+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: PSN games?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

the one with chris/jill in the mansion is pretty good, it's more puzzle oriented than action, and definitely has an oldschool RE1 vibe to it. It'd be a lot better if you could carry over your stats/weapons from the main game. I haven't played the other DLC yet.

Keep in mind if you want to play RE5 eventually with Move you'll need the Gold edition, which comes with the 2 DLC addons for free.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know. Back when I picked up RE5 the assumption was both editions were getting Move, so I nabbed the vanilla edition when I found it for $13 new, going under the assumption that at that price, I'd wait for a sale on the DLC, and it'd all end up less than if I waited a year or two for Gold Edition to hit the $29 price point.

$6 for a couple hours of enjoyment (well, probably more since I'll want all the trophies >.>) doesn't sound too shabby at all.

Shame to hear about the weapons thing. Going to be a bitch beating it on professional without my infinite-ammo on everything.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bumpity bump.

I've been wondering if anyone has played Cho Aniki and has anything to say on it? I'm tempted to pick it up for the wtfery, but I wouldn't mind hearing if it's more than just an average shmup if you ignore the visuals.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Alundra and Arc the Lad just got confirmed for PS1 classics. Coming out on Tuesday (12th) for $5.99 each. Apparently Arc the Lad 2 will be coming very soon too. They also posted a short bit on releasing more RPGs for PSN and how many sales are required to make it worthwhile:
    It's more a question of "is it worth the effort"? It's a complete pain in the butt to get older titles licensed and ready for PSN. If they only sell 5,000 or 10,000 or something, it's hardly worth it after everyone takes their cut. If we're selling 20 or 30k units (which is completely reasonable for an RPG at these prices and with the PS3 installed base), and up, it makes sense to keep grinding away at the other titles we're working on and maybe even get some PS1 content that was never localized translated for first-time release. There are lots of possibilities, but they all hinge on sales of these first few titles, since they don't get a whole lot better than this. If these won't sell for $5.99, nothing will.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409581
    Anyone who didn't play Alundra really owes it to themselves to check it out. If you like Zelda chances are you will love it, though it's far more unforgiving.

Oh fuck yeah! Probably getting both of these, lol

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Hah, I already own both on disc (And Arc 2 & 3 to boot).
    Wish they'd start putting up games I didn't have =\

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'll assume Minis go here as well?

Gamevil’s homage to classic RPGs is coming to one, actually two,
    more platforms. Zenonia received the iPhone to PlayStation Minis
    port treatment and will be available on the PlayStation Store this
    week.

Zenonia stars Regret (seriously, that’s his name) who can be an
    assassin, paladin, or a warrior. It’s possible to be a hero assassin
    since player choices determine whether Regret will fight for good
    or evil. In case you missed it, we posted a trailer with our coverage
    of Zenonia’s DSiWare port just a few weeks ago.

Like all Minis, Zenonia is PlayStation 3 and PSP compatible.

oh wow, that's really sweet. Hopefully it's a good port

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hope they can keep the price low, but I doubt it'll be $3 like on the AppStore after ERSB and Sony's licensing agreement for minis are done with. I wouldn't mind playing it on the larger screen without my thumbs covering shit up like on my Touch when I tried the demo a long time ago. Just hope PS3's PSP emulator can keep a consistant 30fps on this.

Will be a great addition to the minis section at any rate, as that section has been painfully dry of real content for quite some time, consisting mostly of overpriced AppStore ports or games just asking too much for what they're worth.

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Alundra and Arc the Lad just got confirmed for PS1 classics. Coming out on Tuesday (12th) for $5.99 each.
    I looked for both of those on PSN Store last night, didn't see them? I was going to pick up Alundra right off, it was one of my fav games on PS1.

I'd still like to see Brave Fencer Musashi on PSN some day.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I saw them both on Canada's PSN selection in the New Releases section. Not played either, but after checking out some gameplay vids of Alundra I'm tempted to purchase that.

Kinda makes me wish Sony would allow 15-30min trials on PSX games so I could at least demo them.

kinda wish sony would have demos of everything, like xbox live. No demos and a retarded pricing structure for minis makes them beyond retarded, at least compared to Xbox Indies

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    No demos and a retarded pricing structure for minis makes them beyond retarded, at least compared to Xbox Indies
    Sony charges the publishers for bandwidth usage since they don't have the majority of active gamers paying yearly to help cover the costs themselves to make mandatory demos feasible.

I doubt we'd ever see a drop in price for minis though with the ESRB requirement putting a good overhead on top of everything, which likely prevents bedroom coders from bothering when Microsoft's XNA is a hell lot cheaper ($99/year + $200 for 360) than a PSP dev kit alone ($1500).

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just letting everyone who bought Scott Pilgrim: The Game that there is new DLC out for 1.99. It lets you play as Knives Chau, who is essentially just a far better looking headswap of Kim; almost all of her standard moves are the same as Kim's. She seems to come with a damage boost similar to Negascott. Her Striker is her mom, who stops enemies and can have them turn around. Knives' Tech 1 is useless, slow to come out, no guard break, no invincibilty frames, small hitbox, regular damage. Her Tech 2 is the most broken move in the game though; you jump in the air and throw 3 knives that explode on impact. Unblockable. Chainable. Huge range. You can do 100+ damage in one use with it. provided all 3 connect, which is easy to do. With enough Speed and if you're In The Zone, you can actually use it to rise off of the screen.

The DLC comes with 3 new achievements; catch 25 weapons thrown at you with Knives (easy to do, just find some of the blonde haired blue jacket guys in 1-1 at the very beginning and just let them throw shit at you), beat the game in 90 minutes with Knives (I managed to beat it in 110 minutes starting at level 1 on my first runthrough with Knives, beating the game first then just starting again from 1-1 is the easiest way to make it happen though), and headstomp 10 times successfully with Knives (this is a gold trophy- the stomps must be counted as connected hits, and you can't touch the ground between them. If the enemy blocks, it breaks your chain.)

I made a video to illustrate how to get the gold trophy easily; you can view it here.

The DLC is well worth the 2 bucks, imo

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

More Arc the Lad is due to hit PlayStation Network soon. After the
    PSone classic original hit the service last month, Gaijinworks has
    announced plans to deploy Arc the Lad II and Arc Arena on
    PlayStation Network next week (November 23), for $5.99 each. A
    bundle with the two will be sold for $8.99.

Arc the Lad II is a sequel to the classic RPG featuring over 50 hours
    of gameplay, if you combine the main quest and sidequests.
    Importing your save from the first game with the 50-level dungeon
    completed allows players to access a “significant and compelling
    part” of the game that is otherwise inaccessible.

Arc Arena allows players to take the monsters they’ve captured in
    Arc the Lad II and have them battle in tournaments.

RPG fans be on the lookout November 23, when the two games
    release.

fuck my ass sideways -.- Got a new debit card and POL just will not accept it. I've taken all the extra spaces out of my name/address, and all that jazz and basically everything else that google has come up with, meh

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Metah View Post
    Just letting everyone who bought Scott Pilgrim: The Game that there is new DLC out for 1.99. It lets you play as Knives Chau, who is essentially just a far better looking headswap of Kim; almost all of her standard moves are the same as Kim's. She seems to come with a damage boost similar to Negascott. Her Striker is her mom, who stops enemies and can have them turn around. Knives' Tech 1 is useless, slow to come out, no guard break, no invincibilty frames, small hitbox, regular damage. Her Tech 2 is the most broken move in the game though; you jump in the air and throw 3 knives that explode on impact. Unblockable. Chainable. Huge range. You can do 100+ damage in one use with it. provided all 3 connect, which is easy to do. With enough Speed and if you're In The Zone, you can actually use it to rise off of the screen.

The DLC comes with 3 new achievements; catch 25 weapons thrown at you with Knives (easy to do, just find some of the blonde haired blue jacket guys in 1-1 at the very beginning and just let them throw shit at you), beat the game in 90 minutes with Knives (I managed to beat it in 110 minutes starting at level 1 on my first runthrough with Knives, beating the game first then just starting again from 1-1 is the easiest way to make it happen though), and headstomp 10 times successfully with Knives (this is a gold trophy- the stomps must be counted as connected hits, and you can't touch the ground between them. If the enemy blocks, it breaks your chain.)

I made a video to illustrate how to get the gold trophy easily; you can view it here.

The DLC is well worth the 2 bucks, imo
    I'm going to assume no, but does that DLC allow for online play yet?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No. The patch that came with the DLC supposedly added drop-in play though (vs. going back to the main title screen to add more players), but I've yet to test it since I'm already sick and tired of the game thanks to a broken trophy that didn't get fixed in said patch.

Did anyone get Prince of Persia: Sands of Time HD btw? I'm mainly curious if Ubisoft had their port team go back and actually enhance the visuals, or if they just slapped a higher resolution on it which I've already done years ago on the PC releases I own.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

No, no online play yet like Kaisha said. Also, what broken trophy are you talking about? I have 100% trophy rate on Scott Pilgrim

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Chaudown trophy is well known to glitch up easily if you ever play your data and get multiplayer involved at any point. I've yet to come across a fix short of deleting your saves and starting from scratch, which I'm not doing again after having already beaten the game five times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast