BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkSammich View Post
    Lilith is Lilisette.
    edited.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Now if only people would care more about WoTG so I could finally fucking finish these nation quests and actually do these missions. Hurray for being stuck on Fire in the hole for months, and The Long March North / The Price of Valor since they have come out because no matter how long you shout no one will want to do them!

God help me if I mention it in my linkshells again, I'll get another lolwotg and "Whats wotg?".

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

i like this. this is wonderful.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Awesome, I cant wait.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Again, isn't there a shapeshifter enemy who bosses Aquillo around? I assumed that was him in Cait Sith form again. Am I just way off course?

Not really... spoilered for obvious reasons + Cait Sith info...

The one who bosses Aquillo around is Haudrale. Haudrale is the one who posed as Nag'molada and at the end of that cutscene from the battle of jueno. Haudrale mentions something about relying on "him" in the future, and we end up seeing one of the Cait's standing next to him. So yes there is a spy amongst the Caits

There are 9 Cait Siths: Naoi, Tri, Aon, Coig, Ochd, Dha, Sai, Seachd, and Ceithir. Ochd and Dha were the first two to be taken out. At the end of the CS after the battle of Jueno, Naoi, Tri, Aon, and Sai were talking and Sai decided to stay behind and wait on the others (Coig, Seachd, and Ceithir).
    After Naoi, Tri, and Aon teleported, Sai was all alone and was attacked. that leaves 6 Caits left, but out of those 6, Coig, Seachd, or Ceithir is the spy since they were not present at that last meeting. My money is on Ceithir because of his(?) demeanor in earlier cutscenes.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    I subscribe to the Ultimecia = Rinoa theory lol...
    i still believe in it because it simply makes more sense if its true. Also, because the actualy story writer did not come out and deny this. I think they asked sakaguchi, but as if he knows crap about whats happening.
    I'd say the validity of such an assumption is about the same as people's assumptions that FFVII and FFX are connected by the Shinra side-story of sorts.
    Its not official, but is implied in such a way that you can believe that it is, or the writer wants to believe that it is.. but can't outright say it.

I'm going with Lilisette = Lilith but from different futures. Lilith probably comes from the alternate reality future where the beastmen actually won the war (as seen in the "visions")
    Her reason for coming back? probably the same as ours.. to stop meddlers from changing their history...
    Kiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrr for that SE filtred infoooooooooooooo ; ;

P.D.:Makes sense tho

Banned.

BG Level

Speaking of time traveling NPCs

What might happen is that Tzee will time travel to the present at the end of WotG. This would explain why they never find her and why she is still alive despite Yagudo having short lifespans.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

time travel 30 years in the future for no apparent reason? other than maybe to see the coming of the shadowlord, but i thought the yagudo didnt care that much about the shadowlord as they had their own religion, and were simply persuaded to join forces.

or was it that the demons threatened to KFC them... i dont remember what it was exactly. i forget the yagudo storyline.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Speaking of time traveling NPCs

What might happen is that Tzee will time travel to the present at the end of WotG. This would explain why they never find her and why she is still alive despite Yagudo having short lifespans.
    I thought of that once when glancing over the Vanadiel Tribune articles on Tzee Xicu but what would be the motive? If she indeed does time travel, why not go back into the past and correct whatever caused the need to time travel instead of forward? Guess it'd have to be accidental if anything (nom nom nom maws) or simply believe the scholars that say that it's just someone pretending to be Xicu in order to boost Yagudo morale post-war.

While on the subject of beastmen leaders, anyone find it strange that Za'Dha Adamantking in the present acts more like Di'Dha Adamantfist instead of like his (S) counterpart? They are brothers and everything but does the game spell out that Za'Dha dies in the past and Di'Dha takes up the role of leader? or is this left open to speculation?

I guess the same question could be posed about the orc "leaders" (Darkheir and Bloodcrown) since they are also the targets of SCNM/Campaign OPs.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tortalius View Post
    The thing about Robel-Akbel
    is he is not Robel-Akbel and he is someone else who's trying to change the past. We know from the last quest line that he's trying to save someone, but we're not sure who.
    I am of the opinion that he is actually
    ...the semi-undead Karaha-Baruha from the future, but maybe not quite the same Bearer of Darkness in the Windurst mission series. More likely an alternate Windurst future in which he does not succeed in using Fenrir to repel the beastmen invasion.

The person he is trying to save is
    ...the Star Sibyl. I was originally thinking he was trying to save himself, but after the most recent Windurst-S quests, it's pretty clear Robel-Akbel's assistance is hastening Karaha-Baruha's rendezvous with destiny.

Interpreted this way, the Windurst-S storyline is setting up for a tragic romance of sacrificing yourself to save your love, except with a time-travel twist.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I am not sure if we are supposed to believe Bloodcrown Brradhod is the Orcish Emperor or just his son. Is it like the old world beastmen leader's dying line, to explain why you can continually fight them or what? It also curious as to why Za'Dha is used for every Quadav BCNM in the past... Well, perhaps not, since Windurst uses Tzee Xicu as well for the SCNM BC.

My memory is foggy about the Adamantking Brothers though, where exactly do we get to listen to Di'Dha for an extended period of time? Or Za'Dha for that matter... perhaps they just share some intrinsic Quadav beliefs? I will have to rewatch some cutscenes to see what you mean.

When you succeed at Splitting Heirs, it certainly doesn't seem like you've accomplished your mission either. Rasdinice seems happier when you fail (Let this catapult you to victory later! vs. Sorry to hear you failed at your mission...) All this being said, I don't think Xicu will necessarily time travel- I'd like to say we'd already see allusions to this in the present but... considering Aldo still babbles about Lion after completing ACP...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I am not sure if we are supposed to believe Bloodcrown Brradhod is the Orcish Emperor or just his son. Is it like the old world beastmen leader's dying line, to explain why you can continually fight them or what? It also curious as to why Za'Dha is used for every Quadav BCNM in the past... Well, perhaps not, since Windurst uses Tzee Xicu as well for the SCNM BC.

My memory is foggy about the Adamantking Brothers though, where exactly do we get to listen to Di'Dha for an extended period of time? Or Za'Dha for that matter... perhaps they just share some intrinsic Quadav beliefs? I will have to rewatch some cutscenes to see what you mean.

When you succeed at Splitting Heirs, it certainly doesn't seem like you've accomplished your mission either. Rasdinice seems happier when you fail (Let this catapult you to victory later! vs. Sorry to hear you failed at your mission...) All this being said, I don't think Xicu will necessarily time travel- I'd like to say we'd already see allusions to this in the present but... considering Aldo still babbles about Lion after completing ACP...
    given his dialogue in the SCNM fight, im thinking its his son.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

When you succeed at Splitting Heirs, it certainly doesn't seem like you've accomplished your mission either. Rasdinice seems happier when you fail (Let this catapult you to victory later! vs. Sorry to hear you failed at your mission...)
    Completely agree, but do keep in mind that the "catapult you to victory later" line is a generic message you get for failing any OP, not just splitting heirs.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Di'Dha Adamantfist shares the same model and job (White Mage) as the present-day Za'Dha Adamantking in Campaign however in the past (during "The Buried God" and "Cracking Shells") Za'Dha Adamantking uses a completely different model and is a Warrior-type in these incarnations instead of his present-day White Mage.

It's just weird because while Tzee Xicu and Overlord/Conquerer Bakgodek retain their present-day jobs in the Shadowreign, Za'Dha changes model and job.

What I took away from the SCNM/Splitting Heirs is that Bloodcrown and Darkheir are both the sons of the Orc Emperor who is presumably on the northern continent. Darkheir is the official commander of the Hosts and heir to the throne while Bloodcrown is the mock leader and second in line to ascend the throne. Bloodcrown's last line is:

"Ugh... Fools! Did you truly believe...that Father--His Imperial Majesty... would deign...to treat with such lowly creatures?"

This seems to imply that the whole thing was a ruse and the title "Debaser of Dynasties" implies that you've taken out an heir to the Orc empire. Darkheir's:

"To strike down the heir to the Orcish Empire.... you know not what you do."

pretty much sums up that you've killed yet another heir. The whole thing seemed to me like SE was trying to draw parallels between the royal families of the Orcs/Elvaan.

Yeah, SE isn't one to change alot of dialogue when you do something significant within the games world but defeating Bloodcrown/Darkheir in the past seems to explain why they aren't around in the present forcing Bakgodek to take up leadership of the remaining Orcish forces or perhaps they simply abandoned the invasion and retreated to safer ground.

Oh the fun of ingame lore~!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Completely agree, but do keep in mind that the "catapult you to victory later" line is a generic message you get for failing any OP, not just splitting heirs.
    I don't fail many campaign ops, whoops

Banned.

BG Level

Anyone else disappointed at the lack of special model for Doggvdegg? They were too cheap to show him even riding his bugard lol. Hopefully that changes by the next time he shows up. (He could always turn out to be a Northlands campaignNM)

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    While on the subject of beastmen leaders, anyone find it strange that Za'Dha Adamantking in the present acts more like Di'Dha Adamantfist instead of like his (S) counterpart? They are brothers and everything but does the game spell out that Za'Dha dies in the past and Di'Dha takes up the role of leader? or is this left open to speculation?
    It's kinda hinted that the current Adamantking may not be the actual Za'Dha in the book Elmer translated:

As the Quadav King, Za’Dha controls the entire Quadav army and is the strongest warrior among them. It is thought his reign has lasted over 100 years, but the custom of transferring the Adamantking title to future generations makes this measurement inaccurate and perhaps trivial.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I also think, perhaps, all that lore is made to explain why they repop once a week or whatever. And the lack Orc riding Bugards made me sad. (What is also interesting to note Doggvdegg appears in Temenos- how does he get there?)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I also think, perhaps, all that lore is made to explain why they repop once a week or whatever. And the lack Orc riding Bugards made me sad. (What is also interesting to note Doggvdegg appears in Temenos- how does he get there?)
    Pulled into the void like Gilgamesh of old? o.O That is interesting though. Also iirc some other generals appear in Limbus/Temenos like the Gigas ones?