+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Obama bans clove cigarettes and other types, nothing of value lost.

Obama signs tobacco regulation bill into law - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama , who still struggles with his own addiction to cigarettes, on Monday signed into law the most sweeping federal anti-tobacco legislation to pass Congress in decades.

The law gives the Food and Drug Administration broad authority to regulate the marketing and manufacture of tobacco products. It bans fruit- and spice-flavored cigarettes, slaps expansive new warnings on packages and gets rid of the monikers "light" and "low-tar."

It also allows the FDA to order manufacturers to reduce — though not eliminate — the amount of the addictive chemical nicotine that's in cigarettes.

‘(A) SPECIAL RULE FOR CIGARETTES- Beginning 3 months after the date of enactment of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, a cigarette or any of its component parts (including the tobacco, filter, or paper) shall not contain, as a constituent (including a smoke constituent) or additive, an artificial or natural flavor (other than tobacco or menthol) or an herb or spice, including strawberry, grape, orange, clove, cinnamon, pineapple, vanilla, coconut, licorice, cocoa, chocolate, cherry, or coffee, that is a characterizing flavor of the tobacco product or tobacco smoke. Nothing in this subparagraph shall be construed to limit the Secretary’s authority to take action under this section or other sections of this Act applicable to menthol or any artificial or natural flavor, herb, or spice not specified in this subparagraph.

Trendy kids can't smoke their djarum blacks anymore! Fuck!

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

will it have any effect on shisha or however you spell it (the stuff for hookahs)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I welcome this news. Didn't know about the banning of flavors

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

That is fucking retarded. I smoke Djarum because they burn slow and taste great.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I don't smoke at all but this is some retarded shit. We don't need more federal bans on stuff that doesn't need to be banned. Focus efforts elsewhere.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

And because you think cancer will be fun.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chocoboy View Post
    That is fucking retarded. I smoke Djarum because they burn slow and taste great.
    This.

Clove cigarette last almost twice as long as normal cigarette...

Guess I gotta just get my family to send some from indonesia now.

Ridill
    BG Level

I laughed that part of the law now is the warning label has to be even bigger now.
    I hate smoking, but seriously, the warning label was never going to stop anyone from smoking.
    why is smoking so aggressively attacked anyways? alcohol causes a lot more, and a lot worse problems, and theres not even a small warning label on that.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    why is smoking so aggressively attacked anyways? alcohol causes a lot more, and a lot worse problems, and theres not even a small warning label on that.
    lol

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

I thought this was a joke thread due to brothers smoking menthols

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

hurhur lucky i have families in indonesia, now i can sell Djarums/Dji-Sam-soe for 3x the price to craving college kids

Black Belt
    BG Level

I don't get the need to ban cloves/specialty cigarettes, but I do like the FDA being in a position of oversight for tobacco products.

Does this effect cigars?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

You like the FDA because they do such a good job overseeing new drugs entering the market?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    You like the FDA because they do such a good job overseeing new drugs entering the market?
    the FDA has plenty of problems but I don't think they'll be allowing some things that currently make their way into cigarettes and chewing tobacco. you know, like glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocoboy View Post
    I smoke Cloves too. Didn't start as a kid or even close to age 25. When I was younger, more peers smoked regular cigarettes than cloves. More smoked pot than both cloves and non flavoured cigs.

Kids both trendy and out of the common generic social scene will just smoke pot or malboros or camels -it wont change a thing.

Good parenting regulates what kids do, not commercials. Passing laws will never replace what his alcoholic father should have taught him and mother when he was younger and started smoking, it just gives parents more excuses to hand their kids over to the government to raise.

As for adults who want good tasting cigs, just like all the other addicting products adults are allowed to abuse, packaging will change, a black market will flourish and profits will fly high when large companies no longer offer the brands.

Cigarette related shit is only a big issue in the U.S. People in other countries (France, Japan, etc) smoke just as much as we do and still live long healthy lives.

We just eat fat ass dumb loser food here.

Edit: I really hope this doesn't effect shisha and hookah bars around here. I'm just starting to get into that stuff.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I hope all the people complaining about this change voted for Obama.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Does this effect cigars?
    I sincerely hope not. This law is ridiculous regardless (and to the poster above me, no I didn't!).

I didn't vote for anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast