BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2

I did a search for this but didn't see anything in the results....forgive me if I'm blind and missed it somehow. I'm interested in possibly picking this up to play for 360, but I'm not sure if it's worth buying. Any of you guys played it, and if so is it good? Ign.com gave it 5.5 out of 10 but I've grown to not trust their opinion and would rather hear firsthand from my peers their opinions.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Like Dynasty Warriors and Gundam? Then get it I have it and I have about 50+ hours in it at the moment The real plus for me is the new part system and the addition of Mobile Armors. This game is much improved over 1. If you don't think you'll spend time with it or feel bored a lot then rent it but if you're like me and love it regardless buy it.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Love Gundam but never played a Dynasty Warriors game...and there's not too many Gundam type games out there, that's why I was iffy on getting it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hmm I say rent it then just to try it out to see if you like it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

rent before you buy if you've never played a DW game. I personally enjoy it, but I've also been a fan of the DW titles since the 2nd game.

have it for ps3 and love it its about the only good gundam game ive ever played tones of different suits and pilots to use and mix and match tones of fun

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

The first game was the first DW game I played and I enjoyed it. I really only liked Gundam Wing when I started, but the UC timeline and other gundams were pretty cool too. The first one did get a little repetitive after trying to grind through all the pilots, but from what I've read the second game is much better. But like insanecyclone said, maybe try renting it first.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I always liked DW & Gundam is the only Anime series I've ever had an interest in, the first game smashes them together pretty well but I hear the 2nd one tears it up, I'll prolly pick it up to give it a shot sometime.

loved it. so much has been added from dw 1 and it takes a considerable amount of time to get 100% achievements. it seems like they put more thought into the side missions this time plus being able to drive the ball is awesome

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh and I forgot to add:

Rank 4 part missions can kiss my ass shit is hard if unless you're extra fucking careful.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Oh and I forgot to add:

Rank 4 part missions can kiss my ass shit is hard if unless you're extra fucking careful.
    What do you get with rank4 parts? i have the hyaku shiki with all rank 3 parts at 100 in all stats but i see rank 4caps at the same stats or am i wrong?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    What do you get with rank4 parts? i have the hyaku shiki with all rank 3 parts at 100 in all stats but i see rank 4caps at the same stats or am i wrong?
    Addons like zero range etc not sure if they go over +100 but on the rank 4 parts for the grunts that I have it's only attachments added to the part(s).

edit: can i has correct sentence

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh cool new missions 1-6, was alright, 7-10 now..

So lets play mission 7:

Oh cool kill 100 enemies in 2mins to survive and kill a commander to advance more? AND YOU GET TO CHOOSE BETWEEN BOTH MUSHA LICENSE FUCK YES.

But wait hey damnit hey timer slow down DON'T YOU DARE REACH ZERO I NEED 35 MORE KILLS...FUCK YOU. Commanders hit like a damn truck too and their not worth the effort because you're pretty much forced to kill 100 at each zone to stay alive with the timer going down fast as hell.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Oh cool new missions 1-6, was alright, 7-10 now..

So lets play mission 7:

Oh cool kill 100 enemies in 2mins to survive and kill a commander to advance more? AND YOU GET TO CHOOSE BETWEEN BOTH MUSHA LICENSE FUCK YES.

But wait hey damnit hey timer slow down DON'T YOU DARE REACH ZERO I NEED 35 MORE KILLS...FUCK YOU. Commanders hit like a damn truck too and their not worth the effort because you're pretty much forced to kill 100 at each zone to stay alive with the timer going down fast as hell.
    Just did mission 7, its a bit easier than i though. I used the turn A with overdrive,high tension and dg cells for my character skills. believe it or not with the double atk item i was able to take 2 gundams with 1 SP attack. ohh and another thing try to concentrate on time at first let the commanders come to you just keep moving from area to area until they pop near u and u can take them out

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ok so I'm doing Amuro's storyline and am stuck at the 4th mission where you gotta kill a giant robot in space....and I've died 3 times in a row to it. Angry and giving up for the night.

I downloaded the demo of DW: Gundam 1 and played a bit as Heero (only option they give) and decided I had to run out to Best Buy to get DW2 lol.

wing zero is not as overpowering in 2 as it was in 1 sadly

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    Ok so I'm doing Amuro's storyline and am stuck at the 4th mission where you gotta kill a giant robot in space....and I've died 3 times in a row to it. Angry and giving up for the night.

I downloaded the demo of DW: Gundam 1 and played a bit as Heero (only option they give) and decided I had to run out to Best Buy to get DW2 lol.
    Yeah you need patience to kill a Mobile Armor until you get better parts and the Small Giant(do more damage to the big guys) skill. You can also musha in the air now I'm not sure if you could do that in DWG1 because I never did it. Just hold down the attack button until it fully charges and fly jump to it and hit it when it gets closer to you, it's what I do. Hold down X and hit RB a number of times, you'll be jumping until you get near him, and attack him and fly back unless he falls down then keep attacking until he's either dead or repeat the stuff.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Can you use Tallgeese? If not I don't care about this game.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    Can you use Tallgeese? If not I don't care about this game.
    only epyon and zero from Wing according to wiki.

also:
    Official Mode, which chronicles the events depicted in the Universal Century calendar of the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise
    is it a requirement for every gundam game to use this story line? this is why I stay away from most all the gundam games.. it's the same exact suits with the same exact missions

Infinite justice gundam is the most retarded name for a gundam ever.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Example: Char and Amuro Story mode

You play as one of the two that you select and finish their UC missions then you will unlock their Char's counterattack versions to finish and after you finish it with you can use them in Mission mode.

I like the Destiny gundam in this game so I have Shinn at about lv48 right now I plan on maxing everyone so I won't have to touch this again unless I'm bored someday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast