BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I also think, perhaps, all that lore is made to explain why they repop once a week or whatever. And the lack Orc riding Bugards made me sad. (What is also interesting to note Doggvdegg appears in Temenos- how does he get there?)
    I would like for the next sit-down SE interview to contain nothing but lore questions like this one.

They would go in prepared to say the usual things like "We cannot give any hints on AV" and then get totally smacked around by these instead.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    This is the most probably theory in my eyes. If its not actually HER from the future (Which would have to be -after- our time, since Lilisette is Young during our time), Its gotta be someone related to her, Mother, Sister, etc. I mean, Just look at the update note pictures... Side by side, They look like the same damn person, The hair, The Face patern, Lilith even has the little "DNC" hand stockin crap on.

If they're not the same person, they're related, no two ways about it and if you can't read between those lines, you got problems (This last line is directed at you spira)

you've lost me lol.. i've got problems...

Its definitely not Lilisettes mom, cos her father is Sir Ragelise and her mom is Portia.
    She's a half-blood. Elvaan and Hume, and you can tell Lady Lilith exhibits the same features.
    sister.. maybe, but it would lack the same kind of punch as if she was herself from a different dimension. Story writers love to roll out the 'i am you' line in time/dimension travel plotlines...

..as to other people's point about beastmen storylines.. I wonder on those too. SCNMs and Campaign Ops give only the slightest clues as to what happens to the beastman leaders of their time..

I seem to recall a Vana tribune article on Tzee Xicu in that the current Tzee Xicu is not exactly the same as the old one, sounds different or something. I'd think some form of succession took place or its an imposter but since they're hidden behind the mask, not even the Yagudo seems to be aware...?
    Or maybe they'll explain this at the end of the Windy S quest leg. If the trailers are indicative of future CS, Tzee'Xicu will eventually pop up somewhere.. probably in the resolution of the Windy leg.
    Sandy's quest leg seems to be focused on.. the events that lead to dynamis.. and i think Bastok's quest leg is still kinda slow, although building up, considering the storyline twist involving Klara, because it will end off with Volker and Zeid defeating the Shadowlord

I'm interested in the WotG mission proper because it focuses on the time-travel storyline... the nation quests lines are clearly focused on historic events already happening. In the WotG missions im hoping they explain more about the time travelling, the appearance of Atomos and the Cait Siths, Lilith and her minions.. and so on...

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Few questions/comments. First where can I go to read up more about the lore of the beastmen.

Second, Lilith may in fact be Lilisette, perhaps she turns evil after her father dies of the disease?

Also note: wth is she the first elvaan/hume hybrid we see, I'm sure there were alot more than just her, but she just happens to be the only one we see...way to go SE.

Also I am curious where the two new avatars will play their role in this storyline since they are suppose to be intoduced in this expansion, possibly guardians of time/space?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by yodaa View Post
    Few questions/comments. First where can I go to read up more about the lore of the beastmen.

Second, Lilith may in fact be Lilisette, perhaps she turns evil after her father dies of the disease?

Also note: wth is she the first elvaan/hume hybrid we see, I'm sure there were alot more than just her, but she just happens to be the only one we see...way to go SE.

Also I am curious where the two new avatars will play their role in this storyline since they are suppose to be intoduced in this expansion, possibly guardians of time/space?
    Most of the quoted lore is taken from the old Vanadiel Tribune articles and Elmer's History of Vanadiel posted here on the forum. Alot of the quotes ingame from defeating Beastmen leaders add to the game lore as well.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Here is my #1 question so far: WHERE THE FUCK IS QUEEN LEAUTE? She doesn't die until after the war... I would really love to see the late Queen of San d'Oria >_>

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

In my opinion, your guess is close to my guess. Mine being: Lilisette says that her father suffered the same wound that he did in the war, but much earlier than before. Perhaps Lilisette wasn't conceived yet at that point in history, and the dark energy twisted and transformed her unborn self in an alternate reality created due to this rift in time, so Lilith sends her minions back in time to make sure that her existence is possible, perhaps to also snuff out her "other half."

The only problem with this is the whole "Chaos" theory from FFI, where I question how logically, a being could ever come into existence while still having the time loop severed. Of course, discounting the "It was a mere trick of fate that had given rise to the chain of Garland's wrath" cop out which doesn't really explain. Then again, time theory just doesn't make sense in general given that there are so many different theories and it's impossible to prove any one as correct.

Personally, I don't believe in the possibility of time travel, and as a fantasy writer myself, I make it a point to stay away from it since it complicates things much more than it adds to a story in a much more creative way. But meh, whatever, I look forward to the new missions and will gladly blitz through them in 2 hours time the day the update is released.

Here is my #1 question so far: WHERE THE FUCK IS QUEEN LEAUTE? She doesn't die until after the war... I would really love to see the late Queen of San d'Oria >_>
    PS2 limitations.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think WoTG is becoming a VP2 ripoff, storywise, except, there are two of the same possible antagonists but different ages.(Lilith/Lilisette).

But I like the idea of her probably being her mother too.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It's the first we have seen, but these relationships have always been hinted at or flat out shown in the game. You just don't see the offspring. There's a lot of things we hear about but never see. It took this long just to see the fabled male mithra.

We hear all about the southern mithran empire but we will probably never see it either..

And honestly, if she didn't flat out state she was half/half, would you have realized on your own? It could be that so me of the races create offspring that look so similar to one of the parents you don't notice.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    This means we won't see the climax to the storyline until November time-frame.

Did the other expansions take two years to wrap it up story-wise?
    If then. I'm guessing the October/November update will only have nation quests in it. Probably January at the earliest.

assburgers
    BG Level

Don't make me bust out the physical logistics of time travel, and the reasons why paradoxes and such are not a problem even in reality, much less in a fantasy world.

Explain why I can't set up a trust fund in the past by converting my measly amount of gil to ancient currency, then withdraw it in the future when ancient coins are worth so much more?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    I think WoTG is becoming a VP2 ripoff, storywise, except, there are two of the same possible antagonists but different ages.(Lilith/Lilisette).

But I like the idea of her probably being her mother too.
    It's not really VP2 until the antagonists actions completely negate the sequence of events that we know to be the history of Vanadiel from the Crystal War to the present.

While events seem to be happening in a different order, so far we have not seen any major changes to the timeline.

I wouldn't liken Lilith to Lezard Valeth just yet.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

GDI, im strating to get depressed, this is getting awesome but i still doubt about FFXIV, idk what im gonna do, i wanna stay here but i want to be in FFXIV as soon as it starts so i can be updated ; ;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raze Azrael
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Quote Originally Posted by Utau View Post
    GDI, im strating to get depressed, this is getting awesome but i still doubt about FFXIV, idk what im gonna do, i wanna stay here but i want to be in FFXIV as soon as it starts so i can be updated ; ;
    Yeah this is really depressing... i don't care if i lose my items and levels. I'm going to miss the FFXI storyline. There's still so much left to be covered, i really hope SE continues developing expansions. I'd like to see the mithra homeland, the Western Continent, the rest of the East, and the north continent.

I mean sure FFXIV will have its own epic storyline but it wont be the same ; ;

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Explain why I can't set up a trust fund in the past by converting my measly amount of gil to ancient currency, then withdraw it in the future when ancient coins are worth so much more?
    http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3801/xanatos.jpg

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A. Body
    BG Level

I think only 5 people will get that reference....which obviously makes it fucking hilarious.

Damn it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Or just set up a bank account in the past and accrue interest for 20 years. (Cue Futurama picture).

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Gargoyles is not that esoteric

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Don't make me bust out the physical logistics of time travel, and the reasons why paradoxes and such are not a problem even in reality, much less in a fantasy world.

Why can you communicate over linkshells, warp, deliver mail back and forth as well as moogles transfer your mog house over time?

And awesome gargoyles reference XD