoying, unlikable main character I've ever had the displeasure of watching. I can understand how people relate to him, but I hated him, right until the end.
    Agree with you 100%. Shitty characters peppered with near meaningless symbolism.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    you may be shock but i stopped watching that anime after EP 15 to me it ended there and yes i know the WTF ending dick move by Gainax (yet again), not only they killed my fav character but second one was so pointless. This why i consider Gainax the company who must give you the fuck you endings.

Gurren Lagann is one of my worse anime list actually LOL
    ur a fgt

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I'm download the first Rebuild thing, You Are (Not) Alone, is there a timeframe we can expect english subs for the second one You Can (Not) Advance? It came out in June but I don't know if that was straight to DVD or whether it was shown on television or in theaters. If it was straight to DVD I suspect we can expect it relatively soon, otherwise I hope someone here has an idea. Really excited at the prospect of alternate endings.

Black Belt
    BG Level

second movie isn't coming to DVD for another good 6+ months.

The notion that an evangelion movie would be straight to DVD is just downright insulting to the entire series >_>

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    second movie isn't coming to DVD for another good 6+ months.

The notion that an evangelion movie would be straight to DVD is just downright insulting to the entire series >_>
    Eh I know it's bad to say that about movies but I have no idea how these kinds of movies work in Japan. They probably have special theaters for them or some shit that I'm unaware of. Thanks though, kind of stinks it'll be 6 months.. are they related at all or are they all independent alternate endings/retellings of the story?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

kind of stinks it'll be 6 months.. are they related at all or are they all independent alternate endings/retellings of the story?
    I'd say wait until movies are done then pass your judgment on either and Movie 3 won't come out for another 2 to 3 years.

They probably have special theaters for them or some shit that I'm unaware of
    Nah they are shown like any other movie in japan but forgot the amount of Theaters it had if any

A. Body
    BG Level

i like how many people think anime is some kind of cult subculture in japan like it is elsewhere

it's not, anime is one of the major, if the THE major, mainstream entertainment in japan, you are thought as weird if you don't watch any anime, like if you don't watch any tv shows in the u.s.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Here my thought on Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance, it's very hard giving a solid review when story isn't finished and mind you with all the nitpicking i still think it's a very good movie that everyone should see.

Good:
    -Movie one had a pathetic minor alteration and added scene while second had a ridiculous 70% added scene and 20% alteration.
    -higher production value than first movie.
    -New angel designs.
    -Kaworu shocking introduction.
    -Pen Pen had more screen time ^.^
    -Tokyo 3 more flashed out than TV series
    -Shinji only cares for Rei which a welcome change
    -The film's climactic ending.

Bad:
    -same as first movie needs to have seen the entire Evangelion TV series and EOE movie to connect the missing pieces.
    -Mari feels pointless, could easily replaced her with Asuka and would had the same effect especially in the Final battle.
    -Replacing Toji with Asuka as pilot of UNIT-03
    -Toji death would have had a higher emotional impact.
    -Killing Asuka then bringing her back in movie 3 (I hope there is a good point for it)
    -Shinji affection for Rei looks forced and outplace.
    -The kids signing in Final scene

Ps i still think Mari will turn out be an Asuka Clone and I don't care if Shinji chooses Rei in the final movie

Black Belt
    BG Level

Fuck that shit, mari > asuka.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Anyone reading the manga on onemanga? Apparently new chapters were uploaded on July 9th, and the ending is a bit different from the anime. Very weird actually. Is there information on when the rest will be coming out because it ended as Shinji was about to pilot the Eva after Misato and Gendo saved him. Yeah, Gendo saved him, weird right?

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Magus, for fucks sake, spoiler that shit.

i just read it myself before checking this thread though.

Spoiler: show
    gendo with an AT field wat

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I posted that pic in the last random thread....or was it this current one

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Just finished You are (Not) Alone and it ended pretty open ended so I guess they are all just one big retelling. Pretty awesome, to be honest. I loved the new animation and the way it looked. Very polished.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Fuck that shit, mari > asuka.
    If you love Mari that is fine as everyone is entitled to his/her opinion so to me she is literary an Asuka copy in sense just replace her scene as Asuka and Bam same effect(beside her incounter with Shinji).of course this all base on the second movie as Anno could easily give her a better scenes to flush out her personality and identity in Third movie.

Just finished You are (Not) Alone and it ended pretty open ended so I guess they are all just one big retelling. Pretty awesome, to be honest. I loved the new animation and the way it looked. Very polished.
    If you thought that then wait and see what they did in second movie it'll blow you away.

PS GRT since your a bigger Evanglion fan I'd like to hear your opinion on Mari

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i really wanna watch 2.0 but i dont know a whole lot of JP
    does the cam rip i've heard about have some subs?

or does everyone except me happen to know JP :V

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    i really wanna watch 2.0 but i dont know a whole lot of JP
    does the cam rip i've heard about have some subs?

or does everyone except me happen to know JP :V

Sadly no sub for now but I wouldn't recommend watching the Cam rip unless your a die hard fan, I'll watch it in Theater in Japan if still running in 2 months.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I seriously do not understand what is taking so long to get a sub, I thought there were some crazy EVA fans out there..

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I attempted to watch the cam rip but the quality was just absolute fucking shit. Just wait until it comes out on DVD, subbers had it uploaded really fast as soon as it came out to DVD. Took about 9 months? IIRC

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yea thats another thing that turns me off to watching cam rips is the quality D:

I love evangelion, so I make sure to only watch the good stuff
    was close to cracking and watching the cam rip though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast