+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Didn't see a thread specifically for this and some pictures were released.

‘Alice in Wonderland’ - Picture Stories- msnbc.com

Red Queen's head is fucking huge like xbox.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The girl they got to play Alice is way too old. Ugh.

If my avatar is any indication, I am a pretty huge fan of the character Alice in her many incarnations and this disappoints me greatly.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

wow this is going to be amazing I'm sure. Depp and Burton have never let me down.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i want to party with depp & burton

Stephen Fry is going to be the Cheshire Cat, unfortunately no pictures yet. Alan Rickman is in it too! =D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    The girl they got to play Alice is way too old. Ugh.

If my avatar is any indication, I am a pretty huge fan of the character Alice in her many incarnations and this disappoints me greatly.
    Nah. From what I read this movie is actually a different story. Supposed to be a sequel to the two books where Alice is around 19 or so.

Definitely gonna be freaky as hell to watch considering the way they're altering the size and look of some of the people.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

American McGee's Alice or Bust...
    I would rather see a story based on American McGee's Alice. In short, Alice goes to wonderland, and her cat knocks over a candle, her house catches on fire and her parents die and she goes insane and is forced into an Asylum. Since she's crazy and wonderland is in her mind, Wonderland too is warped and demented and she has to go back and save everyone, and by save I mean kill a bunch of characters that become warped like the Catepillar, Tweedle Dee/Dumb, and the Mad Hatter.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Johnny Depp looks like he's going to creep out of your nightmare and rape you.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

pretty awesome cast. pictures are a little strange but I'm digging it, Mad Hatter's costume is fucking awesome.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've noticed Depp has a preference for characters that wear hats. lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    American McGee's Alice or Bust...
    I would rather see a story based on American McGee's Alice. In short, Alice goes to wonderland, and her cat knocks over a candle, her house catches on fire and her parents die and she goes insane and is forced into an Asylum. Since she's crazy and wonderland is in her mind, Wonderland too is warped and demented and she has to go back and save everyone, and by save I mean kill a bunch of characters that become warped like the Catepillar, Tweedle Dee/Dumb, and the Mad Hatter.
    I've always wondered why they haven't made that into a movie yet, it sounds really awesome. Everyone has seen/read the normal Alice in Wonderland enough times already anyways.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

supposedly american mcgee's alice has been on/off as a movie for years and years now. I don't know what the current status of the project is but I'd love to see it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Marilyn Manson working on a movie based on Mc Gee's story?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

hmm... I don't see anything about it on wiki, that doesn't mean you're wrong, but I'm hoping so. not a big MM fan here.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Nekonaruto View Post
    Screw that, I want Alice with a Butcher Knife cutting up people in Wonderland, Demon Dice that pull monsters from another dimension, a croquet mallet that she can beat people senseless with, and those oversized novelty playing cards that can cut people in half. All of these things and more were in the American McGee's Alice game.

Also the Cheshire Cat from the video game doesn't get any more twisted than this:

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrarien View Post
    Nah. From what I read this movie is actually a different story. Supposed to be a sequel to the two books where Alice is around 19 or so.

Definitely gonna be freaky as hell to watch considering the way they're altering the size and look of some of the people.

Yeah see, Alice to me is always loli. A non-loli Alice just fucks with the whole premise of the story.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Loli Khan
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This looks promising but McGee's Alice was awesome. I remember picking the game up by chance for $9.99. one of the best damn $10 I spent.

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Yeah see, Alice to me is always loli. A non-loli Alice just fucks with the whole premise of the story.
    I really feel the word loli describing Alice makes it sound pedo. Given the look of the film i think an older Alice fits better anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level

as far as Mcgee's goes,
    Film adaptation

In December 2000, director Wes Craven signed on to develop a film adaptation of the game, with screenwriter John August hired to adapt the game for the big screen. American McGee had begun negotiations with Dimension Films 10 months before, with the studio committing to the project before Craven's signing.[7] In September 2001, August explained that he had turned in a script treatment for Alice and was not attached to develop fuller drafts for the film adaptation.[8] In February 2002, Dimension Films signed brother screenwriters Jon and Erich Hoeber to write the screenplay for Alice.[9] In July 2003, the brothers announced that they had completed the script for the film adaptation.[10]

In 2004 the project moved from Dimension Films to 20th Century Fox, but in 2005 Universal Pictures acquired the rights. As of June 2008, producer Scott Faye indicated the film was in "turnaround" from Universal. He admitted that the script needed development, but would be used to attract the attention of a new studio.[11]

Actress Sarah Michelle Gellar and director Marcus Nispel had both been attached to the project, but Faye confirmed that they no longer are. Rumours of Jean Marsh as the Queen of Hearts are also incorrect.[11]

[edit] Sequel

With a movie adaptation of American McGee's Alice in the make, Electronic Arts had also expressed interest in releasing a remake of the game, although initially details were unclear whether it would be a remake, an update, or a sequel.[12]

On 19 February 2009, EA CEO John Riccitiello announced at D.I.C.E. 2009 that a new installment to the series is in the works for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. It is being developed by Spicy Horse, who recently worked on American McGee's Grimm.[13][14][15] A single piece of concept art was also released, depicting Alice and large allied birds fighting an oversized, semi-mechanized snail and its children on top of a lighthouse.[16]

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Tim Burton (he can have my babies), and the amazing cast lineup for this? Oh god yes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast