+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Iminent Danger - North Korea threatens to wipe America off of the globe.

N. Korea threatens US; world anticipates missile - Yahoo! News

The Kang Nam, which left the North Korean port of Nampo a week ago, is believed bound for Myanmar, South Korean and U.S. officials said.
    A senior U.S. defense official, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was unable to discuss intelligence on the vessel, said Wednesday that the ship had already cleared the Taiwan Strait.

He said he didn't know how much range the Kang Nam has — that is, whether or when it may need to stop in some port to refuel — but that the Kang Nam has in the past stopped in Hong Kong's port.
    North Korea has said it would consider interception a declaration of war, and on Wednesday accused the U.S. of seeking to start another Korean War.

"If the U.S. imperialists start another war, the army and people of Korea will ... wipe out the aggressors on the globe once and for all," a dispatch from the official Korean Central News Agency said.
    So... can we bomb them now?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Page Two doesn't exist.
    It's so hard to click that little '2'
    Or search.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/76897...les-nukes.html

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Eh, this might be worthy of its own thread considering the scale of it and the fact that they are launching a missile at Hawaii in a week.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by senoska View Post
    Eh, this might be worthy of its own thread considering the scale of it and the fact that they are launching a missile at Hawaii in a week.
    Wut

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by oldoldman View Post
    Wut
    There was some report/rumor that they were planning to launch at america on 4th of July or close to it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I really cannot understand the sheer stupidity of Kim Jong Il. This retard is going to get his whole nation glassed. What the fuck does this idiot want?

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads View Post
    I really cannot understand the sheer stupidity of Kim Jong Il. This retard is going to get his whole nation glassed. What the fuck does this idiot want?
    Doesn't it have to be a sandy country to get glassed? And isn't Hawaii out of reach of NKs missiles?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    There was some report/rumor that they were planning to launch at america on 4th of July or close to it.

I'm pretty sure its not just a rumor. They've flat up said they are doing it and warned everyone to get the fuck out of their waters that week because they're launching it.

Old Merits
    BG Level

North Korea is like...it's like being in a room with a bunch of people (ie the nations) and one crazy guy (north korea) with a gun that only has one bullet (a nuke). No one is sure if the gun will really fire. No one is sure that if it does fire that it will hit anyone. But no one wants to risk taking a bullet between the eyes if the crazy guy gets lucky, so it just becomes a long standoff.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

This is one of those times when I feel it's in the best interest of everyone that this ship be bombed to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean if it comes within even 500 miles of our citizens. Whether they threaten us just to get their jollies off laughing at our response, or they're really so insane that they're seriously gonna do this, it ain't fuckin' funny.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

If anyone launches a nuke, the rest of the world will join up, and fuck them up. It is suicide to do it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

There was a report of a rumor that they would be launching a long range missile that could possibly target Hawaii. Whether it could make it that far or not I believe is still unclear.

North Korea did issue a statement saying that they would be holding training exercises off of their coast and that anyone in the waters or trying to interfere would be dealt with.

Putting the two together sounds like they are going to try and launch a missile, however, I don't think North Korea has explicitly come out saying they are going to launch a long range missile at Hawaii. That would be sheer stupidity on their part and I would have expected to hear a lot more regarding it if they had made that statement.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For some reason, I'm thinking of who will play Kim's part in all this when they decide to make a movie about this incident.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

America boosts Hawaii defences after North Korea threatens to launch missile on Independence Day

By Mail Foreign Service
    Last updated at 2:42 PM on 19th June 2009

The United States has deployed anti-missile defences around Hawaii amid claims that North Korea may fire its most advanced ballistic missile toward the region on Independence Day.

The missile, believed to be a Taepodong-2 with a range of up to 4,000 miles, would be launched from the Dongchang-ni site on July 4 from the north-western coast of the country.

North Korea test-fired a similar long-range missile on July 4 three years ago, but it failed seconds after liftoff.

North Korea issued this image of a Taepodong-2 missile: It has a range of 4,000 miles

This is North Korea's Taepodong-2 missile which has a range of 4,000 miles. Intelligence analysts do not believe it would be capable of hitting Hawaii which is 4,500 miles away
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...42_468x299.jpg

U.S. Defence Secretary Robert Gates said the additional defences around Hawaii consist of a ground-based mobile missile system and a radar system nearby.

Together they could shoot an incoming missile in mid air.

'Without telegraphing what we will do, I would just say... we are in a good position, should it become necessary, to protect Americans and American territory,' Gates said today.

Intelligence analysts do not believe the device would be capable of hitting Hawaii's main islands, which are 4,500 miles from North Korea.

However a new missile launch would be a brazen slap in the face of the international community, which punished North Korea with new U.N. sanctions for conducting a second nuclear test on May 25 in defiance of a U.N. ban.
    Enlarge

North Korean leader Kim Jong Il inspecting the command of the 7th Infantry Division of the North Korean Peoples Army
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...23_468x353.jpg

North Korea spurned the U.N. Security Council resolution with threats of war and pledges to expand its nuclear bomb-making program.

The Security Council resolution calls on all 192 U.N. member states to inspect vessels on the high seas - with the owner country's approval - if they believe the cargo contains banned weapons.

In what would be the first test case for the sanctions, the U.S. military has begun tracking a North Korean-flagged ship, Kang Nam, which left a port in North Korea on Wednesday, two U.S. officials said.

The ship, which may be carrying illicit weapons, was in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of China on today, the officials said on condition of anonymity because they were discussing intelligence.

It was uncertain what the Kang Nam was carrying, but it has been involved in weapons proliferation before, one of the officials said.

Details of the missile launch came from the Japan's best-selling newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun.

Both Japanese intelligence and U.S. reconnaissance satellites have collated information pointing to the launch, according to the report.
    Enlarge North-Korea.jpg

A missile fired from North Korea would have to travel 4,500 miles before it reached the U.S. state of Hawaii
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...47_468x321.jpg

It is understood the communist state is likely to fire the missile between July 4 and 8.

A launch on July 4 would coincide with Independence Day in the States.It would also be the 15th anniversary of North Korean president Kim Il-Sung's death.

Officials had initially believed that North Korea might attempt to launch a similar device towards either Japan's Okinawa island, Guam or Hawaii.

But the ministry concluded launches toward Okinawa or Guam were 'extremely unlikely' because the first-stage booster could drop into waters off China, agitating Beijing, or hit western Japanese territory.

If the missile were fired in the direction of Hawaii, the booster could drop in the Sea of Japan.

News of the launch would put 'enormous military pressure on the United States,' the Yomiuri said, citing the ministry report.

A spokesman for the Japanese Defense Ministry declined to comment on the report.

South Korea's Defense Ministry and the National Intelligence Service - the country's main spy agency - said they could not confirm it.
    Hawaii

It was announced today that the U.S. has deployed anti-missile defences around Hawaii in response to the threat.

Tension on the divided Korean peninsula has risen markedly since the North, led by Kim Jong-il, conducted two nuclear tests this year in defiance of repeated international warnings

The first rocket, fired in April, was widely seen as a disguised long-range missile test. A second launch came on May 25.

U.S. satellite intelligence has shown that a missile launch pad had been erected at Dongchang-ri on North Korea's north-west coast.

General James Cartwright, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said it would take at least three to five years for North Korea to pose a real threat to the U.S. west coast.

The UN Security Council last week authorised member states to inspect North Korean sea, air and land cargo, requiring them to seize and destroy goods shipped that violate the sanctions against arms export.

On Saturday, in response to this declaration Pyongyang said it would bolster its nuclear programs and threatened war.

Growing tensions come as arms-watchdog the International Crisis Group (ICG) claimed North Korea has several thousand tonnes of chemical weapons it could mount on missiles.

The report from the non-government organisation said they believed the North's army have about 2,500 to 5,000 tonnes of chemical weapons which include mustard gas, sarin and other deadly nerve agents.

ICG also also warned South Korea may become a target.

'If there is an escalation of conflict and if military hostilities break out, there is a risk that they could be used. In conventional terms, North Korea is weak and they feel they might have to resort to using those,' said Daniel Pinkston, the ICG's representative in Seoul.

The North has been working on chemical weapons for decades and can deliver them through long-range artillery directed on Seoul which is home to about half of South Korea's 49 million people and via missiles that could hit all of the country.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    For some reason, I'm thinking of who will play Kim's part in all this when they decide to make a movie about this incident.
    http://andrewstevenharris.files.word...ckeyrooney.jpg

If anyone gets this reference, they win a cookie.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads View Post
    Attention, his mommy didn't breastfeed him.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    http://andrewstevenharris.files.word...ckeyrooney.jpg

If anyone gets this reference, they win a cookie.
    Do it for me. The Mickster.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

King of the Hill?

BG Level

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast