+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Recomended Drama Animes?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Either my definition of drama are skewed, or you fuckers are now just throwing random animu and labelling it as drama.

The more tits and panties pops up in an episode, the less likely the said series is a drama.
    The very definition of "drama" is very broad...dramas fall between tragedy and comedy styles.

IF we want to, we could nit-pick the drama sub plots of Mai Otome, because there is some in between the fighting and transforming girls

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Elfen Lied. Bebop.

Ghost in the Shell:SAC is sorta drama, I guess. Kinda hard to define "drama". You could even consider TTGL drama if you wanted to.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Shigofumi, Tales of Memories/Melodies, Welcome to the NHK were some of the most emotional animes for me. Shinigami no Ballad wasnt bad either if you enjoy Shigofumi.

None of them had great production value, and I can imagine certain people not liking them at all.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Finished watching Gankutsuou, it's more on the gay side of the spectrum, but it has some pretty good drama.

It's based off the count of monte cristo, though the artstyle isn't really easy in the eye, and like I mentioned earlier, gay.

Haydee <3 though, can't get enough of docile doll like girls~

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    It's an all-girls "military" school of sorts. You lose your ability to serve if you're not a virgin, so to cope some of the girls have some lesbian tendencies.
    When did this become a Hentai thread? lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    When did this become a Hentai thread? lol
    While I kinda would like to see a hentai spinoff, there was only one scene relatively close to something from an ecchi/hentai anime

Mae

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Finished watching Gankutsuou, it's more on the gay side of the spectrum, but it has some pretty good drama.

It's based off the count of monte cristo, though the artstyle isn't really easy in the eye, and like I mentioned earlier, gay.
    On the contrary, I would highly recommend Gankutsuou. The art is unique. In fact I can't recall an anime in recent history that has as much style and sophistication as this. As for drama... The count is easily one of the best drama characters in literature. From early on, it's apparent how twisted he is, yet you can't help but want him to fully execute his revenge scheme.

not sure if these fall under what you're looking for, but would recommend :

Samurai-X: Trust and Betrayal

Air

Mushi-Shi

Welcome to the NHK

I also second that recommendation to watch Welcome to the NHK. Excellent anime right there. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    While I kinda would like to see a hentai spinoff, there was only one scene relatively close to something from an ecchi/hentai anime
    Scenes between Tomoe Marguerite and Shizuru or Nina and Sergay final scene?

Plus, everyone here, I'm sure, can relate to NHK Youkoso to some degree at the very least

Black Belt
    BG Level

I hated reading the manga just because how close it hits the first time I read it :/

The anime diluted a good bit of the content from the manga too.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I haven't seen the anime, but I've heard it follows the manga pretty closely, so Monster is prolly a good bet.

Welcome to the NHK does come to mind as a drama too. Witch Hunter Robin maybe. Ergo Proxy n' Wolf's Rain maybe, depending on taste. Both of those, to me, had some good episodes and all, but couldn't seem to wrap things up too well.

Most anything Ghost in the Shell, or if you're looking at movies, most anything Oshii has done.

Similarly, Evangelion could be good if you're one of the two anime fans that haven't watched it yet. Part of the reason people have such a split opinion over it is -because- it's not just giant robots duking it out.

Kino's Journey, Haibane Renmei, Serial Experiments Lain also come up as I mentally sift through my collection, lol. Lain particularly might be one to look into if you haven't watched it (it is an older one).

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Alot of the obvious ones have been said, but i recently watched Gun X Sword cause it was a streamed anime on Netflix and I really enjoyed it, very Trigun like but was a good story and was fun to watch.