Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Dynamis Tavnasia (Megaboss fight questions)

Our Dynamis LS does Tavnasia routinely - always farming. We have our strategies down and do rather well. However, we are thinking about getting titles for our members.

I have read all of the relevant Tavnasian threads here in the strategy section. Also checked out the Dynamis Bums strategy tips. To save our lives we can't seem to get by the Umbral Diabolos without agro'ing at least three. My questions:

1. Has anyone agro'd all four Umbral Diabolos and then attempted to zerg one?

2. Is it worth killing one of (say four) multiple Diabolos? If I have read the threads here correctly, it seems you get one of three titles but not Dynamis-Tavnasia Interloper.

3. Is it truly random which Diabolos you get or is there a placement scheme? Say we aggro all four. Is diamond always the one farthest away on the Miseareaux Coast side? Is spade always the closest on the Lufaise Meadows side?

4. Is kiting really an option? When we have tried in the past, draw-in occured and our kiters slowly died off. We did come very close to killing 1 of 4 before the wipe but it was a "spur of the moment" thing and not planned.

5. How long does it take your shells to run the gauntlet of Umbral Diabolos one by one? When you do run, do you just "react" or do you wait for the "right moment"?

6. I read an old thread where it was stated that if you lose to Diabolos the time ??? never spawn even if you kill the correct eye. We always farmed before going FTW so never tried it the opposite way and go for the win then farm.

Thank you in advance.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

1. It's not worth it, at least in my opinion. Even with the reduced HP, having four active Diaboloses causes too much chaos and AoE to be worthwhile.

Also, once you start to engage a Diabolos, any other Umbral Diabolos NMs disappear. I don't remember if it's an immediate despawn, but this rules out aggroing only a couple Umbral Diaboloses at first and then aggroing the rest later in an attempt to clear all of the Diabolos NMs.

2. You receive "Dynamis-Tavnazia Interloper" by examining the ??? after clearing one of the Diabolos NMs, the same as every other Dynamis zone. I believe you receive "Nightmare Awakener" if you are in the alliance after killing Diabolos (similar to "Lifter of Shadows") and you should get "Confronter of Nightmares" after viewing the short cutscene at the Hieroglyphics in the Safehold after you win.

3. The placement is not random after you aggro an Umbral Diabolos, but that is moot because it is completely random which Umbral Diabolos will become which Diabolos after being aggro'd.

4. To a degree, kiting is an option with each Diabolos. It's obviously harder to kite Spade when it's spamming Sweeping Somnolence (causing AoE damage and gravity) and Nether Tempest, and all the rest use annoying AoE damage specials or -ga.

If you attempt to take any Diabolos past the rocks leading back towards the doorway, you will get drawn in. You cannot kite any of the NMs into the main area.

5. The best answer is "as long as it takes." You have to make sure each person understands that:

- Each Umbral Diabolos aggros by sight, not by sound
    - Don't "select" any of the Diabolos NMs (ie., like you would examine a ??? point)
    - There's FOUR of them, not just one
    - Don't just follow someone or else you'll aggro

It's OK to aggro one Umbral Diabolos.
    It's difficult, but still plausible to aggro two and win.
    It's very difficult (possible, but we have only done it once ever) to aggro three and win.
    Aggroing four means you were retarded and should feel ashamed at your inability to pay attention.

Sending people across one-by-one is usually the easiest way to make sure people are paying attention to their own movements and not just following someone else. It does take time though, especially if you aggro more than you want to and have to abort. Make sure you have contingency plans in place so you can salvage your remaining time if you have to drop Diabolos as a target.

6. The time extension ???s spawn normally. We've aggro'd and lost to Diabolos intentionally when testing its draw-in rules and were able to obtain the time extensions in the zone just fine.

Edit:

Let me clarify my response to #1: if you are doing this for the first time, it's definitely not worth it. Focus on getting one (or two) only, get your members to the point where you're making sure they understand WHY they want to aggro as few as possible, and go for the win without trying to waste a whole lot of time if people make mistakes.

I cannot rule out the possibility of being able to kill all four at once, and I very vaguely remember hearing some claim that a linkshell did pull it off a year or two ago but didn't get anything for it. I think it's difficult, but not quite on the order of magnitude of difficulty as some of the other things in this game. You'd need good preparation, solid alliances, and maybe a little luck to be successful.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Those rice farmers are vicious.

In case you didn't cwutididthar look how he spelled Tavnazia

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Badkarma View Post
    Those rice farmers are vicious.

In case you didn't cwutididthar look how he spelled Tavnazia
    lmfao

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just so you're aware: some of the Diabolos mobs DO sleep by Repose or Lullaby. Which ones, I could not tell you because we've only ever had multiple Diabolos's pop one time where we actually tried to kill them (and it was a long time ago so my memory of it is a bit foggy). That appears to be a little-known fact that could potentially be VERY helpful.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

That is very helpful. Better than having to deal with all 4 to start.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Teorem View Post
    Also, once you start to engage a Diabolos, any other Umbral Diabolos NMs disappear. I don't remember if it's an immediate despawn, but this rules out aggroing only a couple Umbral Diaboloses at first and then aggroing the rest later in an attempt to clear all of the Diabolos NMs.

I'm confused (and this is relevant to us because we're hoping to get the peeps without valk through asap). I've done Tav with my old shell (never won, came close once).

If you can get one person through to aggro one Umbral to pop a random Diabolos, could you then have them engage it, die, despawn the other Umbrals and have everyone else run through? Or will it depop? I assume this isn't possible, it seems too simple...

When we tried (long time ago) getting everyone through took a long time and going one by one was best. I seem to remember though that we got into trouble because we engaged one diabolos, nearly killed it and there was another one on us from somewhere.

Think someone who hadn't got through and was told not to bother, aggroed it trying to get through anyway. Which makes me wonder whether the Umbral Diabolos mobs will depop or whether they aggroed earlier and it linked. I don't have a clear memory cos we pretty much wiped at 1% and it was chaos.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I may be mistaken, but I am fairly certain the Diabolos would despawn after the person who engaged it dies. I do recall a run in which we attempted to clear, failed to, got back up and had to spend the rest of the time farming because the Diabolos was gone.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    lmfao
    Shut the fuck up.

is the draw in effect from running too far drawinga or just draw in single target? also, how far do you need to run to trigger the draw in effect? clear to the circle? into the tunnel? if it is drawinga, is it possible or practical to send 1 person in to aggro diabolos, then trigger drawinga to force everyone past the umbral diabolos incarnations minimizing the risk of fighting multiple?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I am fairly certain the Diabolos would despawn after the person who engaged it dies. I do recall a run in which we attempted to clear, failed to, got back up and had to spend the rest of the time farming because the Diabolos was gone.
    You're right. Once the Diabolos lose aggro, they depop very quickly.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What about having a kiter go through? If all the npcs depopped, it wouldn't take long to run to them and help them - if they had SS and shadows up, it seems like a RDM/NIN could hold it NP long enough to get a healer there.

Or just have a tank and healer go.

(Never done diabolos bosses, just talkin hypothetical based on what's been said)