+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: PSN games?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fat Princess bitches!

The Fat Princess Battle Begins This Week - Fat Princess - Kotaku

Hats will fly this Thursday afternoon, when Titan Studios' Fat Princess finally waddles her way onto the PlayStation Network.

The eagerly-awaited multiplayer game of fantasy combat and cake eating is coming with this week's PlayStation Store update on the 30th, priced to move at $15.00. For those of you unfamiliar with the title, it's a cartoonish action game in which the player wears different hats to change their classes, feeding the opposing team's princess in order to make it harder to rescue her. It's a deceptively deep game, allowing for a great deal of showboating and did-you-see-what-I-just-did moments. It's definitely worth the price of admission.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMF4oD3E0_c

I can't wait and if you can't either, imma put a jihad on you.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ugh, $15? A bit higher than I was expecting for the title. I was expecting it to be $10 at most.

It's not a title that screams 'expensive to develop' like others ones on PSN sporting the same price point.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Games You Probably Like, But Shouldn’t: Final Fantasy VII
    Thought this was an interesting opinion piece.
    The author isn't wrong that fanboys are ruining VII's actual place in gaming history, but the article is otherwise crap because he doesn't address a single material weakness with the game itself. He just heaps it all on the doorstep of the fanboys. If the fanboys are heralding VII as the pinnacle of videogaming experience, nobody who matters is listening anyway.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'm currently playing through FFVII on my PSP again after picking it up last weekend. I hope they add FFVIII & FFIX since FFVII has been purchased over 10,000x in under a month after its re-release iirc. If you're looking for PSX Classics, I would recommend Suikoden (Only $5.99, Great Price for it), Wild Arms 1,2 (Often Overlooked but a great RPG Series). For Action/Platforming games, Spyro & Crash are both out on the PSN and are fun PSX titles.

Anyone know if you can transfer purchased games from one Mem Stick Duo to another? I currently use an 8GB but I want to upgrade to a 16 GB to fit more on it. I'm thinking there should be a way but I haven't found a solid answer.

Ollieyk

Anyone tried the retail release of Crystal Defenders (SE Title) yet? I tried the demo and enjoyed it but not sure if it would be worth purchasing the full retail release.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Castle Crashers Coming to PSN – PlayStation.Blog

I still don't care about or plan to play it, but I figured someone might.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That pretty much just leaves Rez HD, Duke Nukem 3d, & Ikaruga on the XBL Arcade that I want on PSN now.

And yeah, I'm one of those guys who've been hoping for a Castle Crashers port since it came out. Bit curious if they'll do Alien Hominid at well while they're at it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

TG-16 games are on their way to the PSN;

In addition to PsOne games, Japan has TurboGrafx-16 titles in their PlayStation Store. We confirmed with Hudson emulated TurboGrafx-16 games are coming to North America too.

No specific titles were confirmed, but I would bet on Bomberman, Bonk, and the “Crush” pinball games. Four games have been released in Japan so far: Bomberman ‘94, New Adventure Island, Sengoku Mahjong, and Devil’s Crush.

Each download is PlayStation 3 and PSP compatible so you can take Bomberman and (fingers crossed) Air Zonk on the go.
    Siliconera � TurboGrafx-16 PSN Game Archives Adventuring Overseas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    That pretty much just leaves Rez HD, Duke Nukem 3d, & Ikaruga on the XBL Arcade that I want on PSN now.
    This

Also want to put my 2 cents in for Savage Moon. Its the first tower defense game ive ever played. I was hooked from the start. Its also due to receive some DLC very soon.

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Faxanadu View Post
    This

Also want to put my 2 cents in for Savage Moon. Its the first tower defense game ive ever played. I was hooked from the start. Its also due to receive some DLC very soon.
    If you liked it, you'd probably like Pixeljunk Monsters, but it is very hard. Comet Crash is great also, and puts a little twist on it by having to attack the enemy back, plus it has an online option also. Crystal Defenders is on the EU store also, but again, it is very challenging.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm typically ok at tower defense, but my largest beef with Savage Moon is how much foresight you need of the maps to pass them. I usually waste 30min memorizing the initial starting waves just so I can actually restart and do a run where I won't die half-way through.
    (I could use a grid as well when placing towers so I know exactly how many turrets I could squeeze onto a small hill without having to count out the spaces in my head)

It's not always clear where the bugs will come from, and more often than not I get caught by surprise from the flying critters. At any rate, picked it up for $5 during its sale, so I felt like I got what I paid for.

And wtf @ TG-16, leave that shit on Wii VC. I ain't paying $6 (assuming they're pricing it the same as on Wii) for ancient emulated games when there's a better alternative of each of the mention starting titles (other than Bonk) already on the store. I'd understand if it was a compilation pack, but it appears they want to do individual titles? Can't wait to see weekly updates flooded in them. ;/
    (might be nice for PSP users, but then wtf are you doing walking around with an unmodded PSP when you could emulate some better shit for free?)

Pixeljunk Monsters is good fun if you got a buddy. Played it in coop mode at a friends and loved it, but I can't see myself enjoying it solo personally.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

quick question (from a non-PS3 owner)... is it possible to download games from PSN to my PSP without having a PS3? i'm particularly interested in FFVII but there's no way i'm buying a PS3.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Just use the PS Store from the PSP.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

You may also download their "Media Go" software for your computer and download and transfer the games from your PC to your PSP.

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

Looks like Braid's limited exclusive time with Microsoft has ended and it is coming to the PS3

Germany's USK: Braid jumping, running to PS3

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Long as it still isn't $15 when it comes over given it was Microsoft who dictated the price to the dev.

But then again, it's $15 on Steam so highly doubtful we'll get a break on the price for receiving it a year later.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sorry for the somewhat Necro, but since it was linked in the recommendation thread, figured should post here.

I just recently got a PS3 and am looking into what I have missed in the PSN arena. So far games I am debating on getting are Pixeljunk Monsters and expansion, Pixeljunk Eden, Fat Princess, Savage moon, Comet Crush and well quite a few...

As for Pixeljunk games, how long are they? I read there are about 20 levels and wondering if it last long enough to be worth it?

Fat Princess I tried the demo but an AI battle was just a stalemate it seemed and the limited online was 2 vs 2 which was less than inspiring. Is it as great as the hype was as I heard about it having issues after release but been fixed supposedly.

I listed 3 Tower defense games, which would you suggest is the best? Or any I missed? The more challenging the better.

Any other online games I missed? I read Warhawk was good, but wouldn't mind more detail if you have experience with it.

And since the last post on here was 6ish months ago, anything new to look for? Hard to sort though the many titles to determine which are worth the money as I could easily see myself spending way to much if I didn't try and narrow it down some. What Shojin did was very helpful as gave some info rather than just a title. (As shown below)

Spoiler: show

Quote Originally Posted by Shojin View Post
    I have a ton of PSN games, minus a few that didn't interest me (like Brain Age etc). So feel free to message me with which ones interest you and I can give my honest opinion of them.

But a few I would recommend, but really depends on what type of thing you are in to:

SuperStarDust HD (great shooter, multiplayer)
    The Last Guy (fun game, but gets VERY hard on later levels)
    Flower (amazing visuals, and does a good job stirring emotions)
    Calling All Cars (A fun little game, good to play with friends)
    Pixeljunk Monsters & Eden (Pixeljunk series have a good reputation and are very fun)
    Crash Commando (2D shooter, fun game to mess around with)
    WipeOut HD (Lots of content, and comes with possible Platinum trophy, however it is very hard to get it)
    Savage Moon (If you love tower defense games, this is a good choice)
    Comet Crash (Again, tower defense game, but this time you attack back! I enjoy this game a lot)
    Rag Doll Kung-Fu (A fun game to play with friends, not so much solo)
    Bomberman ULTRA (It's Bomberman!!!)
    High Velocity Bowling (If you like these types of games, it can be a lot of fun, multiplayer/online also)
    Wolfenstein 3d (Old skool fix!)
    Zen Pinball (I've always loved pinball games, so I am slightly biased, but it comes with 4 tables and is a decent game)
    Age of Booty (Found it to be a lot of fun, a little pirate ship strategy game)

Games I've bought and regretted:
    Blast Factor
    Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    Puzzle Quest
    Noby Noby Boy (weeeeeeird game, but I bought it to support the creator, he's an awesome guy)

savage moon is great

Is Crystal Defenders available on PSN yet? That's probably my favorite tower defense game on consoles

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    savage moon is great

Is Crystal Defenders available on PSN yet? That's probably my favorite tower defense game on consoles
    Crystal Defenders is on PSN, but I already have it on my iPod Touch and got perfects on all of the maps :D Was great fun and took a lot of strategy to beat. One of the more difficult ones.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

yea crystal defenders