+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Why does the general black public perceive everything as racist?

Seriously, get over it.

I was in the movie theater last week and happened to see a preview for the upcoming Disney film "The Princess and the Frog" and my fist thought is that it was awesome because Disney hasn't done actual animation in a long time.

So, I look up the movie and the first thing I find is how many ppl find it racist, which is BS.

All this time, a lot of the black population would complain "OMG none of the Disney princesses are black, they are so racist!" and now that there is one, the video is being nit-picked at every corner.
    "oh the prince isn't black"
    "They have a black guy doing voo-doo!"
    ect ect

Its retarded shit like this that gets me weird looks as a black man, I swear >.>

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Amen

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    "They have a black guy doing voo-doo!"
    well, to be fair i have never seen a white guy doing voo-doo

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

want racism check out the robots in transformers 2.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't think I like the plot at all.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

i agree veg.

i generally hang around white ppl, and when im around a different crowd at Club Voodoo or just a regular bar in miami, the hispanics and zoes always ask me "why do you let your friends call you nigga?"

i tell them truth. id be more offended if they held it back and didnt say it in front of my face, lol. I feel as if im the only one who doesnt take offense, because my brother was known for beating up people who did that. im just more laid back i guess. i could care less, lol. some of the best jokes i never heard are nigga jokes. and i have a very good sense of humor.

hey veg, why are all niggas so fast?

cuz all the slow ones are in jail

har har

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Teffy View Post
    want racism check out the robots in transformers 2.
    lol i've heard ppl calling this movie racist too. I'm a see it in Imax on mondy.

EVERYTHING IS RACIST TOWARDS BLACKS ZOMG. The US sits and things "hmm how can we make them feel inferior today!"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

it isnt that the general populus sees it as racist. its that the few who might are in the public eye, and therefore sway the normal people who would never even think about it in a racist manner.

about transformers 2... from what i have read, one of the Decepticons supposedly yells "JIHAD!" at one point in a battle. haven't seen it myself so i cant verify. but a lot of ppl off of imdb report hearing it as well

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

lol i've heard ppl calling this movie racist too. I'm a see it in Imax on mondy.

EVERYTHING IS RACIST TOWARDS BLACKS ZOMG. The US sits and things "hmm how can we make them feel inferior today!"
    lern to spell.

from random image thread because it applies here as well:
    http://cdn-i.dmdentertainment.com/fu.../piecharts.jpg

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This thread will end well.

On-topic though, I think the racist cries to many different things are overblown and ridiculous. I was at Rutgers a couple years ago when Imus made that "nappy headed hoes" statement -- you would not believe the outcry on campus against that man from black organizations. Women's groups even tried to protest it, saying that the word "hoes" was sexist. Of course, I'm white, so any sort of attitude saying that things people perceive as racist as not in fact racist would designate me as a racist.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

We are a society obsessed with political correctness, and political correctness is inherently racist, therefore there is a lot of racism.

You never saw a white priest?

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kimble View Post
    White people are too smart for that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya View Post
    You never saw a white priest?
    Voodoo
    –noun
    1. Also, vodun. a polytheistic religion practiced chiefly by West Indians, deriving principally from African cult worship and containing elements borrowed from the Catholic religion.
    2. a person who practices this religion.
    3. a fetish or other object of voodoo worship.
    4. a group of magical and ecstatic rites associated with voodoo.
    5. (not in technical use) black magic; sorcery.
    –adjective
    6. of, pertaining to, associated with, or practicing voodoo.
    7. Informal: Usually Disparaging. characterized by deceptively simple, almost magical, solutions or ideas: voodoo politics.
    –verb (used with object)
    8. to affect by voodoo sorcery.

Almost?

Its retarded shit like this that gets me weird looks as a black man, I swear >.>
    You're not black though.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Honestly this is my take on it and Miz can prolly go more into depth in it.

I think a lot of it has to do with because a lot plain don't know any better. A lot of the black people I know with this mindset also don't typically mingle with other races except when those people are in positions of authority. Now listen to some hip-hop lyrics, a few of the hate crimes commited against Afro-Americans in the past that's blown up in the media and then look at most of the trash that's popular on tv today and you'll notice that there's usually minimal to no Afro-American presence seen outside from established black actors.

It's gonna take a lot from both sides to change it and honestly I don't see that happening anytime soon especially with the reality tv boom which portrays unrealistic lifestyles as the norm.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Agreed, you hit it right on the head. Woozie and have talked about this alot on IM as a matter of fact. Our love for everything Math, Physics and Cosmology are like our own personal scarlett letters.

We both have been called "white" because we don't own record labels, beat our bitches and shuck n jive for Pattys. We chose the college path and had a desire to better ourselves, yet we're ditching our race supposedly.

Nigga please.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

took you long enough to post, Miz

Old Merits
    BG Level

There will always be some group of people who find fault with something and cause an outcry. Some of it may be deserved, but more often than not, they want publicity or attention. Hell, it doesn't help when the group as a whole cannot decide if something is racist or not. I remember a fight that erupted in a class in college because the professor said something about 'African-Americans'. One guy started complaining that he wasn't from Africa, he was black, and the teacher was white, not something like English-American. Which of course made another guy start complaining that black was offensive. Make up your goddamn minds.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

plus now you cant use the word niggardly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast