BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

How do you load >4 POL ids in POL Viewer

How do you load 5 or more POL IDs in Playonline, instead of always having to login as guest, I accidentally have done it on my laptop but cannot figure out how, everytime I try to add it says 4 is the max.

Anyone know?

i thought i remembered a scroll bar if there were more, but i guess that isn't the case

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You can't. Use Guest or delete some shit.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You can, I have done it, I will take a screenshot later, I just do not know how I did it and yes there is a scroll bar.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Neoex View Post
    You can, I have done it, I will take a screenshot later, I just do not know how I did it and yes there is a scroll bar.
    I'm interested in this.

If you try to add a new member with 4 existing members it comes up with a messege saying that you can't add any more before deleting, so i always thought 4 is the limit.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sta View Post
    If you try to add a new member with 4 existing members it comes up with a messege saying that you can't add any more before deleting, so i always thought 4 is the limit.
    ^ this

http://i43.tinypic.com/34hc19l.jpg

This may have been available in the past, I swear I did it, but it is not now.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I will post SS when I get home from work.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

You can install different regions POLs (like EU and US client) and set 4 accounts in each.
    Needs some registry tweaking, but they can both point at the same FFXI installation.

Basically you install the other region PoL and update it, exit it, open regedit and look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PlayOnlineUS key (or PlayOnlineEU if you have EU version installed originally).

Open this .reg file in notepad and rename every occurrence(sp?) of PlayOnlineUS to PlayOnlineEU.
    Then look for the "Interface" keys (there should be 3 lines) and delete the 0002 and 1000 lines (or they will mess up your new installation).

You can close notepad and double-click the .reg to merge it into the registry.

The only drawback is that you cannot manage account information (like Content ID activation/deactivation, billing info, etc.) with a different client than the region the account is, but just for logging in is fine.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by arshesney View Post
    You can install different regions POLs (like EU and US client) and set 4 accounts in each.
    Needs some registry tweaking, but they can both point at the same FFXI installation.

Basically you install the other region PoL and update it, exit it, open regedit and look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PlayOnlineUS key (or PlayOnlineEU if you have EU version installed originally).

Open this .reg file in notepad and rename every occurrence(sp?) of PlayOnlineUS to PlayOnlineEU.
    Then look for the "Interface" keys (there should be 3 lines) and delete the 0002 and 1000 lines (or they will mess up your new installation).

You can close notepad and double-click the .reg to merge it into the registry.

The only drawback is that you cannot manage account information (like Content ID activation/deactivation, billing info, etc.) with a different client than the region the account is, but just for logging in is fine.
    While this may be possible, its not as convenient or as simple as the OP is explaining. Definitely would love to see the screen shot of this miracle. Being someone who has over 6+ account info's which get typed in guest constantly. It would be nice to have more slots for accounts.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

This is very relevant to my interests. Logging in as guest is such a bitch, defaults to 20 min time out every time ><

Would be a god send if there is a way to do more than 4.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

get real like i would start a thread to post a shopped image, im just trying to find out if anyone knows how to do it, because i accidentaly did it on my laptop and owuld like to get it on my other comps

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Looks like a horrible shop to me (no offense). If I can do this in 5 seconds with photosoup, then it really discourages the point.

http://i42.tinypic.com/s1l3z5.jpg

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

you guys are idiots, i have better things to do that make shit up and play around like a 18 year old on photoshop,

you want me to make a video or something, jesus

Theres a scroll bar and 5 POL IDs loaded, if you wanna come in and troll about it being fake, just keep your comments to yourself, I was hoping someone else has done this and knows what they did to get it like this.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

I don't know about you, but if I figured out how to make POL store more than 4 IDs, I'd go back over my steps and document *everything* in hopes of finding out exactly how I did it. No offense, but unless you can produce some kind of method that someone else can test, you haven't done shit.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I dont remember my steps, im not BRAGGING, im just want to replicate it, so i can do it again. only thing i can think of is that it happened when i put my main on the token, then some how the other worked. or like i changed the POL password(while logged on as guest), and when I did it asked if i wanted to save it in POL for login and I said yes, I really do not remember how it got like this

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It could be some custom editing of the PlayOnline folder to make more users than you can from inside POL Viewer. What folders do you have for users there?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast